[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

An open letter to Nexon

AndromedyAndromedy
Reactions: 1,720
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
To whom it may concern,

Hello, My name is Andy and I've been playing Maplestory since it's early years. I was there for the very first Maple Anniversary, and I've been playing on/off every since. This game is a wonderfully addictive way to spend time with friends and every time I come back I find myself more and more drawn in with all the new features an updates. Between nostalgia and just pure excitement and fun times, I will forever hold this game close to my heart.

That being said, in light of recent events, thing's are changing for the worse. I think I speak for many a Mapler when I say that we, as a whole community, are extremely disheartened and upset at the recent behaviors and outcomes of these past few weeks. We have had unstable servers, game breaking lag, countless glitches, day long maintenance's, multiple unscheduled maintenance, hacking, and much more. We have posted out strife on the forums, reached out and encouraged others to do the same. We have tried to come together as a true community to try and work together with you(Nexon) and alleviate these issues. Sadly, our efforts are for naught. After all of these maintenance, the number of glitches and bugs seem to stay the same, hacker's are still going seemingly unpunished, bosses are continuously breaking. The only thing we've seemed to accomplish is an end to this miserable lag. But was it because of community backlash, or simply just an excuse to get us to keep playing, regardless of ALL inconveniences, and keep filling your wallets.

On-top of all this, you have now placed the final straw of these event's on our back, and we are outraged at the sheer lack of empathy with your player base. The addition of adding a 10(Ten) coin limit to the Santa box's, has been a huge slap in the face to us. Through all of this turmoil, our only saving grace with these event's was being able to endlessly farm in peace, and receive the items we wanted. That's all gone to waste. The most sought after prize of this event, the 1200(One Thousand two hundred) V coin ring, is now unobtainable without sheer luck of glitching out the seemingly spaghetti code of these boxes. It goes without saying that this is extremely disheartening to a vast majority of players.

This is the Holiday season, where EVERY SINGLE PERSON should be filled with joy, love, and care. Filled with the spirit of giving and spreading happiness among everyone they meet. We should be excited to log in, and play. We should be excited to be able to get cool and unique items from these events. We shouldn't have to complain and be upset that we have to give up these events because of limits and restrictions. We as a community should ENJOY PLAYING THIS GAME.

I hope reading this sparks a passion within not just Nexon, but within our Maplers as well. We need to come together, as ONE community and make this game, the greatest it can be. And I know that we can achieve these goals TOGETHER.

I thank you all for your time, and I wish you the happiest of holidays.

-Andy(Andromedy)

(I'm attaching a pole this post. Voting yes show's you agree and "sign" this letter with your Mapler stamp of approval. Let's all show Nexon our dedication and love for this game!)
sparebladeJettLuvsUqouowgorateronNairassoyLucasGiacomettiLonfyreMakazeKibaAglowRithiaand 24 others.
  1. Do you agree with this message?89 votes
    1. Yes
       96% (85 votes)
    2. No
       4% (4 votes)

Comments

• sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I was going to chime in and add to this, but you know what? I don't think it's needed. You've covered it all pretty well.

Well said.
    AndromedygorateronSkyfall1989Kylehell007NobleEvan
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    edited December 2016
    spareblade

I was going to chime in and add to this, but you know what? I don't think it's needed. You've covered it all pretty well.

Well said.
    Thank you I appreciate that a lot :)! Happy Mapling!
    Daleth
  • DelusionalDelusional
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    It's so sad that it's funny.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    *signed* Bring back the good ol' days to this game...
    No not "pre-big-bang" gameplay, rather actual good holiday events, a reason to play and share good times together!
    AndromedyICSOblivionPissedOffKylehell007
  • LucasGiacomettiLucasGiacometti
    Reactions: 570
    edited December 2016
    Indeed
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    I support this. I'll admit I'm a bit hotter-headed that most of us here and that this message is a far better version of the locked one I made earlier.

I just hope that a similarly heart-felt response is made, not some cheap copy-pasta from a script-book of responses.

Here's hoping the new CM (when they come) will be up to task. Better yet, a nice collective letter from the dev team would be probably more satisfying.
    Andromedy
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited December 2016
    I'm sorry, but this entire post is just completely wrong.

We have posted out strife on the forums, reached out and encouraged others to do the same. We have tried to come together as a true community to try and work together with you(Nexon) and alleviate these issues.
    Not even close. What HAS been done is hundreds of hate-filled messages not concerned with bringing the community together, but tearing it apart. Furthermore, you haven't tried to work with Nexon at all. More of a "you need to do this and this and this and this and this and this and..." with no attempts to help in any way.

After all of these maintenance, the number of glitches and bugs seem to stay the same, hacker's are still going seemingly unpunished, bosses are continuously breaking.
    This is blatantly untrue. The number of glitches and bugs has been reduced dramatically (read the recent update notes, please...), hackers ARE getting punished (although it can't be seen since the list of the ones banned hasn't been posted), and they are working on the boss issues (seriously, how fast do you expect fixes?).

Then of course, you bring up the issue of the boxes. This is indeed a problem, but then you follow it up with a mushy, over-the-top thing about "the holidays being about love", while you and the entire forums seem to HAVE no love (or care or joy) for anyone affiliated with Nexon. That's just straight hypocrisy.

If you really want things to get done, here's what REALLY needs to be done, from the perspective of the real world (which everyone here seems to forget exists):

1) More workers for Nexon - this can only be done if Nexon has the money to pay their workers.
    2) More positive support from players - this will both keep both current workers WANTING to continue and encourage more workers to join.
    3) More help from the players - I'm talking report EVERY hacker, botter, advertiser, bug, glitch, etc. I KNOW people need to do this more. If every botter/hacker was reported and every bug/glitch posted in the forums, things would get done far faster.

If you really want more joy from the holidays, YOU will have to work for it, instead of sitting on your computer doing nothing.
  • MachoDanshakuMachoDanshaku
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    I think we need to wait a bit longer before we can really complain about the unobtainability of the ring. There are more events coming up that will reward V coins (according to the in-game event calendar), perhaps those will be more generous. Besides, there should still be some difficulty to obtain the ring in my opinion. Nexon might as well place a fully upgraded ring in everyone's inventory if the box drop rate and V coin obtain rate would have stayed the same as it was yesterday. I like the sense of accomplishment that comes with working for a reward, so getting the ring shouldn't be too easy. Further lowering the drop rate of the boxes, but removing the V coin limit would be a good solution in my opinion.

Other than that I suppose I agree with your letter. Nexon has been incredibly focused on emptying their players' pockets, over the years and it makes me think very poorly of the company. The game itself is a great deal of fun, however. I really wish for Nexon to stop looking at Maplestory as a money-making machine and start caring more about the game and their player base. Yet past experience makes me feel that that's too much to ask.
    Andromedy
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    edited December 2016
    AK712
    AK712 said:

We have posted out strife on the forums, reached out and encouraged others to do the same. We have tried to come together as a true community to try and work together with you(Nexon) and alleviate these issues.
    Not even close. What HAS been done is hundreds of hate-filled messages not concerned with bringing the community together, but tearing it apart. Furthermore, you haven't tried to work with Nexon at all. More of a "you need to do this and this and this and this and this and this and..." with no attempts to help in any way.

After all of these maintenance, the number of glitches and bugs seem to stay the same, hacker's are still going seemingly unpunished, bosses are continuously breaking.
    This is blatantly untrue. The number of glitches and bugs has been reduced dramatically (read the recent update notes, please...), hackers ARE getting punished (although it can't be seen since the list of the ones banned hasn't been posted), and they are working on the boss issues (seriously, how fast do you expect fixes?).

Then of course, you bring up the issue of the boxes. This is indeed a problem, but then you follow it up with a mushy, over-the-top thing about "the holidays being about love", while you and the entire forums seem to HAVE no love (or care or joy) for anyone affiliated with Nexon. That's just straight hypocrisy.

If you really want things to get done, here's what REALLY needs to be done, from the perspective of the real world (which everyone here seems to forget exists):

1) More workers for Nexon - this can only be done if Nexon has the money to pay their workers.
    2) More positive support from players - this will both keep both current workers WANTING to continue and encourage more workers to join.
    3) More help from the players - I'm talking report EVERY hacker, botter, advertiser, bug, glitch, etc. I KNOW people need to do this more. If every botter/hacker was reported and every bug/glitch posted in the forums, things would get done far faster.

If you really want more joy from the holidays, YOU will have to work for it, instead of sitting on your computer doing nothing.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but your pure negativity isn't what this post is meant to create. This is a post 100% dedicated to enlightening Nexon on our civil grievances with their product, in a completely formal and non threatening way. No one in this thread has "attacked" Nexon, or has acted in anyway superior to their systems.

I have seen countless people in-game via Smega complaining about new bugs found after only this latest patch was in play. They get fixed, more happen, it's the cycle of games. A game cannot be perfect, nobody expects it to be. But new bugs keep showing up, and old one's are still persistent.

I have every bit of empathy for the workers at Nexon, as I do for my fellow Maple community. You have no right to judge me, my beliefs, or how I present my beliefs, as you do not personally know me. Your attack on my demeanor as a person is completely unwarranted, and quite frankly, rather appalling.

Positive support for this game is exactly what this post is supposed to be generating. by voting "Yes" it show's that do agree with these problems, but are willing to admit they exist, and work with Nexon to get through them, not attack other players/Nexon on the forums. We are working towards bettering our experience on Maplestory. It cannot happen overnight. And it cannot happen with pure negativity and toxicity. We cannot work for Nexon. We cannot personally address Nexon. This is what we can do. This is how we can fix the game we all love.

I encourage you to keep expressing your opinion, but please remain courteous and civil. Again, this is a POSITIVE post.
  • RithiaRithia
    Reactions: 725
    edited December 2016
    AK712
    AK712 said:

Gonna point out something with the bolded pats.
    Namely;
    Players cannot give out positive support if they are being made unhappy. There's a balance that has to be kept, and Nexon isn't quite making an effort on keeping their players happy. More happy players = more players which in turn means more money. It is simple as that.

If the boxes stayed unlimited, people would've probably bought 2x drop coupons! Imagine what kind of money that'd be!
    Or bought pets to make the looting easier! Those two things are things that could or would happen if the boxes stayed unlimited. Sure, it might seem "unfair", but Nexon is a corporation. So I'd assume they want our money.

Also, may I point out that we're limited to 10 reports a day? I'd gladly report every botter and hacker that I see, don't get me wrong. But when you're limited, you rather not report everything you see as it'll feel like it will be in vain.
    Andromedy
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    edited December 2016
    MachoDanshaku

I think we need to wait a bit longer before we can really complain about the unobtainability of the ring. There are more events coming up that will reward V coins (according to the in-game event calendar), perhaps those will be more generous. Besides, there should still be some difficulty to obtain the ring in my opinion. Nexon might as well place a fully upgraded ring in everyone's inventory if the box drop rate and V coin obtain rate would have stayed the same as it was yesterday. I like the sense of accomplishment that comes with working for a reward, so getting the ring shouldn't be too easy. Further lowering the drop rate of the boxes, but removing the V coin limit would be a good solution in my opinion.
    Thank you for your contribution. I do agree with this. I realize that my original post is a tad vague about the coin limit. I do agree with there being some sort of limit on the coins yes. Acquiring a +20 all stat M/Patt ring shouldn't happen in a day. However The 10 coin limit is just in all fairness highly ridiculous. I do like this idea though and I think it would work out better for everyone if this was implemented.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    MachoDanshaku

perhaps those will be more generous.
    "Perhaps"? I'm not sitting here in hope, brother. That's not how things get done. This change to the event absolutely should NOT have been done in the first place. There was already quite enough backlash from last year's Maplemas event reaming for them to have learned a lesson from. This is not only a repeat of the past failure, but a WORSE one that should NOT have EVER happened in the first place. Nexon is due for a sincere apology to the players, and THEN SOME.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Honestly...I don't wanna see this game fall. It means a lot to me. I would work for minimum wage or whatnot to try and do something...and currently trying to apply for CM...=3= Seriously Nexon...please let me do what I can...and that is be a middle point for players and staff Q_Q
    Andromedy
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    edited December 2016
    Petalmagic

Honestly...I don't wanna see this game fall. It means a lot to me. I would work for minimum wage or whatnot to try and do something...and currently trying to apply for CM...=3= Seriously Nexon...please let me do what I can...and that is be a middle point for players and staff Q_Q
    I'd love to see you as a CM. Here's hoping we can keep our game alive and healthy! :)

• VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited December 2016
    One of the best business lines I'll ever remembered that shown why nexon was the best MMORPG games during the PRE-BB era.
    I'm aware i maybe wrong with the quote due to not remembering it exactly word for word but it had a significant moral how nexons was at its apex.

"If our players loved our game, then they would buy NX for that reason."

How times have progressed, eh?
    Not just with nexon but everywhere else everyone appears entitled to have the power.

I may not work with nexon nor know the community inside and out but i know for a fact their are still many many issues still unresolved, bad habits with the game and company and vague lines with the community that are still very transparent and shaky.
    Andromedy
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    I don't want the game to go down cause it would be really awful here's hoping to make maple great again.
    Andromedy
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2016
    Lilyflower

I don't want the game to go down cause it would be really awful here's hoping to make maple great again.
    Well...here's hope to Petal's shiny new resume...
    LilyflowerAndromedy
  • JSyraXJSyraX
    Reactions: 785
    edited December 2016

To whom it may concern,

Hello, My name is Andy and I've been playing Maplestory since it's early years. I was there for the very first Maple Anniversary, and I've been playing on/off every since. This game is a wonderfully addictive way to spend time with friends and every time I come back I find myself more and more drawn in with all the new features an updates. Between nostalgia and just pure excitement and fun times, I will forever hold this game close to my heart.

That being said, in light of recent events, thing's are changing for the worse. I think I speak for many a Mapler when I say that we, as a whole community, are extremely disheartened and upset at the recent behaviors and outcomes of these past few weeks. We have had unstable servers, game breaking lag, countless glitches, day long maintenance's, multiple unscheduled maintenance, hacking, and much more. We have posted out strife on the forums, reached out and encouraged others to do the same. We have tried to come together as a true community to try and work together with you(Nexon) and alleviate these issues. Sadly, our efforts are for naught. After all of these maintenance, the number of glitches and bugs seem to stay the same, hacker's are still going seemingly unpunished, bosses are continuously breaking. The only thing we've seemed to accomplish is an end to this miserable lag. But was it because of community backlash, or simply just an excuse to get us to keep playing, regardless of ALL inconveniences, and keep filling your wallets.

On-top of all this, you have now placed the final straw of these event's on our back, and we are outraged at the sheer lack of empathy with your player base. The addition of adding a 10(Ten) coin limit to the Santa box's, has been a huge slap in the face to us. Through all of this turmoil, our only saving grace with these event's was being able to endlessly farm in peace, and receive the items we wanted. That's all gone to waste. The most sought after prize of this event, the 1200(One Thousand two hundred) V coin ring, is now unobtainable without sheer luck of glitching out the seemingly spaghetti code of these boxes. It goes without saying that this is extremely disheartening to a vast majority of players.

This is the Holiday season, where EVERY SINGLE PERSON should be filled with joy, love, and care. Filled with the spirit of giving and spreading happiness among everyone they meet. We should be excited to log in, and play. We should be excited to be able to get cool and unique items from these events. We shouldn't have to complain and be upset that we have to give up these events because of limits and restrictions. We as a community should ENJOY PLAYING THIS GAME.

I hope reading this sparks a passion within not just Nexon, but within our Maplers as well. We need to come together, as ONE community and make this game, the greatest it can be. And I know that we can achieve these goals TOGETHER.

-Andy(Andromedy)

(I'm attaching a pole this post. Voting yes show's you agree and "sign" this letter with your Mapler stamp of approval. Let's all show Nexon our dedication and love for this game!)
    With disappointment and lack of results from Nexon's feedback i'm starting to think the game is run by a bunch of monkeys. If you want to be heard, bring this complaint to Owen Mahoney (Nexon's CEO). If you want results go to the one person that can make a great change because maplestory's staff sure isn't helping much. This is as civil as i can be as of right now.. I'm on the verge of quitting my favorite game. Something has to change and if you don't try to make difference by going BIG go home. I would go to Owen Mahoney myself but, you seem like a better candidate (you're more civil about this) and if you don't I WILL.
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    edited December 2016
    JSyraX
    JSyraX said:

To whom it may concern,

-Andy(Andromedy)

With disappointment and lack of results from Nexon's feedback i'm starting to think the game is run by a bunch of monkeys. If you want to be heard, bring this complaint to Owen Mahoney (Nexon's CEO). If you want results go to the one person that can make a great change because maplestory's staff sure isn't helping much. This is as civil as i can be as of right now.. I'm on the verge of quitting my favorite game. Something has to change and if you don't try to make difference by going BIG go home. I would go to Owen Mahoney myself but, you seem like a better candidate (you're more civil about this) and if you don't I WILL.
    I can try my best. But I cannot guarantee contact. I thank you for your suggestion. And happy Mapling!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2016

JSyraX
    JSyraX said:

To whom it may concern,

-Andy(Andromedy)

I can try my best. But I cannot guarantee contact. I thank you for your suggestion. And happy Mapling!
    P.S. Don't forget about me :P Lol...Idk if Nexon HR is as bad as the rest of Nexon...but I won't hold my breath.