[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Harvesting and mining lag

darikdarik
Reactions: 3,270
edited February 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary: When pressing the key to harvest, sometimes you dont actually harvest the herb or vein

More details:
When u get near an herb, for example in ardentmill, and you press the key to harvest, the character starts to harvest and when its time for lets say the herb to drop, it doesnt drop and you have to press harvest again and wait again in order to actually drop the original herb, it also applies to veins, sometimes u have to repeat the process even 3 times in orther to get 1 ore on 1 herb from vein or an herb. It doesnt happen always so you have to try a few times to notice it.

Character name: Arkhust, but pretty much happens the same with any character play with.

Character level: 205

Character job: Kaiser

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: I started to notice it the 28-1-2017 , but i think its a bug that has been ocurring for a long time but no one reported it.

Please fix it soon,
Thank you,
Mapler.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    It's been that way since the professions system was introduced.
    Many people complained.
    Nexon either didn't respond or told us it was "working as intended."
    But good luck with your Bug Report, maybe this time it will be taken seriously.
  • EternityMaxEternityMax
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited February 2017
    AKradian pretty much summed it all up. When professions came out, I thought this bug would be fixed on the same day, seeing as professions were quite a huge new thing back then. Boy, how naive I was.

Ay Nexon. If you fix this bug, I'll give you a cookie. I promise. Just please fix it, it's not very fun to farm 500 Empathy daily under these conditions T.T
    Tanya
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited February 2017
    This is the bug I have wanted fixed the most for so long... Nexon pls don't ignore this time XD
    Having to try harvesting each vein/herb 2 - 7 extra times gets super tedious! Especially now that Evo lab cores don't exist... harvesting remains the only way to realistically farm ingredients for crafting, and it is frustrating to do when it is broken.

I second giving you a cookie if you fix this, Nexon. You will receive many cookies.
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I'd rather have harvesting lag than constant game crashes. Just my personal opinion. :P
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited February 2017
    I'd rather have harvesting lag than constant game crashes. Just my personal opinion. :P
    Id love not to have game crashes nor lag when harvesting. Its not about having one thing or another, is about fixing the problems that maplestory have, all of them, even the smallest one makes the playing experience unpleasant and not willing to spend any money on the game because of it.

• OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Just letting all of you know, Harvesting and Mining are vulnerable to Memory/DLL corruption: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/151/memory-dll-corruption/p1
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    Just letting all of you know, Harvesting and Mining are vulnerable to Memory/DLL corruption: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/151/memory-dll-corruption/p1

When that happens, you are not able to harvest anything no matter how many times you try.
    The issue described in this thread is when you have to try two (or more) times, but eventually the harvesting does complete.