[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Most Underwhelming Maplestory Villain "Deaths"

scholar624scholar624
Reactions: 3,315
edited September 2016 in General Chat
Let's face it, some of the most detestable of humans are boy scouts compared to some MS villains. Yet, through twisted kismet, some disappear from the plot rather unceremoniously; often much to our chagrin after such efforts were made in revealing how vile these individuals were and without any interaction from the player.

Who are some villains/antagonists/characters you thought got off WAY too easily?
If you could rewrite the story, how would you preferred justice to be served?

General Guidelines
- Keep it clean, avoid trotting into sadism. Remember, the punishment must fit the crime
- If possible, have your impromptu ending tie in (if even a little bit) with our current lore

Lastly, of course:

*********** SPOILERS AHEAD ****************

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

********** SPOILERS AHEAD ***************

SERIOUSLY, I AM GIVING YOU FAIR WARNING!

Ahem...Now with formalities aside, get your pencils and supernatural death note ready and let's dole out some swift justice.

Comments

• ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I felt that Gelimer deserved a worse death than he got in Black Heaven. He died from an explosion, which I think is too quick. A slow, painful death would be what he deserved considering that the poison killed people very slowly.

It would have been much more fitting if he was poisoned by his own "medicine" and then begged for Xenon to end his life. I know Xenon isn't really out for revenge, but he should since Gelimer attempted to take his life away when he erased his memories and forced him to be his puppet.

Arkarium hasn't died yet, but I hope he gets an end that he deserves in the next blockbuster.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited September 2016
    There aren't a lot of villains who permadied besides Lotus, Gelimer, and Damien. I think Gelimer wins the trophy of worst because what he did affected hell of a lot more people in the real world than in a world of a contained dimension. Among his crimes include kidnapping children to experiment on, actually killing an innocent child, trying to drop bombs on a whole town to disable their emotions so he could control them, making sentient beings he then promptly disregards despite their loyalty. My oh my.

Lotus may've killed Aria, but it felt like he had personal reasons besides "because I'm evil" and while I wouldn't call Damien a cinnamon roll who did nothing wrong, I feel him too much to feel anything even remotely close to glad that he died.

How I imagine justice would've been done to Gelimer was if he was controlled like one of the robots, treated like a disposable sub-human the way he has treated so many others. Death is almost too good for him.

P.S. This is an interesting topic! Hope to read everyone else's thoughts!
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited September 2016
    Yeah there's only like a handful of villians that actually die.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    eh, gelimers death was symbolic, killed by his own creations ability to feel, the one thing he tried so hard to snuff out.
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I

Arkarium hasn't died yet, but I hope he gets an end that he deserves in the next blockbuster.
    i hope he gets an actual boss fight, not the garbage one we have right now.
    KeepComingBack
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I felt that Gelimer deserved a worse death than he got in Black Heaven. He died from an explosion, which I think is too quick. A slow, painful death would be what he deserved considering that the poison killed people very slowly.

It would have been much more fitting if he was poisoned by his own "medicine" and then begged for Xenon to end his life. I know Xenon isn't really out for revenge, but he should since Gelimer attempted to take his life away when he erased his memories and forced him to be his puppet.

._.

• PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    edited September 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I was so happy when Damien struck him down and it was great for the whole length of the rest of the Blockbuster (except the part where Damien dies and Demon Slayer carries him off) up until it's revealed this son of a female dog never fudging died. I hate Arkarium so, so much and I had dearly wished that Damien had actually killed him and I still wish he'd died.
    scholar624
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    PhoenixKumo

ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I was so happy when Damien struck him down and it was great for the whole length of the rest of the Blockbuster (except the part where Damien dies and Demon Slayer carries him off) up until it's revealed this son of a female dog never fudging died. I hate Arkarium so, so much and I had dearly wished that Damien had actually killed him and I still wish he'd died.
    This and don't forget the that Will didn't die either he escaped.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

This and don't forget the that Will didn't die either he escaped.
    Whoops, my bad. It's just been so long that I've forgotten what happened to him.
    Kerqxon
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

._.

I normally don't wish for others to suffer, but it's just that those 2 villains make it difficult to not hate them. It always felt like they were being evil just for the sake of it.
  • FoomBerryFoomBerry
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2016
    I am jumping on the Gelimer train. The story itself was fun but his death was lackluster. I would have been more content with him escaping still or barely surviving the explosion.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited September 2016
    I was fine with the way Gelimer perished, but I didn't like how comical it felt. I wanted more anguish. It didn't really satisfy me.

Also I love Arkarium, I hope he never dies. (◕‿◕✿)
    But if he has to die then I hope it's by the hands of either Black Mage or Hilla.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    KeepComingBack

I was fine with the way Gelimer perished, but I didn't like how comical it felt. I wanted more anguish. It didn't really satisfy me.

Also I love Arkarium, I hope he never dies. (◕‿◕✿)
    But if he has to die then I hope it's by the hands of either Black Mage or Hilla.
    Im also on the Gelimer Train we should of got a boss fight with him that was actually fair.