[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Launching the game from Steam after March?

PleinairPleinair
Reactions: 1,320
edited February 2018 in Tech Support
Hello I have a question, would we still be able to launch the game from Steam after the GameLauncher discontinuation on March?
I'm not sure since the news announcement about this doesn't specify the fate of Steam launching after the discontinuation of the direct launcher method.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    Steam will remain unaffected. It's not a simple process to get your game listed on there, much less removed. They would've specified in the news post if it was going to be stopped.
  • PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Steam will remain unaffected. It's not a simple process to get your game listed on there, much less removed. They would've specified in the news post if it was going to be stopped.
    I hope you're right Aggraphine, since the Nexon Launcher doesn't work on my computer, which leaves the Steam launcher as my last working method to start the game, and I do know it's also true for a lot of other players as well with the same limitation.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    If you read the posting,

"The majority of our players are already using Nexon Launcher, and by discontinuing the older systems including direct launch"

I've underlined and bolded the specific section. We might see the Steam launcher removed.

Maybe in the future, but definitely not at the same time.
    This particular notice's title and contents talk only about the direct launch option.
    I'm sure they'd have said so if Steam launch were being removed as well, and given rewards to people switching from Steam, too.