[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

In-Game Clock

SorrowSorrow
Reactions: 2,780
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Would adding an in-game clock benefit you as a player?
  1. Would adding an in-game clock be viable?50 votes
    1. Yes
       88% (44 votes)
    2. No
       12% (6 votes)

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I would love an in-game clock as part of the UI instead of just at shipyards. Preferrably a 24-hour clock, since that seems to be how events seem to be timed and it can be a pain to convert sometimes. For the Water Wars double point thingy, I tend to get the time way off lol. 18:00 - 20:00 hmm... AH! So 8:00 to 10:00! *at 8:00* WHADDYA MEAN DOUBLE POINTS JUST ENDED?!
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, especially if it followed the server and not the computer like some other games do,
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

Yeah, especially if it followed the server and not the computer like some other games do,
    That can go either way.
    Depends on whether you want the clock in order to know "How much longer 'til 2x?" or "Do I have time for another Magnus attempt before I have to go to my piano lesson?"
    I think that, if we get a clock (and we should, it's a useful thing), we should be allowed to choose whether it will show server time or local time.

Also, I'd like to see timestamps in the chat window.
    Sometimes I come back from afk and see that someone said something, and have no idea whether that was just now or too long ago to respond to.
    Timestamps in the chat window will also help validate screenshots and videos.
    GreenSoap1
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited September 2016
    I'd love a in-game server clock. Right now I just added a pacific time clock to my taskbar to check the difference and it works fine, but I usually forget to check it for events and other time-restrained quests in game.
    Timestamps in the chat window is something I'd want to be able to toggle on or off though...
  • FawnFawn
    Reactions: 820
    edited September 2016
    I've wanted this for years! I live in Europe so it's always a huge pain to figure out when things are supposed to happen. There are certain quests you can only do during such and such hours, and I find it confusing that maintenance notes always show pacific and eastern times when I have no relationship to either time zone. I feel like this is even more relevant now with the EU migration coming up.
  • RawRaw
    Reactions: 515
    edited September 2016
    I suggest you guys play windowed mode, which you can achieve by pressing Alt + Enter. I believe if you want a 24 hour clock, you can also mess with computer settings in order to get your PC to tell you 24 hour time. I know that this is not what you guys asked for, and I agree it would be helpful. I am just presenting an idea that may help you in the meantime, or if they decide to not make an in-game clock, for the foreseeable future. Hope this helps.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    BUT WHERE WOULD WE PUT IT?
    MegaScience
  • 1ThaoPow1ThaoPow
    Reactions: 500
    edited September 2016
    How about next to user's name/job down in bottom left corner? :D
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

WHY DON'T WE TAKE THE REWARD POINT UI

AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE
    AKradianGimoNiightseekerMegaScience1ThaoPowFunimation01Its2Sharp4USkyTheDestroyerKingofFurriesChowand 1 other.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

KThxBaiNao

i lol'ed irl
  • KurtKurt
    Reactions: 1,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

KThxBaiNao

This.. so much this!
    To answer the question though, there should be an option to make it visible/not and free to drag to any spot on the screen. While we're at it, do the same with the rewards UI.
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited September 2016
    if only
    we had
    in-game
    clocks
    to look at
    JettLuvsU
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    Because everyone wants to traipse off to the nearest intercontinental station to figure out what time it is at Nexon.
    SpiritofMir
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

Because everyone wants to traipse off to the nearest intercontinental station to figure out what time it is at Nexon.
    just like everyone wants even more screen clutter when it's just as easy to google "current time pacific"
    JettLuvsU
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    xparasite9

Aggraphine

just like everyone wants even more screen clutter when it's just as easy to google "current time pacific"
    It wouldn't be screen clutter if they worked it into a portion of the already-existing UI that's mostly voidspace.
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

xparasite9

Aggraphine

It wouldn't be screen clutter if they worked it into a portion of the already-existing UI that's mostly voidspace.
    looks pretty used to me. where's the voidspace?
    it would have to be one of those floating bubble windows like the soul weapon stuff, the mini-map/maple guide/ quick move, the class-special stuff, and it would always pop up on login, and players would be forced to close it every time *if* they were lucky to even have that option.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    xparasite9

Aggraphine

xparasite9

Aggraphine

looks pretty used to me. where's the voidspace?
    it would have to be one of those floating bubble windows like the soul weapon stuff, the mini-map/maple guide/ quick move, the class-special stuff, and it would always pop up on login, and players would be forced to close it every time *if* they were lucky to even have that option.
    Cut the EXP bar's length by ~50% and put it there. And it doesn't need to be "one of those floating bubble windows". It can very well be a simple, but easily-visible text clock.

Perhaps, though, it would be best to temporarily shelve this suggestion. Revisit it once we have the 5th job update and new UI.
  • SpiritofMirSpiritofMir
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited September 2016
    Remember this?
    This could be the location of the clock. It used to be the echo megaphone and could be a great spot for a PST clock.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    SpiritofMir

Remember this?
    This could be the location of the clock. It used to be the echo megaphone and could be a great spot for a PST clock.
    Fixed that for ya, bud. Imgur's HTML link doesn't work apparently.

Anyway, if it could be made like 30% the size of that, and not in the middle of the bottom of the screen, it could work.
    SpiritofMir
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

:50