[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Changing Channels requires multiple attempts

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited August 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary: Sometimes you requires multiple attempts to change channels once while in-game.

More details: This bug has been around for months, possibly years. This bug occurs through continuous game play, the longer you play the higher the chances of reproducing this bug. It may take two or more attempts in order to change channels.

This is not a stability issue since this has been consistent through game-play regardless on server stability or latency.

Steps to reproduce: Attempt to change channels after playing the game for a certain amount of time.

Other details have been omitted as it is not required to reproduce this bug.
  1. Have you experienced that sometimes changing channels requires multiple attempts?21 votes
    1. Yes, sometimes changing channels requires multiple attempts.
       100% (21 votes)
    2. No, I am able to change channels on the first attempt.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited January 2017
    It happens anytime I pick up items, kill monsters or summon familiars. Lag doesn't help either. It doesn't even seem to be related to how long I've been playing, it's like that as soon as I log in.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2017
    Its the framework of the patches. When they cram content in the coding, the kinks that remain are the bugs that seem to annoy us the most.
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited January 2017
    This glitch has been around for like, 5 years. It's never gonna go away.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited January 2017
    @Mayetala Well it's most likely never going to get fixed if no one reports it. We got to start somewhere.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    People get sick of reporting these age-old issues and receiving either the same tired old dismissals "we're aware and looking in to it" or hearing nothing at all, Nexon's apparent apathy about certain things. Say anything about the cash shop not working for you, though, and they'll call to wake up their coders in the middle of the night for an emergency patch.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited January 2017
    @Booberpuppy If you think I'm not sick of reporting issues again, again, and again, think again. There's a reason why I took so long before bothering to report something this ancient.

Unfortunately, this isn't the proper thread to discuss those concerns. We need to focus the issue at hand.
    Booberpuppy
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    @ Its2Sharp4U Actually, I agree. wholeheartedly. Stay steadfast, my friend.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • UBreakIFixUBreakIFix
    Reactions: 340
    edited January 2017
    Is this a pressing concern or more of a "quality of life" issue?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited January 2017
    @UBreakIFix Whether this is considered "game-breaking" or not doesn't invalidate it as being a bug.

Neither is this a suggestion, because in technicality, this isn't suppose to happen in the first place. Changing Channels should normally occur within the first attempt, but that isn't the case.
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I reported about this too, here:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/27989#Comment_27989

The issue never happens in MapleSEA (and didn't happen during most time under EMS service).
  • HertzianHertzian
    Reactions: 520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Never known maplestory without this issue.. just like ''disconnected for the HACK reason'' and random ''maplestory has stopped working...''

And right now its laggy at every reset and x2. (atleast on reboot)