[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

(Archive) Freud Journal - lost chairs

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
Original title: [ITEM ISSUE] Freud Journal - 3rd Week, Weekly Goal: 8 Chair & Title bags - Lost items
Posted 10-08-2014 12:05 AM by eddiemanman

SO I decided to open my chair bag which I got from a previous event to store my chairs. I oened it and put in 7 chairs. Then I continued to complete the 3rd week weekly Goal by killing Hilla. Then, after I recieve my rewards. I check my inventory and I have two closed chair bags, even tho I have already opened one and put in seven chairs. I opened one of the chair bags, and it is empty. I tried opening the other one but It says i could have only one per character. So yea, I lost 7 chairs. Any ideas guys?

Character Name: Priestlyness
Character Level: 209
Character Job: Bishop
World: Windia
Time: October 8, 12:30 AM
Chairs Lost in 8 Chair Bag: Pink Zakum chair, Giant PinkBean Cushion, Amoria Love seat, Red round chair, Dragon (Abyss) Chair, Cake Chair, I cant remember my 7th chair.
I received my old chair bag from the previous event that gave out eight chair bag as reward (I dont remember name of event)

Second Ticket Sent By Me: Thank you for responding to my previous ticket (2129444). While we do greatly appreciate the maple point compensation, we still would all rather have our chairs back, even if it will take some time. I speak not only for myself, but for all who have had their chairs or titles taken. On behalf of the friends in my buddy list who have experienced the same issue, I urge you to keep working on recovering all lost titles and chairs. Thank you very much.

Response from GM Mertsul: Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support. I appreciate you reporting this information. However, after checking your account records, our system indicates this account has already been compensated. As such I will be unable to provide you with additional compensation for this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience. Have a nice day.

1. I HAVE NOT ASKED FOR COMPENSATION, BUT RETURN WHAT WAS OURS. OUR CHAIRS.
2. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY MAPLE POINTS OR COMPENSATION WHATSOEVER.
3. I SIMPLY ASKED FOR THEM TO CONTINUE TO TRY TO RECOVER ITEMS.

Update: It has now been a whole week, or 5 business days (not including thanksgiving) and I still have not received any of my chairs back, or compensation (maple points) as promised. Man nexon cmon..

Update: I contacted Live Support just couple mins ago (Oct 16)and I have finally received a 25k maple point compensation. Although it isnt much and it will in no way shape or form compensated for any of the lost event chairs, I'm just glad to see there are some real GMs out there. SHOUTOUT TO GM CYNDNET, IF YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME FOR COMPENSATION, I RECOMMEND TALKING TO LIVE ASSISTANCE AND TRY TO GET GM CYNDNET. Oh, and bad news, he also told me once an item is lost, it will most likely not be coming back to our accounts.
NOTE:

To those experiencing this issue, please follow the Bug Reporting Guidelines, and post your issue in this thread. You can also edit your post if you already did made a post in this thread.

Please make sure to provide which character you are experiencing this issue with (include IGN, level, job/class, and world). Make sure to include the details of how and when you lost the items (either chairs, titles, or both). List the chairs and/or titles that you lost, if you can remember them. Include as well whether you have the 8 Chair Bag and/or 8 Title Holder before obtaining these rewards from [Freud's Journal] Arnello's Weekly Goal - 3rd Week event. If you can recall, where/when did you get your 8 Chair Bag and/or 8 Title Holder items (not the one from this event)?

Last edited by eddiemanman; 10-16-2014 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Added a note.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Original title: Lost an Entire Chair Bag from a Quest
    Posted on: 10-08-2014 04:06 AM by scientistB

Bug type: Lost Items

Brief bug summary:
    Upon completing the 3rd week quest for Freud's Ring, I received an eight-slot chair bag. I already had one. When I checked my inventory, both of them were closed. I opened my original one, to find that all eight of my chairs had disappeared. Shortly after, my second (closed) bag had disappeared too.

More details:
    There were a good number of chairs that I will be unable to replace, such as the unique Evan's chair from a job-specific quest. Also, I had submitted a ticket, but it was closed and I was told that it is my responsibility as the player to be aware of prompts in-game that affect items, characters, and quests. But I was also told that, if I believe this was a bug or glitch, to post about it on the bug forum.
    I do believe this is a bug that should be looked into.

Steps to reproduce:
    If you have an already-open chair bag and finish the 3rd week quest for Freud's Ring, you should get the bugged chair bags.

Character name: scientistBE
    Character level: 203
    Character job: Evan
    World name: Scania
    Date and time of the incident: Approximately 4:00 AM Eastern time, on October 8th, 2014.

I'm aware that there's next to nothing that can be done about this, but I have seen several other people with the same problem, and I'm hoping that this can be fixed somehow. Especially since I've had those chairs for over a year and they are irreplaceable by now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Original title: Help
    Posted on 10-08-2014 05:00 PM by xBizcuit

I got a 8 chair bag and used it and put a couple of my more expensive chairs in it...and the Bag disappeared along with my chairs. Could you please somehow check to see where it went? because i believe the bag might be glitched. I had the bag when i logged out yesterday. Today i was unable to find it after i completed my week weekly Goal by killing Hilla. could you please look into my account and get my bag with my chairs back. All the chairs in the bag are irreplaceable...****ke the Giant Ducky one and the Giant watermelon one. I hope that this can be fixed soon.

Character name: xBizcuit
    Character lvl: 204
    Character Job: Mercedes
    World Name: Broa
    and this incident Happened October 8th 2014.

And the steps to reproduced:

If you have an already-open chair bag and finish the 3rd week quest for Freud's Ring, you should get the bugged chair bags.

It does NOT work

I heard that some ppl wrote a ticket and received maple points.
    I really really want the chairs back...no amount of maple points will help me get my Giant Ducky Chair back because its not in Gach. I would really appreciate it if somehow you guys can retrieve my chairs back

Chairs that were in my chair bag that was replaced with an empty chair bag:
    Watermelon Bowl Chair
    Giant Ducky Chair
    Chewing Panda Chair
    Amorian Love Seat
    Mini Shinsoo Chair
    and two more I cant recall...

Last edited by xBizcuit; 10-10-2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: more details
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    10-08-2014 05:32 PM #4
    PsychopompSentinel

The same thing happened with my 8 Title Holder Bag! I didn't even prompt anything, I just finished the quest, and while I received a new chair bag (which thankfully I didn't use one prior) and a new title bag, I still had my old one but it was suddenly empty! There was literally no way to stop the items from disappearing. There goes my Veteran Hunter title that I wanted to have for when the Butterflyholic title disappears...wouldn't be so bad if this butterfly title was permanent, but go figure...

Character Name: OphiuchusAsc
    Character Job: Aran
    Character Level: 185
    World: Nova

Last edited by PsychopompSentinel; 10-13-2014 at 03:02 AM.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    10-08-2014 11:32 PM #5
    ARS00

Bug type: Lost Items

The same thing happened to me too, I lost 8 chairs in my bags along with my RED title.

Brief bug summary:
    Upon completing the 3rd week quest for Freud's Ring, I received an eight-slot chair bag. I already had one. When I checked my inventory, both of them were closed. I opened my original one, to find that all eight of my chairs had disappeared.
    Character name: Samus1024
    Character lvl: 166
    Character Job: Aran
    World Name: Bera
    and this incident Happened October 8th 2014.

And the steps to reproduced:

Everytime you talked to Arnello about this quest, he said there's something wrong, and you cannot complete the quest, along giving out the glitched bags, along with the chairs and the titles along with it

http://puu.sh/c5gLg/9ed9c8146a.jpg

A picture for the problem.

The RED title helps me a lot, and the chairs meant a lot to me, and I'm sure to all players too. Please look into this problem. It might become problematic to other players also trying to complete these quests. Before I got chair bags, the most it does is that it won't open and it's only allowed on one character only. Never had I saw the reward is replacing the existing one.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    10-09-2014 03:26 AM #6
    Hol

This has also happened to me. I already had a used 8-slot title holder in my inventory which was full of titles. I then finished the ring quest and got given a new title holder and when I used it, my old 8 titles disappeared. :/

Character name: xHollie
    Character level: 210
    Character job: Bishop
    World name: Windia
    Date and time of the incident: Approximately 6:00 AM PST, on October 8th, 2014.

Items I have definitely lost:
    Silent crusade titles

Last edited by Hol; 10-30-2014 at 04:37 AM.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    10-09-2014 06:21 AM #7
    xBizcuit

wow...So i did a ticket yesterday... and the response i got was this..

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

I understand that you want your bag and chairs back. I understand how you feel since I am a fellow gamer myself. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

Unfortunately I am unable to give you your lost items back, however I would be giving you a compensation in a form of MaplePoints. You should receive the compensation within 24-72 hours. Please be advised that the said compensation value will depend on the intensity and severity of the issue, thus will be a one time basis only and will be based on our investigation team's discretion since there is no definitive way to prove a missing item.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Sincerely,

GM Oldeti
    Nexon America, Inc.

How do you even begin to replace something with maple points when the item is irreplaceable...Is it really impossible to get my chairs back? I have proof that i had the chair because I have a short cut key for my Giant Ducky chair... and I can post a screen shot up. Currently the value of the ducky chair is probably at 4bil and climbing because no one else is selling their chair. My watermelon chair is at 2bil and climbing...that is 6bil itself. I am not even including all the other missing ones. I had hope for a better resolution for this problem. I have friends who have lost their chairs and the chairs that were lost were no importance to them....in fact they were "HAPPY" to be rid of the chairs. and received 50k in maple pts. But I have no desire for maple pts. All I want are my chairs that were glitched by the quest and basically stolen from me by an error in the programming.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    10-09-2014 11:03 AM #8
    Hol
    Originally posted by xBizcuit
    wow...So i did a ticket yesterday... and the response i got was this..

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

I understand that you want your bag and chairs back. I understand how you feel since I am a fellow gamer myself. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

Unfortunately I am unable to give you your lost items back, however I would be giving you a compensation in a form of MaplePoints. You should receive the compensation within 24-72 hours. Please be advised that the said compensation value will depend on the intensity and severity of the issue, thus will be a one time basis only and will be based on our investigation team's discretion since there is no definitive way to prove a missing item.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Sincerely,

GM Oldeti
    Nexon America, Inc.
    I sent a ticket and the GM just told me to keep an eye out on the maplestory homepage. I didn't even get any maplepoints! I know maplepoints isn't what you want but I wish the GM's would be more consistant in their response with people who have the exact same issue.

Last edited by Hol; 10-09-2014 at 11:06 AM.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    10-09-2014 08:14 PM #9
    jisho

Much like everyone else, I had completed the said event quest and had my current eight-chair bag replaced with a new unused eight-chair bag. I'm just looking to get those chairs back as there were event only chairs which cannot be received again. Thank you

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Original title: Major Bug in Eight Chair Bag
    Originally posted on 10-10-2014 03:19 PM by DracoRevived

Lost eight of my chairs which I deemed valuable to me "DUE TO A MAJOR BUG."

Character Name: DracoRevived
    Character Level: 140
    Character Job: Thunder Breaker
    World: Zenith
    Time: October 10, Time: 1100-1500 Pacific Time

I went to due Boss quest Hilla and completed [Freud's Journal] 3RD weekly advancement and got the keyboard basic attack lettering; however, when i switched to from my Thunder Breaker to Corsair and back to my Thunder Breaker i noticed two sealed, Eight Chair Bags, so I decided to open the one which i knew had the chairs. Although, the bag was closed, for it being my first having an Eight Chair Bag, i thought it was just closed and i had to re-open it. So i did and i found an empty bag with no chairs. So my, HornTail Chair, Yeti Chair, Saturn Chair, Tropical Cooler Chair, Devil Black Dog Throne, Dragon Chair(Abyss), Giant Power Elixir Chair, and an Eighth chair that I don't remember what it is, BUT THE POINT IS, THEY'RE ALL GONE.

P.S: I read that Nexon was giving compensations for the loss and can't replace those specific items so if this is true then i'm no longer a customer for Nexon i'll simply just play the game because it took more than just 50 measly Gachapon tickets and well over a year to acquire those items. A compensation to "Replace" Items that are really rare to get in the first place is not Worth in my mind because my chances are slim to none if i'll even acquire all eight through this "compensation."

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Not going to post the rest of the 5-page thread. Suffice it to say that the chairs were never restored.

screenshot of the last two posts in the thread:
    PdEcnJU.jpg