[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Slot Coupons dont work ( GMS Luna )

NekohimesamaNekohimesama
Reactions: 505
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
I've bought many character slot coupons from V coin shops after the migration.

None of them worked.

Now I got another 2 character slot coupons from the event, ofc they won't work either , right ?

Btw, I've only 6 characters. SIX characters, it's not "FULL".

Anyone here has the same problem ??? Or is it just me?!

Moderator Note:

Hello.

Please follow the Bug Reporting format via the MapleStory Bug Reporting Guidelines when posting in this subforum.

Bug type:

Brief bug summary:

More details:
(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:
(if not covered in the summary)

Character name:
Character level:
Character job:
World name:
Date and time of the incident:
(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug type: Character Slot Counpons dont work

Brief bug summary:
I've used many character slot coupons obtained from V Coin Shop, 200 V coins each. None of them worked.
At the moment I have just 6 character slots occupied. It's not "FULL".

And I got another 2 character slot coupons from the new event. I didnt click on them yet. Will them work this time ??? Whats wrong with my account ?!

Character name: 1ren4Away4
Character level: 206
Character job: Arch mage ( Lightning Ice )
World name: Luna ( GMS european region )
Date and time of the incident: January 20th, 2017
Time zone: UTC+01:00

Comments

• NekohimesamaNekohimesama
    edited January 2017
    Bug type: Character Slot Counpons dont work

Brief bug summary:
    I've used many character slot coupons obtained from V Coin Shop, 200 V coins each. None of them worked.
    At the moment I have just 6 character slots occupied. It's not "FULL".

And I got another 2 character slot coupons from the new event. I didnt click on them yet. Will them work this time ??? Whats wrong with my account ?!

Character name: 1ren4Away4
    Character level: 206
    Character job: Arch mage ( Lightning Ice )
    World name: Luna ( GMS european region )
    Date and time of the incident: January 20th, 2017
    Time zone: UTC+01:00
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Not completely sure, but some ppl say it a bit for the slot expansion to apply, did you check again?
    edited January 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Not completely sure, but some ppl say it a bit for the slot expansion to apply, did you check again?

Thanks for comment C:

Yes, I checked, used 1 coupon several days ago. This time, a NPC appeared and said my character slots already reached the max limit.
    So I still only have 6 slots now :'C

Btw, I've sent a ticket. But nothing happened. They replied me like this :
    Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

I understand that your character slot coupon did not work. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of this issue and our developers are currently looking into it. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you an estimated time as to when this issue will be resolved. Since this is already been looked into, please understand that we are unable to provide you compensation at the moment. Rest assured that we are doing our best to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

hmmm... FML ?

• OneLastTimeOneLastTime
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 2017
    Bug type: Character Slot Expansion Counpons dont work

Brief bug summary: many character slot coupons have been used but non of them worked

More details: I currently have 6 characters. I used 7-8 coupons from the previous events including hot-week event, v-shop,... non of them worked for me. I received a message stated that i succeeded in expanding my character slots but when I tried to relog, no slot was given.

The most recent coupon said I reached the maximum amount of slots ( which is not true since i only have 6 slots in total) watch the video!
    This issue has been around for months and still no solution from NX after sending several tickets.
    Below is the video as a sample

Character name: Brokenstar

Character level:222

Character job: nightlord

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 29/1/2017 7:30 am CET
  • NoCuddles4UNoCuddles4U
    edited January 2017

Yes, I had a similar issue with an inventory expansion slot. It took me a few minutes in order for a Reboot expansion slot bought from Leafre General Store to expand my storage slots, and I felt sorta as if I dodged a bullet.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017

Yes, I had a similar issue with an inventory expansion slot. It took me a few minutes in order for a Reboot expansion slot bought from Leafre General Store to expand my storage slots, and I felt sorta as if I dodged a bullet.

It is only storage expansion that can take some time (up to a few hours) to register.
    Inventory and character slot expansions are always immediate, as far as I know.
    edited January 2017
    Bug type: Character Slot Expansion Counpons dont work

Brief bug summary: many character slot coupons have been used but non of them worked

More details: I currently have 6 characters. I used 7-8 coupons from the previous events including hot-week event, v-shop,... non of them worked for me. I received a message stated that i succeeded in expanding my character slots but when I tried to relog, no slot was given.

The most recent coupon said I reached the maximum amount of slots ( which is not true since i only have 6 slots in total) watch the video!
    This issue has been around for months and still no solution from NX after sending several tickets.
    Below is the video as a sample

Character name: Brokenstar

Character level:222

Character job: nightlord

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 29/1/2017 7:30 am CET

SAME !!!!!!!!! T_T
  • OneLastTimeOneLastTime
    edited February 2017
    bump.
    Can any mods here confirm to be aware of the bug and forward it to NX? This issue has been around for months and still no information at all.
    Currently there is the sale off for character slot exansion coupon in the Cash Shop but when I took a risk to buy 1, an error showed up and I got kicked out of the cash shop.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    bump.
    Can any mods here confirm to be aware of the bug and forward it to NX? This issue has been around for months and still no information at all.

Yes, the information was forwarded last week, so Nexon should be aware.
  • SammieySammiey
    Reactions: 510
    edited February 2017
    I also got this same bug, reported to nexon but they haven't done anything about it yet. Wanted to create more characters for the maplewood event/other events/link skills, since i had a few days off i could lvl new chars. But they reply really slowly and just keep saying they are looking into it or forwarding it to another department..
  • SammieySammiey
    edited February 2017
    bump.
    Currently there is the sale off for character slot exansion coupon in the Cash Shop but when I took a risk to buy 1, an error showed up and I got kicked out of the cash shop.

I had the same error, they said it was related to my account , said my account had to be 3-4 weeks old, and then closed it. I reopened the ticket saying that was stupid since my account is atleast 2 years old (used to play before, only had 1 char, restarted again after the migration) and i have been able to buy other cash items. But the discounted one is out of the shop now, just making us excited for nothing with these discounted items.

• OneLastTimeOneLastTime
    edited February 2017
    Sammiey wrote: »

I had the same error, they said it was related to my account , said my account had to be 3-4 weeks old, and then closed it. I reopened the ticket saying that was stupid since my account is atleast 2 years old (used to play before, only had 1 char, restarted again after the migration) and i have been able to buy other cash items. But the discounted one is out of the shop now, just making us excited for nothing with these discounted items.
    I am experiencing the worst customer service from NX. Games are full of bugs while GMs and mods take those issues slightly. The way they answered made me think they just copy and paste from an automatic reply without actually giving any possible solutions. None!

People like us are losing advantages on the ongoing events. Others player are able to make dozen of mules for those maplehood watch event while I am stuck with 6 chars only and my main is the only explorer class among my mules. And do you know whats suck even more? I am willing to delete one of my mule just for 1 available slot yet I have to wait 1 day for that character to be actually gone. Yeah 1 day for 1 slot which I don't even know whether or not I can use it to create a new character and beside, this event only lasts for 1 day.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited February 2017
    This was an issue in EMS, if mods need any further info I can help :)
  • SammieySammiey
    edited February 2017
    Okhura we are playing on Luna (GMS ) so i don't get what you mean with your comment that this 'was' an issue in EMS. Since we are playing on GMS and it is still an issue...
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited February 2017
    Not sure if this works for other servers, but this works on Reboot: Whenever you want to redeem more than 1 character slot expansion, Change channel and then use the 2nd one. There is an issue trying to use more than 1 character slot expansion while on the same channel. If you Change channel, it works right away. If you have more than 3 slots, you can also go back to previous channel (ex. Ch7 -> Ch.8 -> Ch7) and it'll work. Hope this works for you!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    TsukiBaka wrote: »
    Not sure if this works for other servers, but this works on Reboot: Whenever you want to redeem more than 1 character slot expansion, Change channel and then use the 2nd one. There is an issue trying to use more than 1 character slot expansion while on the same channel. If you Change channel, it works right away. If you have more than 3 slots, you can also go back to previous channel (ex. Ch7 -> Ch.8 -> Ch7) and it'll work. Hope this works for you!

For these people on Luna, even the first slot expansion doesn't work.
    edited February 2017
    used another 1 , didnt work again -sigh-
    edited February 2017
    OMG it fixed !!!!! TYVM NX :D !
  • SammieySammiey
    edited February 2017
    Well, seems like i can make new character(s) now, not sure how many slots have opened from the cards i have used. Still anoying they don't update the ticket though saying that it is fixed. Also couldn't purchase the discounted character slot coupons from the cash shop, but they just closed my ticket saying they didnt see an error...worst customer support i have ever seen. Glad i can make new characters now though.