[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mega-Burning Event...too short

CoryffCoryff
Reactions: 440
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear Nexon, GMs, & Administrators:

I felt this Mega-Burning event was cut very short. Due to the amount of time that the servers were down, channels randomly cutting off, people getting logged off unexpectedly, and repeated maintenance issues does it seem very fair that it ended so quickly. Also, I thought the burning event was suppose to last until Midnight Eastern Standard time, and at 7:00 p.m. (EST), my character was no longer burning. I realize with any big updates such as the V event is going to cause some issues of random disconnection, but how are people suppose to get heir character up to 150 if all of the above actions happen?! I would like to say, Thank you for giving us the extra bonuses for the long maintenance issues, couldn't the event have lasted until the 27th?

If this is the wrong area, please feel free to tell me. As a BETA player, I will always love this game, and truly respect everything you do for the game. I just wanted to voice my concerns about an event that I feel should have lasted longer.

Sincerely,

Sarah
IGN - Coryff
Scania
DeputyDerpyxballPhantomMasterThief

Comments

• DeputyDerpyDeputyDerpy
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited December 2016
    I also agree that the Mega-Burning Event was short. A lot of the players I'm come by were disconnecting a lot, especially since it's a huge event, a lot of players are on and there isn't room to level or train in. For me, I read that the event was supposed to last until the 14th at 00:00 PST. I agree with Coryff, can the Mega-Burn event last till the 27th like the rest of the events? It would be much appreciated if you could.

I'm a Mercedes, despite that I can do more damage, it takes my character oddly a long time to level. I play on the Reboot server.
    Coryffxball
  • xballxball
    Reactions: 220
    edited December 2016
    What I find even more horrendous about this situation is the fact that the event is supposed to run until the "13'th" and it's already over. By stamping an end date on an event, the schedule dictates that the entire day would be utilized for the last day of said event. Given the lag issues at the beginning of the month...and the on going lag issues, not letting the event ride out for the entire day just adds insult to injury.
    DeputyDerpyCoryff
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Two weeks to get to 150 is ample time, even if you're starting with nothing.

If it makes you feel any better, there should be another burning event coming soon.
  • liljayyyyliljayyyy
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited December 2016
    It only takes a few hours with the burning to get to 150, I think 2 weeks is quite a bit of time.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    i find it funny not one of you have mentioned the LAG
  • azzacuraazzacura
    Reactions: 765
    edited December 2016
    liljayyyy
    liljayyyy said:

It only takes a few hours with the burning to get to 150, I think 2 weeks is quite a bit of time.
    Aggraphine

If it makes you feel any better, there should be another burning event coming soon.
    If the servers were working OK, there was enough room to train, there wasn't horrendous lagg sometimes, then yes, you could reach level 150 pretty fast. But we dealt with loads of maintenance, disconnecting/lagg due to poor servers, other players also wanting to train (so lots of channel changing/map switching), and false assumptions (I also assumed the burning would last the entire day). Add to that the fact that most of us have school/jobs/a life, and suddenly the burning project seems really really short.
    CoryffLukeKapone
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    Isn't there going to be a season 2 of the burning event coming after the patch tomorrow?
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

if it makes you feel worse, OP, I got to 160 during said 2 weeks, without burning my character, which happens to be a Jett. I only played like 20 hours a week and was late for the update by about 2-4 days and when I declined the burning event at first to get my character to the level where normal burning events would let you get past the intended level from which you burned the character at (like ending at level 102 instead of 100), I found I wasn't able to burn the character when I wanted to, but kept playing. As of now I am level 167.

Back to @Aggraphine , if it's like the one we just had, OP can't reburn his/her current character since it was said, poorly might I add, that only newly created characters can participate.
    Coryff
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Sweetheart123

i find it funny not one of you have mentioned the LAG
    The lag was definitely a factor, but I got my Xenon to 150 in the first two or three days and it's currently sitting at 192.
  • EstrayaEstraya
    Reactions: 425
    edited December 2016
    The 2x EXP didnt help either....
    the lag was pretty bad honestly.
    Coryff