[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Record Message

ChukkiChukki
Reactions: 1,525
edited January 2017 in General Chat
How do you turn it off?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    By closing the game

I'm serious. They do this kind of crap all the time with events that you can't opt out of or turn off various irritating bits of
    JettLuvsU
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    And more lag added, meaning more disconnecting... Thanks Maple! Excellent work !! If ever I needed a reason to quit...
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited January 2017
    How would you even think that showing these stupid records to everyone everytime it changes is a good idea? Nobody cares who sat in a chair the longest or who changed their hair the most times. Just make it stop it's annoying as hell!
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Well that's Nexon for you
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    I care! The world needs to know how much of a drunk my character is!
  • YellYoshiYellYoshi
    Reactions: 710
    edited January 2017
    If it could just spam my chat and not block 25% of my screen that would be fantastic.
    Lair
  • OlueOlue
    Reactions: 645
    edited January 2017
    Really bad on Nexon's part, although I expected nothing more from them. If they want to let these record holders show off the record to the world, then at least get rid of the annoying sound and make the pop-up much smaller, or better yet just put it in chat.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    My suggestion would be that they put up a damn BOARD we can CHECK IN ON OUR OWN ACCORD!!! Announce these things with a grand broadcast of who won the ultimate ego awards at the end of the event! I'm sick of seeing these (probably mostly hackers) spammed on the front and center my screen. It's too large in the first place, too distracting, and lags me for a bit every time it pops up. Now I have yet another thing to concern myself with screwing up my boss runs.

I swear, they are doing some social experiment with this game to see how much we will put up with, and believe me, it's testing my limits for certain, what with them putting the coin event vendor in the extreme code spaghetti hall YET AGAIN, where I can not go. Grats if you can survive that place without DCing, but personally I crossed the new years coin event off my to do list already.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited January 2017
    @Booberpuppy
    I recently got a new computer and it's running a Windows 7 Pro i5 with 8GB RAM and it's smooth sailing in the Event Hall for me. Although, in Labyrinth 1, it's a bit laggy but I'm able to handle it without severe frame drops disabling me from being able to control how far my character moves.

On a related note, yes, I too dislike the lag spike the World Record announcement creates every time it pops up and I vote to implement an option to disable it the moment I log onto my character. On the bright side though, we'll only have to endure this for about 3 weeks if there is no option to disable the announcements.
    Hang tight, guise.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    @StayGold
    I admire your positive attitude about it all, but first off, I'm not changing up my computer just for this issue. I have a powerhouse beast of a machine designed for gaming already, and for whatever reason the code of that particular room just ties my frame rate up in knots and spirals in to an oblivion of lag with every passing second after entering. I'm very much not alone with that issue. They need to quit putting NPCs which are detrimental to events in that problematic room. What they did with the V coin shop was spectacular and they should have done the same for this one. There is zero reason for them not to have.

Secondly, I personally do not want to just endure the spammy messages from this nonsense world records event. It was not well thought out and it is only disruptive to other aspects of the gameplay. They need to code an option to have it shut off.