[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Vote For 2x Coupons

BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
Reactions: 3,415
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
What's your preference? Have additional thoughts or suggestions on this increasingly popular idea? Post below!
  1. Would you rather...22 votes
    1. Nexon continue to hold timed 2x EXP/DROP events
       5% (1 vote)
    2. Replace the 2x timed system entirely with 2x EXP/DROP coupons to match (persist through death, D/C)
       95% (21 votes)

Comments

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    This has honestly been a suggestion for YEARS.
    BooberpuppyLair
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

This has honestly been a suggestion for YEARS.
    Sure thing, but I'd wager it's quite significantly more of a popular notion these days.
    Maryse
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited December 2016
    you know what? I'm so sick of having 3 different 2x throughout the day, I never know when the hell they happen anymore and how long they last. And to top it off, they put 4 different time zones in their announcement. There comes a point where this nonsense has to stop. I don't care about 'accommodating' players from different continents, just have 1 dang 2x for 2 hours. 2x used to be a special thing where people would login and grind more. Now it's such a common occurrence, I actively avoid 2x events like the plague. This isn't even about the lag, fix the lag, that is a given, it's just an eyesore to see what a 2x announcement looks like nowadays. Either give coupons or put it back to only 2 hours of 2x at 2-4 pm pst. And don't put any other timezone in the announcement, you have google, figure it out yourself.
    BooberpuppyBarfonwhales
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    It would be perfect if Nexon gave us the cash 2x coupon, so no worries about expiring on death or D/C, but a lady can dream..
    (given to you by the event notification of course)
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Cybunny
    Cybunny said:

It would be perfect if Nexon gave us the cash 2x coupon, so no worries about expiring on death or D/C, but a lady can dream..
    (given to you by the event notification of course)
    Then we can 2x on OUR time...and not during the laggiest time of 2xever
  • SuperboiSuperboi
    Reactions: 1,595
    edited December 2016
    I don't even want coupons. I just want to be able to play :(
    JettLuvsU
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited December 2016
    Whether it be a coupon or cash coupon, it still won't stack with ur other coupons. So instead of having 6x,8x, or even 14.4x EXP (only if ur a bishop).
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited December 2016
    I think it's a good idea.
    It's a win-win situation for both parties.
    Nexon will have less complains about servers being laggy/dcing cause everyone playing those times they make the event.
    And people can actually choose when they going to grind ... Also for people who work or whatever they do those times can now actually grind and enjoy it the same as anyone.

Although if this will ever be looked into.
    It would be nice to be able to hold it in an 'coupon box' like we have a 8-chair box etc.
    So it doesnt take your whole inventory as they do now.
    Booberpuppy
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2016
    i think they should host 2x coupons BUT definetly not for how long they currently host 2x events. make it 30minutes-1hour coupons and only 1 per event. this will make leveling much more tedious and alleviate the players on all during the 2x hours. people need to learn how to stop relying on these free 2x events. Maplestory is a grinding game it's what it is known for and back in the days you were lucky if they even hosted 2x events and they rarely did.

i like the coupon idea for the fact that they ALWAYS seem to host it on weekends. idk about you but i am never home during majority of those hours i work and im sure many other players work as well ontop of that we all don't have the same time zones. and im 2-3 hours behind PST so when those events do start i either just got home or still at work. only good thing about the time zone thing for me is that when the servers go down for maintenance it's early for me so im asleep.

i don't think this will reduce lag though the server itself is very populated even when it's not 2x on peek hours making it difficult to play because it still lags. the only time im able to play with no lag and no 2x is in the early mornings on weekdays once it starts getting into the afternoon it just slowly starts lagging and gets worse even with no 2x then it just becomes impossible to grind because monsters take forever to die and you can't really pot