[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Known Issue - Nexon Game Security (NGS) Errors

SaygoSaygo
Reactions: 825
Administrator, Nexon
edited February 2017 in Announcements
Hi Maplers,

We are aware of the Nexon Game Security (NGS) errors that many players have been receiving since today’s February 1st game update. We understand that this error is causing players to disconnect from the game intermittently.

This error was caused due to a mismatch with a file provided with the game update and the current NGS version. We are currently working on a resolution for those players who have not yet updated their MapleStory client to v181.

If you have updated your MapleStory client to v181 already, please download the BlackCipher files here and follow the instructions to replace them in your client. After replacing the files and restarting your client, the NGS update error will be resolved.

If you still encounter errors after following the above steps, please send a support ticket through our Customer Support Center here.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We will provide further updates as they become available.

Thank you for your patience while we continue to look into this issue.

-The MapleStory Team

Comments

• alumpyrockalumpyrock
    Reactions: 1,135
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    downloaded the blackcipher got in game then crashed and tried to download blackcipher but didnt help and can't get into game, i have submitted a ticket
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017
    Does this include the issue as to why the channels wont appear in world selection? as in is NGS the reason why that happens?
    TheKilzalumpyrock
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    No, that's a different issue. login is broken and they haven't acknowledged it yet.
    NarpsTheKilz
  • Deadb4smileDeadb4smile
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2017
    Logs in fine, but when I select my world, aka scania , it just highlights it and freezes,. Been like this for 3 hours.
  • mileswhittsmileswhitts
    Reactions: 255
    edited February 2017
    Logs in fine, but when I select my world, aka scania , it just highlights it and freezes,. Been like this for 3 hours.

Yeah that's exactly what's happening to me, too.

• TheKilzTheKilz
    Reactions: 865
    edited February 2017
    yup iv made a post 3 hours ago (still now support from nexon)
  • MystrieMystrie
    edited February 2017
    I downloaded the new version of Black Cipher as instructed. Still getting the C++ runtime error. Cant even make it to world selection.
  • alumpyrockalumpyrock
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    still can't get into game, and haven't heard word from nexon, I can get to world select but can't see channels or anything just sits there
    TheKilz
  • myyybaadmyyybaad
    edited February 2017
    What about fixing the "Trainer's Command" quest that gives you the skill to equip multiple pets. There are quite a few people who are experiencing this glitch. People are wasting NX to buy a "pet snack" not knowing it might not work for them. Why don't you guys announce that?
  • Deadb4smileDeadb4smile
    edited February 2017
    -_- now it's just force closing when I choose my character ...