[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

An Idea for Nodestones

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So, ya know Runes of Riches, Elite bosses...their little magical floaty bubble mobs (Mimics and Genie or w/e they are) Imagine if...in the 200+ maps, they have a chance of dropping nodes :D wouldn't that be awesome? That would help with the drop rate problems some people have expressed...and encourage people to do more Elite bosses together for the drops in the "Bonus" stage (and Rune of Riches)
  1. Nodes from Bonus stage on Elites/Runes of Riches?14 votes
    1. Yeah, that sounds good!
       93% (13 votes)
    2. No, we have too many nodes already.
       7% (1 vote)

Comments

• MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited January 2017
    So long as they only appear in the Arcane River area and they replace Basic Potential Stamps in the boxes, I'm OK with this.
    JettLuvsU
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    Seems like a pretty bad band-aid solution to many problems.

1. That would help with the drop rate problems some people have expressed.
    There is a rumor that there is a bug related to being in a party that effects drop rates, but other than that there really is no problem with the original drop rate of nodes.

2. Encourage people to do more Elite bosses together for the drops in the "Bonus" stage (and Rune of Riches)
    That's forced. Nobody does the bonus stage anymore because it's literal garbage ever since the purple box got changed to only dropping after the Elite dies. Does the exp or meso still give like 100-1000? lel.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2017
    @genji123 well Im saying the nodes would be in the Bonus stage, not the purple box.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited January 2017
    The question of upping the bonus stage rewards in general is a bit of a catch-22.

If you improve the meso/exp rewards from the bubbles, the botters will go to town about it, making inflation even worse.
    If you leave it as is, then yeah, the boxes > the bubbles.

I think it's wiser to add the nodestones to the box rewards (hopefully replacing the basic bonus potential stamps).
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2017
    Perhaps...just my entire idea was inspired by a Rune of Riches I set off...thinking "Man...imagine if a Node dropped..."
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited January 2017
    Would be nice if they changed Runes of Riches to just give out a 10x drop rate buff for 10 seconds tbh.