[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Event hall Lag

NoisyBoyNoisyBoy
Reactions: 1,010
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Is it only me or dose it lag and frez the game for some1 ellse when they are in the event hall ?
jkl

Comments

• ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    No, it's not just you.

A lot of people are having event hall lag as well and Nexon most likely won't be fixing it either.
  • xSokoxSoko
    Reactions: 850
    edited January 2017
    same here, I hate it, again I cannot enjoy events
  • SouloSoulo
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I honestly don't know why the put the coin shop in there knowing that the event hall lags for alot of people alot of people
  • HauntedBansheeHauntedBanshee
    Reactions: 320
    edited January 2017
    Is the coin shop anywhere else besides the event hall? I don't see one in Leafre this time.
  • TashieTashie
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited January 2017
    Sadly i don't think it's anywhere else............people have been telling Nexon of this issue for months now and they refuse to do anything about it
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    If it's in lag hall, it doesn't exist. What coin shop?
    JettLuvsU
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited January 2017
    Coin Shop? you misread it, we're not getting anything this time

JettLuvsU
  • SilentMelodySilentMelody
    Reactions: 420
    edited January 2017
    I've got the same problem. When I enter event hall, I start lagging and my screen freezes. After waiting for like 5 minutes I DC :(
    I can't even get close to the coin shop. How am I supposed to enjoy the evens like this? Missed some other events too because of the bad lagg D=
    jkl
  • QuietAvianQuietAvian
    Reactions: 325
    edited January 2017
    Only thing that I found slightly helped for event hall, was literally closing out in the hall and returning. It's that depressing of a state, when you go from 70fps down to a painful 3-5fps in event hall. I've had to check the fps for myself, to see if I was crazy in terms of the drop. Thanks Nexon for never fixing this place, and making the map so much more painful to load.

Even downgrading your quality and such has no impact, they might as well label below the sliders (We do nothing but make everything, look worse for no improvements) to admit it does little to nothing.
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited January 2017
    Some moderator can respond to this thread checking that they are aware of this issue and to move the new year's npc's out of the event hall?
    jkl
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited January 2017
    "
    Mek
    Mek said:

Some moderator can respond to this thread checking that they are aware of this issue and to move the new year's npc's out of the event hall?
    "

Yes the Event Hall Lag Issue is known and still under Investigation.

• iNatiNat
    Reactions: 1,480
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    try going in the event hall this way http://imgur.com/d7jMUYo

• OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Doesn't matter how you get in, just being in there has a repulsive lag that makes me hold up arrow key to leave instantly.
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited January 2017
    There's a rumor that NPC's that existed in the past in event halls was never actually removed.

Instead Nexon just made them invisible.

Maybe that could cause lag?
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited January 2017
    of all the stupid things nexon does, this one has to be near the top at least in recent memory, they know the issue exists, moved the mortar bunny out of the event hall once, only to put it back in again, then after all that and many many posts regarding this and with a simple fix available of just putting these nps in towns, which they have shown the ability to do (mortar bunny and last coin shop) they continually subject their players to this hardship without any justifiable reason and worse yet refuse to engage players in the discussion.. and under investigation is crap, investigate for the next 15 years for all i care, just move the npcs out of there until you figure it out
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited January 2017
    I don't lag in Event Hall.
    I replaced my 8-year old Toshiba laptop (Windows Vista Home with an Intel Pentium Processor) with a Dell Inspiron (Windows 7 Pro) running an i5 processor with 8GB RAM.
    It might be an issue with your computer (OS-related or specs) rather than the NPCs, imo..
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited January 2017
    This is pretty hilarious I think. they finally acknowledged the issue long time ago and created a temporary work around for one event like itd be so difficult to replicate with another NPC or 2.
    and after playing this game on several different computers ive noticed it depends whether your using intel or AMD. I only get this lag using amd which is more commonly found I think sadly.
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited January 2017
    Honestly It's your CPU that is causing the Event Hall lag, I'm willing to bet most of you who have event hall lag are using laptops, and it has to do with your CPU I 3 systems I have tested this with 2 laptops and 1 Desktop My HP Elitebook 8540w is running a i7 CPU has no event hall lag however my Dell Latitude is running a Intel Pentium 1.73Ghz CPU This laptop has Event hall lag. I also have a custom built Hackintosh system that has a Intel i7 4970K CPU and has no event hall lag.

Honestly one of you should start a thread and do a survey on what each persons CPU is that has event hall lag.
  • AglowAglow
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    I only lag on my main (how convenient) down to 1 fps. My other igns on same acct get 50ish fps.
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited January 2017
    regardless if it's cpu related or not, if we meet the minimal recommended requirements to play maplestory all of it should playable, even if it means less performance, either program it to address it to play on the recommended requirements or change the requirements, .. or the simplest of all fixes, move the npcs out of the event hall for the time being