[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

{COMPLETE} Scheduled Maintenance - Feb 9, 2017

OneLetterOneLetter
Reactions: 6,380
edited February 2017 in Vault
We will be performing a scheduled minor patch on Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 7:00 AM PST (10:00 AM EST / 4:00 PM CET / 2:00 AM AEDT). We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 3 hours, concluding around 10:00 AM PST (1:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM CET / 5:00 AM AEDT).

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

Thursday, February 9, 2017
- PST: 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- EST: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- CET: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- AEDT: 2:00 AM – 5:00 AM (Feb. 10)

What will be unavailable:

- All MapleStory game servers.

Changes and Updates:

- MapleStory will be updated to v.182.2.0.
- Compensation for the stability issues after the February 2 game update will be distributed. Please claim your gifts by clicking the gift box icon on the left side of the screen before 11:59 PM PST on February 19, 2017.
- Players in Reboot world who purchased Double V Packs that had expired items will be given a replacement of the item that they lost. Please claim your reward by clicking the gift box icon on the left side of the screen before 11:59 PM PST on February 24, 2017.
- Please note that the gift box system only holds 15 items. If you are missing any rewards, please collect any existing rewards and log out and back in to receive the rest of the rewards.
- The Dimensional Mirror will now correctly display all locations.
- Holding the Up or Down arrow keys in the Dimensional Mirror UI will no longer cause the UI to break.
- Guild SP rewards for the Flag Race will be properly distributed.
- The NPC Maple Administrator will properly give players an Arcane Symbol if the option to recover an Arcane Symbol is selected.
- The Chinese New Year Coin Shop will be extended, and will now end at 4:00 PM PST on February 19, 2017.
- The Gachapon list will be updated to apply the February 8 Cash Shop Update.
- Several years ago, the MapleStory game team introduced a Non-Player Character (NPC) named Donald. To avoid any misunderstanding, we have decided to replace Donald with a new NPC with the same functionality. The new character will appear on March 1 during our game update. Moving forward, we will strive to keep Maple World a politically neutral environment for all of our players.
- A hack which allows players to skip to the last act of the Black Heaven content has been blocked.
- A hack which allows players to cause other players' Jaguars to attack with random skills has been blocked.
- The Damage % stat from the Choco Power! buff has been reduced from 50% to 20%.
- Using the Choco-Neutralizer Implant to reach Lv. 250 Choco Power will no longer instantly cause the Choco Frenzy stun effect.
NeospectorJettLuvsUOverloaddgrass

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017
    Any spoliers on what the compensation rewards may be?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Extending the Chinese New Year Coin Shop is nice. If you would take it out of Lag Hall it would be even nicer.
    RainbowGalchaoscauserLilyflowerIvangoldRereKittyIsAUNarps
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited February 2017

Here's a wild guess:

2x coupons, CNY coins, maybe some safety charms? If you're expecting NX, don't get your hopes too high

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Finally fix for evan link and dragon rider pq, oh wait.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

Evan link skill has been fixed for several weeks now.
    You need to log into your Evan first, and then your other characters will be able to see the link.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »

Here's a wild guess:

2x coupons, CNY coins, maybe some safety charms? If you're expecting NX, don't get your hopes too high
    Theyve never given nx in gms so me hoping for that would be illogical, obviously, id be asking so i know which character to accept it on. Even if it is just coupons, some characters have more utilities for them.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Theyve never given nx in gms so me hoping for that would be illogical, obviously, id be asking so i know which character to accept it on. Even if it is just coupons, some characters have more utilities for them.

You can look at the items in the giftbox notifier before claiming them.
    I don't think they'll put all the items in a single box, since that requires coding a new game item. But if for some reason they do, you just have to wait a few minutes after servers-up for someone to post the contents on the box on the forums or the subreddit.
    (All that said, I have no idea why they won't list the compensation in the notice. Maybe they'd rather not leave an official record of what it was, for whatever reason.)
  • UksuUksu
    Reactions: 1,540
    edited February 2017
    This update came in bad time and there was not any warnings in game.

I was playing Monster Park with full buffs and 2x exp.

I was playing Spirit Valley 200lv-209lv.

I am level 185.

I was just entering last area until I got disconnect due this update.

RIP level up exp.
  • PhantomErevePhantomEreve
    Reactions: 1,105
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Uksu wrote: »

I am level 185.

RIP level up exp.

2x EXP does not apply in monster park and Chocolate Buff is permanent so you didn't lose out on much.
  • CobainCobain
    Reactions: 780
    edited February 2017
    Uksu wrote: »

I am level 185.

RIP level up exp.

There was a warning in chat at 5 am CST and every half hour after that. I saw it and knew it was coming... was also dissapointed because I have nothing to do until the game comes back up. lol
    JettLuvsUKittyIsAUxSoko
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

You need to log into your Evan first, and then your other characters will be able to see the link.

What..... why did they not announce this?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

What..... why did they not announce this?

Maybe they considered it too minor to justify a line in the maintenance notice. (Unlike some typos)
    Or maybe they didn't even know it got fixed. It just happened as randomly as it broke, as a result of merging code from KMS/JMS/CMS.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited February 2017
    Maintenance for MapleStory has concluded as of 9:58 AM. Thanks everyone and enjoy the game!
    JettLuvsU
  • AaryaAarya
    Reactions: 690
    edited February 2017
    OneLetter wrote: »
    Maintenance for MapleStory has concluded as of 9:58 AM. Thanks everyone and enjoy the game!

You forgot to open the launcher again xD

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    OneLetter wrote: »
    - The Damage % stat from the Choco Power! buff has been reduced from 50% to 20%.

Awww.
  • NarpsNarps
    Reactions: 540
    edited February 2017
    "Completed"