[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Non-carpal tunnel classes ?

Drakeos99Drakeos99
Reactions: 1,625
edited February 2017 in General Chat
What class would you recommend beside lumi/evan's would be good for someone who wants to avoid capal tunnel/rsi and yet very strong on mobbbing and bossing (easier time for bossing ?) and also fun to 210+ ?

Comments

• Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited February 2017
    Such as Battle Mage and such so wondering what would be easier class for my poor hand and doesn't want to GET RSI/Capal Tunnel :(
  • YellYoshiYellYoshi
    Reactions: 710
    edited February 2017
    Archer classes are a class that come to mind. You could also try Shade since they have all passive skills (so no rebuffing) and they are quite tanky.
  • CobainCobain
    Reactions: 780
    edited February 2017
    You can hold the keys down too for the most part. If you want a really easy class, that you rarely have to let go of the attack key, try Aran or Phantom. Phantom is really nice because you can attack continuously and use pots while attacking.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    Cobain wrote: »
    You can hold the keys down too for the most part. If you want a really easy class, that you rarely have to let go of the attack key, try Aran or Phantom. Phantom is really nice because you can attack continuously and use pots while attacking.

Aran is worse than Battle Mage for mashing keys repeatedly. Aran's skills gain extra effects or hit harder when done through key commands rather than a hotkey.

Phantom is nice, but its damage output fluctuates wildly on the whims of Nexon, either through modifying how much of a reduction in effect stolen skills have, or by modifying other classes which in turn affect Phantom. Needs hella funding to get any sort of respectable output. I'd recommend avoiding unless you're balls-to-the-wall into this.

Also OP, if you're trying to avoid things that will give you RSI before too long, stay as far as you can away from Thunder Breakers. Just trust me. It's an enjoyable class but your hands won't be having fun about an hour in. Honestly you might want to try a bowman class. They're a little squishy, but their main bossing skill in 4th job is a keydown skill; Hurricane(Bowmaster), Ishtar's Ring(Mercedes), Song of Heaven(Wind Archer), Wild Arrow Blast(Wild Hunter), all of them can simply be held down to attack, with the benefit of being able to move and jump around while attacking(except for Wind Archer unfortunately).
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited February 2017
    Guess Shade it is :)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    Drakeos99 wrote: »
    Guess Shade it is :)

A very good choice, very little in the way of button mashing on the level of Battle Mage, but damage output leaves a lot to be desired. You'll be mostly dependent on the potentials of your items to increase your range.

Has no buffs save for Maple Warrior, Spirit Bond Max(150 hyper) and Heroic Memories(200 hyper), so that's definitely a plus. Everything else is passives, so you won't need to waste precious time rebuffing if/when you die in a boss. Beginner-tab passive that gives 100% stance and permanent 20% damage reduction(meaning if pre-revamp Zakum hit you with its 1hp/1mp attack, you'd keep 20% of your HP instead of going down to 1). Has a passive in third job that gives you a free pass on dying once every half hour(plus deals damage to nearby mobs when it triggers), and its link skill gives you a 10% chance to avoid death independent of the aforementioned third-job passive. Plus Shade is pretty tanky on top of all that.

Another bonus is the 170 hyper, Spirit Incarnation, makes you invincible for its duration. Very helpful in situations like, say, Pink Bean spawning Mini Beans while using damage reflect, you use it when you hear PB's whistle, and you hit all of the minis before their weapon cancel triggers, while also not taking reflected damage from hitting PB.

Backstep is very helpful too, as it effectively cancels skill animations. Very helpful for Gollux.

All in all, as someone who's mained Shade for a bit over two years, I hope you have a great time with the class.
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited February 2017
    Awesome thank you <3 but RIP 202 Battle Mage with good gear on reboot lol
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017

I've recently moved on to a Night Lord, so RIP 217 Shade with okay gear ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »

I've recently moved on to a Night Lord, so RIP 217 Shade with okay gear ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh is NL better than Shade ?

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Oh is NL better than Shade ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Just after two years I find myself enjoying Shade less and less.