[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Changing character DC

darikdarik
Reactions: 3,270
edited January 2017 in Tech Support
Hello Nexon,
Everytime i try to change character when selecting the key change character, i get Disconnected from the game.
PLEASE fix this as soon as possible, i have to wait around 10-30mins to play again maple with another character, is very frustrating, please fix it.
Thank you.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Bug type: Stability

Brief bug summary: When attempting to change character, the client often exits entirely.

More details: When clicking the "Change Character" option in the menu in the game, I am supposed to return to the login window, but often, the client closes and I get the "maintenance, firewall, or IP ban" error message (but relaunching the client works, so there is no actual network issue).

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Launch the client and log in to a character.
    2. Select the "Change Character" option in the Settings (gear) menu at the bottom of the screen.
    3. Observe that the client window flashes a distorted map and then closes, and an error dialog pops up.
    4. Note that this does not happen every time, so you may have to attempt it several times until you see the error occur.
    darikPirateIzzy
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2017
    Having this issue as well. Don't know if I need to reproduce the bug report template as the one above covers it perfectly.
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited February 2017
    I can confirm this issue happens to me as well.

Bug type: Stability/Login

World: Scania
    IGN: It doesn't matter, happens to all of my characters
    Date/Time of Occurrence: Very often, I began to really notice it around the middle of January
    Brief bug summary: When attempting to change character, the client often exits entirely.

More details: When clicking the "Change Character" option in the menu in the game, I am supposed to return to the login window, but often, the client closes and I get the "maintenance, firewall, or IP ban" error message (but relaunching the client works, so there is no actual network issue).

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Launch the client and log in to a character.
    2. Select the "Change Character" option in the Settings (gear) menu at the bottom of the screen.
    3. Observe that the client window flashes a distorted map and then closes, and an error dialog pops up.
    4. Note that this does not happen every time, so you may have to attempt it several times until you see the error occur.
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited February 2017
    I am having the same issue for at least 2 months. It's just so annoying and not getting fixed...
  • DiamondSkyyDiamondSkyy
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited February 2017
    Same here. It's so annoying to constantly have to relaunch game when trying to do Zakum runs on all of my characters for potions.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    This is still happening as of v183.5