[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Players unable to log in on specific characters

Comments

• NoSkillKidNoSkillKid
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited January 2017
    Notice how so far it's been only players above level 220 that are being reported as stuck. This definitely has something to do with the new V Matrix system.
  • MinglesMingles
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    Character: Mega / Nightlord
    World: Scania
    Level : 232
    Stuck since: January 1st
    Cause: Ccing
  • IMPDELFIMPDELF
    Reactions: 310
    edited January 2017
    NoSkillKid

Notice how so far it's been only players above level 220 that are being reported as stuck. This definitely has something to do with the new V Matrix system.

Yeah, definitely has something to do with the V Matrix System. Not the system itself but how it is interacting with the already established character data.
    EtherealM5
  • MinglesMingles
    edited January 2017
    I just tried to log in again just now, it worked.

Mega/Scania/Nightlord/232/

Stuck since January 1st

Edit* Played for about 30 minutes, and I can't log back in again after dcing at Lachelein

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    deadend5193

AKradian
    AKradian said:

@deadend5193 , if you're unable to log in to any of your characters, then your issue is not the same as everyone else's on this thread.
    Try using GameLauncher.exe to make sure you're not banned.
    --
    I don't see any messages saying that I have been banned.. Other players that posted reported similar symptoms--black screen, some high or max level nodes, and disconnect upon entering inferno den.
    --

Everyone else is reporting all those things - but only on one character. They can log on fine on all their other chars.
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited January 2017
    Just confirming that after the maintenance nothing has changed for me. My main is doing a little happy walk while my mule actually decides to play the game.

I guess this is a good thing, considering I was going to disassemble every node I had if I did somehow did manage to login. Gotta look on the bright side, I guess. ;-;
  • TamedFlareTamedFlare
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2017
    I have the same problem. cannot log into my main. I got a black screen while trying to go into the auction house. My character is "Fries" in scania and it happened at 12:30AM on Jan 4th 2017. Plz fix D: i was looking forward to resetting my inner ability on Jan 7th.
  • CSOIMPCSOIMP
    edited January 2017
    Still stuck for me as well.
  • adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited January 2017
    Still stuck after 3 weeks. Go fk yourself Nexon, go drown in blue pots.
  • RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited January 2017
    Apparently some people managed to get unstuck from the maintenance. =s guess we are the unlucky ones
  • DiaaDiaa
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    @SavageAce @OneLetter

Will there be a patch released as soon as a solution is found? Or will we have to wait until another maintenance?...
  • adgnadgn
    edited January 2017
    Diaa
    Diaa said:

@SavageAce @OneLetter

Will there be a patch released as soon as a solution is found? Or will we have to wait until another maintenance?...
    You won't get a reply by tagging bots xd
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited January 2017
    --------------------
    RyotaKisè

Apparently some people managed to get unstuck from the maintenance. =s guess we are the unlucky ones
    --------------------
    I think that was a very limited number of players - it could be that there are multiple issues floating around that are related but not quite the same.

--------------------
    Diaa
    Diaa said:

@SavageAce @OneLetter

--------------------

I seriously doubt that Nexon would release a patch as soon as a solution is found. So basically we get to just sit around and hope for the best next week, all while watching the weekend events go by without being able to participate.

This sucks.

In an unrelated note, I tried letting my character run in circles for 4.5 hours. I'm pretty sure it's not going to magically start working, so I killed it. ;-;
  • CSOIMPCSOIMP
    edited January 2017
    It's taking this long because their not actually working on it. If an actual Maplestory dev debugged this, it's going to take a few hours at most.
    Either the GMs are sprouting BS, saying they are working on it, or a non Maplestory dev is looking into this.
  • jasonxddjasonxdd
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    Diaa
    Diaa said:

@SavageAce @OneLetter

you will need to wait til they come back from their xmas vacation
  • CaravelaCaravela
    Reactions: 510
    edited January 2017
    Its been over 3 weeks since some people. I know for myself I bought a 1 month granny shop and had other time sensitive nx items. Thats like at least 30-40k nx down the drain right there. Hopefully at this point we not only get a fix, but some compensation for not only the time wasted by not being able to access our accounts, but for them wasting the money that we spent on their glitchy game.
  • adgnadgn
    edited January 2017
    CSOIMP
    CSOIMP said:

It's taking this long because their not actually working on it. If an actual Maplestory dev debugged this, it's going to take a few hours at most.
    Either the GMs are sprouting BS, saying they are working on it, or a non Maplestory dev is looking into this.
    It is true that they are not working on it but you're also overestimating incompetent devs. If any dev other than a Maplestory dev debugged this, it will be fast.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2017
    No longer able to log onto my Hero after changing channel
    Character name: Rexaar2
    Character level: 227
    Character job: Hero
    World name: Scania
    Date and time of the incident: around 9:00 PM PST

A day ago, I was not able to enter Monster life on my Hero, but my other character can perfectly fine, might be a bit related since a few years ago this happened on the same character http://maplestory.nexon.net/community/#/showthread.php?1041171-KNOWN-ISSUE-Error-Code-38

Update: I was able to re-log back onto my Hero after removing link skill attached to it so it is definitely the same problem that my Hero suffer years ago in the above link, just without the error code popping up.

Everyone try to remove all your character cards and place and monster you have in your monster life into storage and unlink all link skill attached to that character to try to be able to relog back into it.

If you do manage to log back in, empty your inventory of as much unnecessary items and try not to cc when you have too much items in your inventory (one of the main cause of specific character lockout a few years ago)
    RadiantSightAKradian
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited January 2017
    Have any of you people who got stuck brought inventory slot expansion coupons and used them after 5th job update?
    I used two use slot expansion coupons.
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited January 2017
    IMPDELF
    IMPDELF said:

NoSkillKid

Yeah, definitely has something to do with the V Matrix System. Not the system itself but how it is interacting with the already established character data.

I wonder how much stuff Nexon's servers can take........
    Most people level 218+ have unlocked 3 slots in their V matrix.

For people who could log in, did any item expire?

@Rexaar

Seems like their fix that happened 3 years ago broke and uninstalled itself after max slots in equip/use/set-up/etc/cash inventory increased
    from 96 to 128 from the 5th job patch.