[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

✓ Certain Mobs Are Impossible to Collect

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited June 2021 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Gameplay, functionality

Brief bug summary:
Certain mobs [to be specific: Reindeer in LKC, Zakum1, certain elites] are impossible to collect due to being unable to access them in game or other reasons.

More details:
The reason they are impossible to obtain:
1. Reindeer in Lion King's Castle shares a name with a mob in Mu Lung, and that is the one to get registered. An easy solution to this would be to change the name of the Lion King's Castle (and its other iterations), maybe to "White Reindeer" or something.
2. When the Zakum revamp came, the only phase of Zakum was changed to be just "Zakum". Zakum1 was the name of the first phase, and is no longer in use as of the revamp. The solution to this would be to change the name of Zakum1 to Zakum.
3. Unripe Wolfruits require an elite that has a Korean name, so it is not possible to collect it.
4. Certain elite monsters were renamed recently (for example, Seductive -> Charming), yet the elite monsters in collection still have the old name.

(And no, I'm not making a separate thread for each one. It makes sense to consolidate each one into a single thread, as they're all the same issue, just in different instances.)

Steps to reproduce: Try to hunt these mobs.

Character name: GreenGales
Character level: 222
Character job: Wind Archer
World name: Bera
Date and time of the incident: Any time you try to hunt for these mobs.
JettLuvsU

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2017
    Updated the main post, as there are a couple of new monster issues I found. Opachu is fixed now.
  • EternityMaxEternityMax
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    As someone who actually kinda-sorta cares about the Monster Collection, this has been bothering me as well. Thanks for making the post; I wanted to make one myself but was always too lazy :3