[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thinking about returning. Help appreciated.

Majeh7Majeh7
Reactions: 100
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Been a long long time since i last played. Was wondering if it was worth coming back like i remember and If i do could i have some ( a lot) of info on what to do now and whats different from say maybe 2 or more years ago?

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Yes it's worth it, read all the past patch notes to find out what's new. Just keep in mind the games fun just poorly managed though.
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited December 2016
    Try it out yourself for a week or two and see if it's for you or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/wiki/guides
  • Majeh7Majeh7
    edited December 2016
    I used to play on Nova. What are the populated servers?
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    umm...none of them? Scania is the most populated and even it is small
  • SupahNoodleSupahNoodle
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    I've been in your situation. a lot has changed in maple. The only real downfall is is the extended patches and such and the lag. the lag can be bad sometimes. But the game is just as fun as ever. Beast Tamer is available right now for a limited time if you get in now and with the 5th job coming out, theres gonna be new content for all classes. I hear the skill system is gonna be pretty fun for 5th job though i do not understand it yet.
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Majeh7
    Majeh7 said:

I used to play on Nova. What are the populated servers?
    Reboot is the most populated server, next is Scania and Windia.
    If you want no p2w and have patience to raise your character go to Reboot.
    If you want p2w, get dmg fast, go to Scania or Windia.

Don't play this game if you have no patience to deal with crash up to 3-4x while logging in, crash during bosses (or even talking to npc), amazing lag during 2x which makes the game literally unplayable in that time frame and be sure that you don't mind feeding a company that doesn't give a crap about the player base.
  • Majeh7Majeh7
    edited December 2016
    yeah I will say i have yet to even get into the game. crashes before i can even select a server :/
    EDIT: and that music is awful to along with the crashes...techno? jeez
  • goraterongorateron
    Reactions: 815
    edited December 2016
    Don't. Come. Back. Nexon does even weirder stuff than before, the game is more frustrating than enjoyable these days. Don't. Do. It. You'll get hooked onto the gambling train and become addicted like all of us on this stupid game ^^ But you best bet is playing REBOOT if you really care.
    Majeh7
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Majeh7
    Majeh7 said:

yeah I will say i have yet to even get into the game. crashes before i can even select a server :/
    EDIT: and that music is awful to along with the crashes...techno? jeez
    I mute it. If you choose reboot and need buddies feel free to add WildStorms

Majeh7