[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Event hall is EXTREMELY laggy

DeadlyMVIDeadlyMVI
Reactions: 200
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: LAG!!!

Brief bug summary: Title says all. For me and my friends the event hall is like 1 frame every 5 or 10 or sometimes even 20 seconds.

More details: At this very moment my friend is struggling to escape the lag of the event hall, and he has crashed 2 times.

Steps to reproduce: You go to the Dimensional portal, enter event hall, lag.

Character name: DeadlyMMIX

Character level: 126

Character job: Blaster

World name: Yellonde

Date and time of the incident: From December, to now. Today's date: 1-29-17, 6:44 EST

Comments

• DeadlyMVIDeadlyMVI
    edited January 2017
    Plz halp me
  • DeadlyMVIDeadlyMVI
    edited January 2017
    Quick edit, Friends IGN is EnzoV2, the 2 times he crashed, the game told him NGS Hacking detected. Don't ban him plz
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    DeadlyMVI wrote: »
    Quick edit, Friends IGN is EnzoV2, the 2 times he crashed, the game told him NGS Hacking detected. Don't ban him plz

NGS is only an automated hack detection. Your friend will most likely not be banned for it (hell, even I got it yesterday). Automated bans have been heard of (read: people claiming they were banned), however this is not common nor likely.
    Your friend may wish to double-check their internet connection and slow down while playing a bit, though. To check if you're actually banned, log in using the GameLauncher.exe file located in your game files; a banned user will receive a notification regarding the length and a general (I.E. non-specific) list of reasons for their ban.

Event hall lag is a known issue, but one that's difficult to pinpoint. People usually recommend you avoid the room completely. Or, if you can't afford to do that, another suggestion has been to double your virtual memory on your machine, which sounds incredibly simplistic but apparently helped at least one person.
    But it is known.
  • SaiyajinSaiyajin
    Reactions: 640
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, i just avoid the place now, even with the event shops in there. I'm just unable to do any sort of fun event that includes shops in the Event Hall.

It would be nice if they just moved any event shop, in any town. I wouldn't even care which town, as long as it's not the stupid event hall. At least with the towns, you can get to them without disconnecting or having your screen freeze from the extremely heavy lag.
  • MonavicMonavic
    Reactions: 410
    edited January 2017
    Be nice to fix this before another event ends
  • TashieTashie
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited January 2017
    So..what about the people that this is effecting? Nexon knows it's an issue but refuses to even move the NPC out of event hall; it's worked with the moon bunny ones when they had it in town..........something so simple as moving the NPC out could help the players a lot instead we're stuck with coins and unable to participate in getting any rewards from the coin shop which isn't fair to a majority of the player base -_-
    Pleinair
  • PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited January 2017
    Can this Event Hall screen freeze problem be fixed please? It has been plaguing a lot of us players at least since December. We can't use the event shop in the Event Hall so all of our hard earned event coins are being wasted time and again each new event shop season.
    Additionally, it seems like someone has pinpointed a possible cause for this issue and a possible solution already in this previously posted thread here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10146/possible-fix-for-event-hall#latest
    Maybe the devs can try that suggested fix??
    GreyHat