[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Known Issues After 2/16 Maintenance

OneLetterOneLetter
Reactions: 6,380
edited February 2017 in Vault
Hi Maplers,

We are aware that some players are experiencing issues after today's maintenance. These issues include:

• Players unable to use portals
  • Players unable to use skills
  • Hotkeys not functioning
  • Players unable to enter the Cash Shop
  • Players unable to click on specific UI elements
  • Players unable to equip or unequip items

We are currently investigating these issues and will provide updates as soon as we have them.

We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing. Thanks for your patience.

-The MapleStory Team

Comments

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    If this doesn't prove that Nexon does not check their maintenance after they are complete, then idk what does. Except for people who just log on and afk, those are ALL things that almost EVERY player does. Did any GM or whatever monkey works there check their inventory, or skills, or equips, or enter a different map, or enter the cash shop??? Clearly they do not play this game. This is unbelievable. This is like getting spit right in the face and then have to hear an apology for it.
    LilyflowergolddiaNebulousViperYakudleNarpsYaranzoBellamazed
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Are you aware that players have already figured out the cause for these issues (rings with summons; possibly certain summoning skills as well) and a workaround (going to FM or to Ursus and unequipping sylph, angelic blessing, or lightning god rings)?

Please post the workaround and also instruct your live chat GMs to talk people through it (as in, "Here's how you go to FM when you can't enter portals"), instead of just telling people, "wait for the fix."
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited February 2017
    I hope this means my report about my account's characters being stuck will be looked into as well. It may or may not be related to these issues; I only experienced the stuckness after logging off a character that was affected by the unable to interact thing.

edit:
    Yep, after the USC, i'm still stuck. My issue wasn't addressed and the ticket was closed.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited February 2017
    wow this is horrible all this issues effect after maintenance nexon fix the important stuff don't just stand there and do nothing without skills or portals that player needs is just ugh... down in the drain!*facepalm* also a note: dont lie to the players cause that's just sad! be honest tell the players what's going on and what needs to be fixed and so on.
    edited February 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    also a note: dont lie to the players cause that's just sad! be honest tell the players what's going on and what needs to be fixed and so on.

Nexon cannot stop lying. They also lie through omission ALL the time.
  • DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited February 2017
    pls add to these issues that the 5th job summons for kanna can not be summoned anymore
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Please also add that Wild Hunters cannot use Summon Jaguar skill. ;_;
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    Literally unplayable, there better be a fix soon.

FhNcOyp.png
    AKradian wrote: »
    Are you aware that players have already figured out the cause for these issues (rings with summons; possibly certain summoning skills as well) and a workaround (going to FM or to Ursus and unequipping sylph, angelic blessing, or lightning god rings)?

Please post the workaround and also instruct your live chat GMs to talk people through it (as in, "Here's how you go to FM when you can't enter portals"), instead of just telling people, "wait for the fix."

The community suffers so much from the poor quality of service when issues like this arise. I honestly believe this should be common sense, but then again we know nothing about their inner workings. I've never felt this screwed over because of a Ring functionality being skewered with:

- Certain Ring effect temporarily disables skill use
    - Allow hiding Sylph Ring effect

How this type of bug managed to get into the live servers... honestly I'm lacking words now.
    Bahamut_XBellamazed
  • DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited February 2017
    guess they better plan to extend the red leaf high event with all these major issues going on =)
    golddiaLordRedNarps
  • PlaySpencerPlaySpencer
    Reactions: 735
    edited February 2017
    Ok I'll post something else

Incompetent the definition is : not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully.

Editing post because you disagree is irritating. Insulting or not the thread says, issues after maintenance meaning they didn't successfully complete the task since they broke things while "fixing". Also, lately every maintenance is the same way. Incompetent is exactly what this is. Don't want to hear it? Why not have get someone to show the necessary skills to do something successfully. So I can they they are competent.
    Bellamazed
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Chinchilla.

Since your post is going to be a single word, I changed it to something significantly less insulting. Thank you, have a nice day.
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited February 2017
    Chinchilla.
    and to make my comment more understandable, the post i quoted was "incompetent"

yes that's the prevailing theme at nexon these days, it's like you are now shocked when things do work and its probably just completely accidental when it does happen, it's quite obvious they do zero testing on their patches at this point and are completely clueless or more likely unwilling to spend the money required when it comes ot addressing the stability and lag issues, but it's hopeless and we'd be better off standing in the forest screaming at a tree then trying to get nexon's attention or hope anything changes. One random example at nexon at it's finest... players complain for weeks about the event hall lag, they finally move the npc and coin shop out of the event hall for a week, only to then put them all back in there again while players continue to tell them they cant access it, and the best we get is a 6 year on going investigation that is obviously either not happening or being done by someone that is uttely clueless
    Bahamut_XPlaySpencerNebulousViper
    edited February 2017
    Chinchilla.
    and to make my comment more understandable, the post i quoted was "incompetent"

yes that's the prevailing theme at nexon these days, it's like you are now shocked when things do work and its probably just completely accidental when it does happen, it's quite obvious they do zero testing on their patches at this point and are completely clueless or more likely unwilling to spend the money required when it comes ot addressing the stability and lag issues, but it's hopeless and we'd be better off standing in the forest screaming at a tree then trying to get nexon's attention or hope anything changes. One random example at nexon at it's finest... players complain for weeks about the event hall lag, they finally move the npc and coin shop out of the event hall for a week, only to then put them all back in there again while players continue to tell them they cant access it, and the best we get is a 6 year on going investigation that is obviously either not happening or being done by someone that is uttely clueless

Yup! Basically. But God forbid the Fangblade NPC is broken and needs an emergency fix.
    PlaySpencer
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Dancemon wrote: »
    guess they better plan to extend the red leaf high event with all these major issues going on =)

Extend it till they remove the npc out of lag hall....
  • ColdkilaColdkila
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2017
    I would like to add another issue people been having and that's the Follow the lead Skill not appearing after people completed the quest
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited February 2017
    Hey there's like a lot of stability issues today - like since 5 hours prior to this post I was logged in and playing happily. Now it keeps giving the "cannot connect" error thing every 5-20 min
  • NebulousViperNebulousViper
    Reactions: 940
    edited March 2017
    Honestly, I find all of these latest "Wait for the fix" posts even more amusing given how I can't even get into MapleStory in the first place. Always kicked out when I try to select region, select world, or select channel, and then the good ol "MapleStory stopped working" message pops up. I haven't been able to access MS ever since the V update was launched. Everything worked perfectly fine on my old laptop before this update even happened. All of a sudden, it just crashes over and over. Even trying to play on a brand new laptop doesn't help. And before someone asks if I'm using Windows 10, my answer is yes, HOWEVER, MapleStory has been working fine with my Windows 10 laptop until the V update occurred. It stopped working properly ever since.

This has been a problem since... what... December for me? I honestly thought it was just me, but as it turns out, I'm not the only one experiencing this issue either. Good to know that not only are some of us not able to get into the game, there's been maintenance after maintenance for every problem even as we're not able to play (*sarcasm*). Makes me wonder which I would rather have: a game with serious problems as I'm playing and getting numerous maintenance that probably fixes one problem but causes another and then rinse, repeat? Or not being able to play at all and getting no explanation for it?

When is THIS (http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/5275/maplestory-has-stopped-working-issue/p1) going to be fixed or even acknowledged? Some of us are quite convinced it's probably a really bad patch or something went seriously wrong when V was launched. Every time someone pitches in a possible fix, it doesn't work for all of us. :/ I'm getting very tired of seeing "Known issues" and getting slightly hopeful that maybe the issue with some of us NOT being able to get in would be put up. It honestly makes me feel like our problem is NOT acknowledged or is NOT important. :/ Players should never have to feel that way about a game. The fact that people can't play at all should be raising eyebrows. At least acknowledge that players can't even get in at certain points since logging in. Put up something saying you KNOW the problem exists even if it can't be fixed right away for those of us who deserve an explanation as to why we can't get in. This is bad communication.

And then on TOP of the issue with players not being able to get in at all, you have all these problems for the players who CAN get in? I know these things aren't the easiest things in the world to fix, but please, this is bad for everyone. Bad for the players, bad for the companies and teams, bad for the game.
    JettLuvsU
  • YuuzenYuuzen
    Reactions: 905
    edited February 2017
    Known Issues After 2/16 Maintenance... The entire game.
    JettLuvsUNebulousViper
  • OthidistOthidist
    Reactions: 685
    edited February 2017
    I have been having login issues. I haven't had any Event Hall issues myself, but the lag there has affected me through the other players I am with who wish to participate with me. I could play any old game just to kill time. I play this game with friends, so this issue affects me regardless of whether or not its direct. Multiply me by all the other players in my boat and this becomes more than just a problem for a [few] people. Some input by Nexon would be greatly appreciated :D
  • JunqlerLOLxDJunqlerLOLxD
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    USB Headsets on maplestory are being disconnected and reconnnected repeatedly when playing maplestory, since friggin december and they still haven't fixed this problem, shows that they probably just don't care about it anymore...
This discussion has been closed.