[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Night Lord 5th Job skill bugged

Hydrasonic2Hydrasonic2
Reactions: 100
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
So Night Lord's 5th Job skill, Spread Throw, is supposed to have all the stars thrown be able to hit a single mob. As it is right now, Spread throw doesn't really work how it's supposed to. Only one of the 4 lines of stars thrown hit a mob.

Moderator Note:

Hello.

Please follow the Bug Reporting format via the MapleStory Bug Reporting Guidelines when posting in this subforum.

Bug type:

Brief bug summary:

More details:
(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:
(if not covered in the summary)

Character name:
Character level:
Character job:
World name:
Date and time of the incident:
(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Comments

• MassuroMassuro
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2016
    It works fine. It doesnt cause more hits to one target it hits multiple targets. If there are monsters on a platform above or below you or flying around you they'll get hit too. It doesnt work the way you think it does.
  • ShacoTheTacooShacoTheTacoo
    Reactions: 340
    edited December 2016
    Massuro
    Massuro said:

It works fine. It doesnt cause more hits to one target it hits multiple targets. If there are monsters on a platform above or below you or flying around you they'll get hit too. It doesnt work the way you think it does.
    wrong it's not even hitting more than one mob "I'm using it right now and it's just hitting one mob with one line of damage, not aoe at all .

Also when it is a single target all 4 spreads hit that one target (look at mapelsea and kms videos)

Don't post stuff you know nothing about
  • MassuroMassuro
    edited December 2016
    No need to be rude. Ive used it on cht and its worked as intended. On the note of stars focusing on one target, are you using assassins mark? You know? The skill that creates stars that home in on one(or multiple) targets. Use your brain. why would they purposely make a skill that makes 40-50 (per throw) stars attack one target? What you could possibly be seeing is assassins mark activate. no where does it say "stars that dont hit other enemies focus on one target"

If im wrong show me proof.
  • brytzbrytz
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    Massuro
    Massuro said:

No need to be rude. Ive used it on cht and its worked as intended. On the note of stars focusing on one target, are you using assassins mark? You know? The skill that creates stars that home in on one(or multiple) targets. Use your brain. why would they purposely make a skill that makes 40-50 (per throw) stars attack one target? What you could possibly be seeing is assassins mark activate. no where does it say "stars that dont hit other enemies focus on one target"

If im wrong show me proof.
    I also see the bug. In kms does not work like that. You can watch videos and do not talk about something you do not know. The extra directions count as independent hits and when it comes to a single target they fall like ShacoTheTacoo says.
    So with the skill of the mark of assassin the stars bounce and constantly attack and is not working so the extra directions of skill are not well of the throwing star barrage (5th job)
    i seen the error in some bosses like gollux and comerci booses among others please fix the error.

• MassuroMassuro
    edited December 2016
    Where on YouTube can i find it being used properly. Because from the vids ive seen so far thats not how it works. from the text of the skill, thats not how it works. I can admit im wrong but you gotta show me or Wait till the next bug report.

Show me someone using it without mark on and hitting a single monster 40 times and I'll accept it.
  • brytzbrytz
    edited December 2016
    Massuro
    Massuro said:

Where on YouTube can i find it being used properly. Because from the vids ive seen so far thats not how it works. from the text of the skill, thats not how it works. I can admit im wrong but you gotta show me or Wait till the next bug report.

Show me someone using it without mark on and hitting a single monster 40 times and I'll accept it.
    You do not have a nigth lord is correct right? Can not make judgments about the bug
    And more because it hinders the follow up of those who are investigating the problem
    I will make you see this link so that you see the error and see the problems you cause, stating that there is no error in the skill.

And do not say that the stars that come out because of the mark of assassin ability go to the mobs that are down because for these only you need a star. That is why the stars that go up and attack the last phase of gollux should be many as in the videos I will show you now of the otther bosses.
    Also if you look at the hits that the skill does not match the skill as it should draw consecutive hits on the first line as an infinite skill (such as bowmaster or wind archer)
    Now I will show you the videos that how it should work. You will see that the extra directions of the top, fall to a single boss. But in some bosses like crimson queen the extra direction of down also falls.

WaifuHimeMidnightFox
  • MidnightFoxMidnightFox
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Bug type: A skill is bugged

Brief bug summary: spread throw doesn't actually hit more than once on a single target

More details:
    It will work on multiple targets but it's supposed to work on a single target too

Steps to reproduce:
    cast spread throw and attack with quad star.

Character name:
    Obscurring

Character level:

Character job:
    Night Lord

World name:
    Reboot

1:20 AM EST
  • brytzbrytz
    edited December 2016
    Bug type: A skill is bugged

Brief bug summary: spread throw doesn't actually hit more than once on a single target

More details:
    It will work on multiple targets but it's supposed to work on a single target too.
    I enter lotus and e seen that in its first body if the skill works correctly but in the other bosses it is useless the power because it only attacks an extra address, please solve this. The nigth lord is the most popular character. Do tests with the power and you will see that this bug does not work like in kms.
    You can realize in the rebound of the skill mark off assasin is much smaller than in the videos above that are of the kms, but if they do not report the bugg maple will never solve it.
    Try any boss and compare to the first lotus body and you will realize that the skill is this bug. Compare with the videos, enter vellum and realize that the skill is wrong, because the skill mark of assassin with the skill spread throw the stars bounce in exorbitant amounts but go to a boss and not work. Be careful to see the error please

Steps to reproduce:
    cast spread throw and attack with quad star.
    But you must put the skill mark off assasin, so you can see the bug
    Character name:
    idralf

Character level:

Character job:
    Night Lord

World name:
    broa

10:00 PM EST