[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Instantly Closes Upon Selecting NA/EU Server

YorckieYorckie
Reactions: 710
edited December 2016 in Tech Support
After being gone for some months, I've been trying to log in since Thursday with no luck.

The game closes and gives me the 'You have been disconnected from the login server' message after choosing the NA or EU server. The screen stays black for a short while and the login screen can be seen for a split second before the game closes. I've tried login in with other accounts and the same happens. My internet connection is stable and my antivirus has Maple as an exception. I'm trying to play from South America if that has anything to do, yet my friends can play normally. I've never experienced this issue before the latest update. Please, what can I do?

Comments

• RivvalRivval
    Reactions: 315
    edited December 2016
    I have had this problem for the past days. I have been able to log on twice, without doing anything different. I have really no clue how to solve this...
  • YorckieYorckie
    edited December 2016
    Any official acknowledgement on this? Still can't get to play and it's getting more frustrating since I might be missing 2x EXP, Hot Day and Week events...
  • JustJakeyJustJakey
    Reactions: 105
    edited December 2016
    Yorckie
    Yorckie said:

Any official acknowledgement on this? Still can't get to play and it's getting more frustrating since I might be missing 2x EXP, Hot Day and Week events...
    Same, I was really excited for this update. And I've been a fan of maplestory, playing for almost 7 years already. Until the update caused a ban on my main. I even made a new account to see how it would work (it only did for about an hour), and then I "crashed" again.
    Yorckie
  • XCaedisXXCaedisX
    Reactions: 755
    edited December 2016
    Some updates on my game's crashing: Where it previously gave me the error stating I've been banned/game's down for maintenance/internet is unstable, it now tells me my client is outdated when it crashes after region selection. It's not. It's playing the V video, and I reinstalled twice, ran an installation repair probably five times. I tried launching from the nexon launcher and gamelauncher.exe in the files. I even reinstalled the nexon launcher. Same error every time, even though my game is up to date. :l
    Yorckie
  • YorckieYorckie
    edited December 2016
    Aight so posting here won't get us any help from the staff. Are there more options to recieve a sure answer?
    The response and fix for this gamebreaking update are taking absurdly long.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    You can try these see if it helps you at all
    Note: Specifics may vary depending on what operating system you use. I use Windows 7.

1. Step number *ONE*:
    Go into the start menu and click on control panel

2. Step number *TWO*:
    Locate your Network and Sharing (may be named differently on a different OS)

3. Step number *THREE*:
    Locate where you may manage/change your adapter settings

4. Step number *FOUR*:
    Locate all "Local Area Connection #" or any networks which state "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" and disable them.

5. Step number *Five*:
    Restart your computer

6. Step number *Six*:
    In start menu Search device manager

7. Step number *Seven*:
    Go down to wireless in propertys turn off the setting to let the computer turn it off

8. Step number *Eight*:
    Save

9. Step number *Nine*:
    In start menu type cmd right click "Run as Admin"

10. Step number *Ten*:
    Then type "netsh winsock reset"

11. Step number *Eleven*:
    Press enter

12. Step number *Twelve*:
    Restart your comp when your promped

13. Step number *Thirteen*:
    Turn off your antivirus until restart < avg free is bad for dcing >

14. Step number *Fourteen*:
    Go into maplestory folder

15. Step number *Fifteen*:
    Right click
    Maplestory.exe
    Maplestorylauncher.exe
    Nexonlauncher.exe
    { Pretty much all the exe }
    and go into compatibility and Click the box FOR ALL USERS

16. Step number *Sixteen*:
    Change them to compatibility win 7 at same time< only if ur on win 10>

17. Step number *Seventeen*:
    Now start the game when your on character selection screen

18.. Step number *Nineteen*:
    press alt + tab + delete together

20. Step number *Twenty*:
    Go down to task manager

21. Step number *Twenty-one*:
    Find maplestory.exe in processes and right click

22. Step number *Twenty-two*:
    Set Affinity
    here depending on your computer
    start at above average
    if u have a beast of a comp then go realtime or high i usually go high but that's me

I hope this helps
    Thumbs up if it does<3
    Yorckie
  • YorckieYorckie
    edited December 2016
    Did not @Sweetheart123 ... but thanks a lot for taking the time on answering. <3
  • meeoutzidemeeoutzide
    Reactions: 805
    edited December 2016
    I am having trouble getting on the game since the merge with Europe. I launch the game from Nexon Gamelauncher and get to select NA. I then select server, and then select character and then the game crashes as I am typing in password. No network problem. I then go back to Nexon Gamelauncher and select repair installation. Then after a 11 MB down load and install, I restart Nexon Gamelauncher and select Maplestory and play. I have to do this one or two times before I am able to log in without the game crashing. Once I am logged into Maplestory, I have no problems.
    Yorckie
  • YorckieYorckie
    edited December 2016
    Thank you @meetoutzide , would definitely try if I could get past the NA/EU server select screen. :' (
  • RivvalRivval
    edited December 2016
    Very strange. I had been able to play for two days without changing anything, however this error/crash is now back.... really don't know how to fix it.
    Yorckie
  • YorckieYorckie
    edited December 2016
    FINALLY.
    The last maintenance and patch fixed it for me. Hope you all can login smoothly. Thank you Nexon~
    Rivval
  • xKamiOhxxKamiOhx
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    I have the same problem.
    Sometimes I get into the game but I change the channel or enter some portal and kicks me out of the game.
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
  • RivvalRivval
    edited December 2016
    The last patch solved the issue for me as well. Guess it is fixed now?
    Yorckie
  • SekireiFTWSekireiFTW
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    I guess the problem will slowly be fixed I'm still in the mix of ppl that can't get in. I will play other games until then. congrats to everyone that had the problem fixed.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I am too addicted to the game, I just log off and wait 24 hours, I have a large Steam Library so I am not too worried about playing Maple. I had this same issue yesterday after picking the region the game instantly closed. Haven't tried it today yet but will later
    SekireiFTW
  • DaizoDaizo
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2016
    I was able to bypass the NA and EU select, but after a minute or two ingame, i just crash and get a popup saying about NGS hacking (even though I clearly am not hacking), I even posted a discussion of it too, but no answers have been posted. I just hope the Maplestory Team can do something to fix these situations
  • PoTfOrPoTfOr
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    haha, hey guys i can not play for long time.... since 118 update in EU maple story... heh.... i think 5 months alredy... or more... after that update i can not play... even after merge to NA i can not play... no body knows what is happening now... this is funny, some people can play in PC but not in laptop... heh... some people need to delete intro file, to play game... some people need to skip intro of game in the middle of it.... haha every one has different cure of this siutuation and i tried all of them... uppsss, not working for me.... i hope somebody will find cure for me... i haven't play MS for many months.... i am dead man now... sorryyy for my english i am polish.... and it's difficult for me, to write in english :) GOOOD LOOOOK MAPLERS :D

huh i spent almost 1h to write this letter... haha, still less that nexon need to fix ouer problem :D
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    Daizo
    Daizo said:

I was able to bypass the NA and EU select, but after a minute or two ingame, i just crash and get a popup saying about NGS hacking (even though I clearly am not hacking), I even posted a discussion of it too, but no answers have been posted. I just hope the Maplestory Team can do something to fix these situations
    this seems like your antivirus kicking you disable it and try again
    PoTfOr
    PoTfOr said:

haha, hey guys i can not play for long time.... since 118 update in EU maple story... heh.... i think 5 months alredy... or more... after that update i can not play... even after merge to NA i can not play... no body knows what is happening now... this is funny, some people can play in PC but not in laptop... heh... some people need to delete intro file, to play game... some people need to skip intro of game in the middle of it.... haha every one has different cure of this siutuation and i tried all of them... uppsss, not working for me.... i hope somebody will find cure for me... i haven't play MS for many months.... i am dead man now... sorryyy for my english i am polish.... and it's difficult for me, to write in english :) GOOOD LOOOOK MAPLERS :D

huh i spent almost 1h to write this letter... haha, still less that nexon need to fix ouer problem :D

this seems like your wireless adapter turning off your wireless
    go into start menu
    look for device manager
    go down to networks
    and click on your wireless
    go over to power management
    and untick " let the computer turn this device off to conserve power
    apply and try again
    Yorckie