[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

VIDEO: Login Crashes

MayetalaMayetala
Reactions: 1,520
edited February 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Login
World: Login
IGN: Doesn't matter, happens to all of my characters
Date/Time of Occurrence: Repeated instances, especially after the v.180 update
Steps to reproduce: Log into the game using the Game Launcher [see attached video]

VIDEO:

Video description copied here:

Recorded the afternoon of February 8th, 2017, in sequential attempts.

Task manager is open to verify the crashes.

Keep in mind, the nature of these crashes is absolutely random. I just happened to get 4 in a row, and I am not kidding whenever I say that this happened to me 3 more times before I decided to boot up my screen recorder.

However, sometimes, whenever I perform the actions performed in this video (particularly in attempts 3 and 4), I successfully log into the game. These aren't necessarily "I can't log in" glitches. These are "will I log in, or will it crash" problems.

(Obviously, the parts that disclose my account information are trimmed out as seamless as I could get it to be.)

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    the issue has something to do with how the game loads data on start up; from what I hear, you can make it to log in screen if you let the game load on the Region select for up to the 300~350mb (if it loads beyond that it can crash) then dont log in or select a server until the game has reached 600mb and then after that you should be home free.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    the issue has something to do with how the game loads data on start up; from what I hear, you can make it to log in screen if you let the game load on the Region select for up to the 300~350mb (if it loads beyond that it can crash) then dont log in or select a server until the game has reached 600mb and then after that you should be home free.
    Youre correct doctor, thats the differential. Id concur. Hard disk drives shouldnt have a problem as much as solid state drives.
  • ImAdventurerImAdventurer
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    This happens to me, too - exactly as in the video!!!
    It didn't happen at EMS v.117 and below.

I'm afraid that I have reported about these game crashes but nothing was done to better fix it.
    It's even worser than how it was!!

New crash type issue by logining in to Luna ch1
    imgur.com/a/5q2ef
    Nd6cNw3.gif

Client closed for me after entering into a character, too.

Please put attention!!!

Thank you
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I found that some of the crash issues are due to NGS (Nexon Game Security) tool.
    Other crash issues are due to lack of loading screen when game data is in loading progress.
    Need a loading screen like this:
    imgur.com/iGd0n3t
    iGd0n3t.jpg
    However, it's impossible to play without it.
    I believe nexon should fix this tool or replace it with another tool such as XignCode (was used by the Europe Service) and there were never client crashes there when the XignCode security tool was used.
    PhantomMasterThief
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

This didn't happen to me when people first initially had this issue.

However since the past few patches I eventually came across this issue too, and now I have to use this method.
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited February 2017
    More than two weeks later, and logging into this game is still a science project.
  • FringeGMSFringeGMS
    Reactions: 460
    edited February 2017
    I am experiencing this bug as well and have been for weeks.