[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Known Instability Issues - 2/1

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    So the game was somewhat playable before the maintenance yesterday (Ok lots of crashing but we could play) Now it's unplayable lag. Good work Nexon keep it up!
  • FlareyuFlareyu
    Reactions: 455
    edited February 2017
    If Nexon did some crowdfunding for server stability, then they would probably reach their goal in a heartbeat. Your player base really wants the game to work.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//20569/

[Update #1] We are currently still investigating the below issues players are having. We believe we may have found a possible solution and our developers are working on the fixes now. We will provide more updates as soon as we have them.
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    Reactions: 1,625
    edited February 2017
    @Saygo Reboot is struggling VERY badly right now cannot use ANY skills/change channels or use hyper stones or ANYTHING my character is STUCK at Blackgate entrance :( No rollback pls and also emergency maintance would be nice right now to FIX this
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    edited February 2017
    it nice to see nexon try to fix this i hope it be soon i can not log in reboot right now
  • TheOnexDTheOnexD
    Reactions: 270
    edited February 2017
    Even if you can log in , I don't think you can even play this game with the lag.

I'm impressed how garbage Nexon is to manage to f*** up every Minor Patch/Update/Maintenance.

And never able to fix their own problems. Every patch Nexon addressed that they will fix it but what happened? its just a prank fam =)
    I get it it might be hard to fix the lag fast but its been months. You don't see other games lag for a month right?

This is not even call playing the game anymore. Legit lag everyday for the past month. Can you even call this a game anymore?

The funny thing is instead of fixing the lag, Nexon just keep adding new Events to the game even more. What a genius.

hehexd
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Nexon wrote: »
    [Update #2] We have completed all the related fixes to these issues and are in the process of testing them. Once we verify the fixes, we plan to have an unscheduled game update maintenance to apply these fixes to the live environment. As compensation for the prolonged issues, we plan to award all players:

Six 1-hour 2x EXP Coupons (7 day)
    Six 1-hour 2x Drop Coupons (7 day)
    50 New Year's Coin
    One Storm Growth Potion
    Two Special Medal of Honor items
    One day of Attendance Event credit
    48 Hour Cash Item extension immediately following the upcoming maintenance.
    These will be awarded during the upcoming maintenance.

We will provide more updates as soon as we have them.

I must say that's some very nice compensation for less than 24 hours of downtime.*
    I do hope the items can be claimed individually.

But mostly I hope the fixes really do work and the game becomes playable. Or at least as playable as it was two days ago.

Edited 6:54 AM PST: Then again, it's going to be more than 24 hours of downtime. Just how much more? We have to wait and see.
  • TheOnexDTheOnexD
    edited February 2017
    wgaf about compensation? LOL

Just fix the trash server
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nexon wrote: »
    [Update #2] We have completed all the related fixes to these issues and are in the process of testing them. Once we verify the fixes, we plan to have an unscheduled game update maintenance to apply these fixes to the live environment. As compensation for the prolonged issues, we plan to award all players:

Six 1-hour 2x EXP Coupons (7 day)
    Six 1-hour 2x Drop Coupons (7 day)
    50 New Year's Coin
    One Storm Growth Potion
    Two Special Medal of Honor items
    One day of Attendance Event credit
    48 Hour Cash Item extension immediately following the upcoming maintenance.
    These will be awarded during the upcoming maintenance.

We will provide more updates as soon as we have them.

I must say that's some very nice compensation for less than 24 hours of downtime.
    I do hope the items can be claimed individually.

But mostly I hope the fixes really do work and the game becomes playable. Or at least as playable as it was two days ago.

Holy cow, that sure beats 20 power elixirs and a handful of spell traces lol. Especially considering I had no issues at all on any of my pcs today...

• whywontyouworkwhywontyouwork
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2017
    #1 fix the event hall lag
    #2 It's what caused mine to have the problem
  • JinTheHeroJinTheHero
    Reactions: 430
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    JinTheHero wrote: »
    Can we please get an update on when they'll fix the run time error? Why don't we have a server maintainence? I'm surprised we still haven't had one since this patch that pretty much messed everything up. The run time error doesn't even let you play, so it's not fair that other people get to play. x_x
    ty

To fix the Runtime Error, install DirectX:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

• TheOnexDTheOnexD
    edited February 2017
    #1 fix the event hall lag
    #2 It's what caused mine to have the problem

No1 cares about your greedy self lol

we talking about the whole server right here

DoctorFrost
  • DeemiuDeemiu
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    plz just get a maintenance xd.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited February 2017
    im having a Runtime error, after the nexon security system check it says that theres a run time error, what should i do?
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    edited February 2017
    just wait to nexon fix it that all u can do i be try to get on ms all day but no luck i think i just gone to give up to they fix it
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    darik wrote: »
    im having a Runtime error, after the nexon security system check it says that theres a run time error, what should i do?

Download and install DirectX:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
  • SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    glad it is being looked into :D im happy with the compensation
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Update: in-game scrolling notice says the maintenance will start at 9AM PST (an hour from now)

Edit: web notice too, now: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//20570/
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    edited February 2017
    about time i was gone to give up today on ms but now i see they fix it now that will good :)
  • darkaxel045darkaxel045
    Reactions: 420
    edited February 2017
    I still can't log into my world. Anyone else?
    LuzealOverloadd