[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Quest] Is Stolen Child 1 Broken?

DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
Reactions: 1,435
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2017 in General Chat
I'd completely forgotten about this quest chain until I accidentally clicked on the Recommended button - the green part - and it popped up. So...I'm supposed to buy a hat or something with the Black Wings logo on it so I can get into the mine, right? I've talked to every NPC and vendor in Edelstein, but none of them is selling the item I need.

Am I crazy and just missing something totally obvious, or is the NPC really not there?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Speak with NPC Stephan in Road to the Mine 1, he'll sell you his hat for 100,000 mesos.

Also check your lightbulb quests just in case there's a quest from him. But it most certainly is Stephan that you buy the hat from.
  • AppleChanceryAppleChancery
    Reactions: 1,180
    edited January 2017
    You don't have to buy the hat; there's a secret elevator to the mines located in the fox map.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    You don't have to buy the hat; there's a secret elevator to the mines located in the fox map.

You have to activate that elevator from the inside before you can use it, if I'm not mistaken.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

You have to activate that elevator from the inside before you can use it, if I'm not mistaken.

You don't.
    There's just a level requirement to use it. I don't remember the exact level, but it's higher than 60, since I couldn't use the elevator to get in the mine for the Resistance 3rd job advancement quest.
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Found it, thanks! However, the gatekeeper at the mine (Bunny Large?) wouldn't let me in, even with the hat, so I just teleported directly to Le Tierre. Problem solved. :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Found it, thanks! However, the gatekeeper at the mine (Bunny Large?) wouldn't let me in, even with the hat, so I just teleported directly to Le Tierre. Problem solved. :)

That's odd. Did you wear the hat, or just have it in inventory?
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

That's odd. Did you wear the hat, or just have it in inventory?

Both.