[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Login will not complete

CocoDriloCocoDrilo
Reactions: 640
edited December 2016 in Tech Support
Ok i had a previous post saying that i was unable to select North America because the game would crash, i can get through that part now, but now when i select my character and put in my PIC a loading window shows up then dissapears, i can hear the little sound the game makes when you are just about to enter the game but it remains in the character selection screen for about a minute or two and then the game crashes, my friends told me to keep on trying to log in but i already did it over 7 times and it did not let me in

Comments

• Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    what you need to do is
    Note: Specifics may vary depending on what operating system you use. I use Windows 7.

1. Step number *ONE*:
    Go into the start menu and click on control panel

2. Step number *TWO*:
    Locate your Network and Sharing (may be named differently on a different OS)

3. Step number *THREE*:
    Locate where you may manage/change your adapter settings

4. Step number *FOUR*:
    Locate all "Local Area Connection #" or any networks which state "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" and disable them.
  • MaplerMapler
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2016
    I'm having the same problem!
    However, this only happens when I try to log onto my new explorer character. My other characters are working perfectly fine.
    This started to happen when I got to the quest where you choose what job you want.
    I've even recreated the character and the same thing is happening...
  • CocoDriloCocoDrilo
    edited December 2016
    Sweetheart123

what you need to do is
    Note: Specifics may vary depending on what operating system you use. I use Windows 7.

1. Step number *ONE*:
    Go into the start menu and click on control panel

2. Step number *TWO*:
    Locate your Network and Sharing (may be named differently on a different OS)

3. Step number *THREE*:
    Locate where you may manage/change your adapter settings

4. Step number *FOUR*:
    Locate all "Local Area Connection #" or any networks which state "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" and disable them.
    I tried this, Theres nothing named Microsoft Loopback Adapter or similar there, also checked in device manager and did not find it

i just installed a new ssd on my pc and running windows 10 now having same problem
  • CocoDriloCocoDrilo
    edited December 2016
    So i kind of found a workaround to log in, and i dont even understand how it works but check it, this may help some of you xD

When im logging in i switch to window mode by pressing ALT + Enter i believe, and problem solved, no more problems to log in, i found this by accident when trying to chat through skype