[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Skill] Jett 5th job "Gravity Crush" malfunction

SlatymateSlatymate
Reactions: 2,150
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Skill, functionality

Brief bug summary:
Jett 5th skill "Gravity Crush" final AoE damage doesn't increase when you and/or allies attack monsters inside the singularity.

More details:
Before explaining the bug in details, skills that affects allies are usually working too for the caster himself. I assume the skill should be also working with my own attacks to stack up final AoE damage on the explosion part of the skill "Gravity Crush".

Basically, the ending of the skill "Gravity Crush" is a major explosion, where the damage can be increased based on the damage inflicted by allies while the enemy (or multiple) is within the Singularity. From few tests, I can conclude the only thing that can increase the damage of the final AoE attack is the singularity damage itself before the detonation. Allies or your Jett character can't contribute to increase the detonation damage by attacking while ennemies are within the singularity range.

Steps to reproduce:
To replicate these steps, I recommend to use dojo straw doll to represent your enemy.

Cast "Gravity Crush" on a Jett with 5th job on a single monster. Detonate it instantly while recording it with battle analysis.

Cast "Gravity Crush" on a Jett with 5th job on a single monster. Let it detonate by itself (10 seconds) while recording the whole process with battle analysis.

Make a party. Cast "Gravity Crush" on a Jett with 5th job on a single monster. Make sure your party attacks the monster under the singularity and let the singularity detonate by itself (10 seconds) while recording the whole process with battle analysis.

Compare results (look at minimum and maximum damage on both screenshots).

Character name:
Gangsta

Character level:
Level 250

Character job:
Jett

World name:
Mardia

Date and time of the incident:
December, 19th 2016 at 17:00 PST

Comments

• BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited December 2016
    Heya. Just a quick question. How do you feel about Gravity Crush? Are you satisfied with it?
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited December 2016
    BelloPally

Heya. Just a quick question. How do you feel about Gravity Crush? Are you satisfied with it?
    The visual skill effect is great, I love it. But, the damage is ridiculously low (probably due to the bug) and it doesn't feel like a 5th job skill in term of power for a 120 seconds cooldown skill. My starline one or my hurricane can do more damage than gravity crush under 10 seconds.
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited December 2016
    Slatymate
    Slatymate said:

The visual skill effect is great, I love it. But, the damage is ridiculously low (probably due to the bug) and it doesn't feel like a 5th job skill in term of power for a 120 seconds cooldown skill. My starline one or my hurricane can do more damage than gravity crush under 10 seconds.
    My thoughts exactly. In fact, I can confidently say that it is one of the weakest 5th job skill in existence.

Since many people - including Nexon - are just completely ignorant about Jett, there's no chance that the skill will become any better... Sigh, I wish that Open Job Advancement is also available to Jett, so that we can at least escape this hopeless class...

Anyway, my sincere congratulations on becoming the first (and possibly the last) Jett to hit 250. Glad to finally meet someone who actually knows Jett.