[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thinking of making a perma beginner

LearisLearis
Reactions: 710
edited February 2017 in General Chat
Is it possible to continually improve your equipment as a perma beginner to where you can continue to solo? Or does there come a point where it's impossible to progress without leaching if you make a perma beginner? I'm open to making a noblesse or legend if they can progress further.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I don't know much about perma-beginners, but I have a buddy whose perma-beginner is over 170 and is still training on its own. So it's possible to get pretty far.
  • SilverswornSilversworn
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited February 2017
    Keep in mind they can't enter Arcane River because it requires 5th job. Losing access to Arcane Symbols and another source of EXP would be a massive blow to your progress.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited February 2017
    I'd say that if you do plan on going that route, it's better to do a perma-Citizen because of the perks they have over Beginners (potion recovery buff and Hide).
    JettLuvsU
  • LearisLearis
    Reactions: 710
    edited February 2017
    Okay another question: will I go farther if I make one on reboot or a regular server? If a regular server is the case, could someone recommend one? I live on the US east coast if that makes a difference.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    You'd get much farther in a regular server.

The lack of trading in Reboot greatly limits the gear you're able to get. As a beginner you want to aim for sweetwater set, since that is the only high-level high-stat set that isn't class-restricted, but even if beginners can do the quests (I'm not entirely certain), the drop rate is pretty horrible and it can take forever to get your set.
    Also, beginners can't learn professions, which are a lot more important in Reboot than in normal servers.

• Wimble_NefronWimble_Nefron
    Reactions: 625
    edited July 2017
    Perm Starters are a lot of fun. I have a Lv 184 Perm Beginner. It's a STR-based non-leecher and was made around 4-5 years ago doing ALL quests that were available while collecting a zoo of familiars. Granted I allowed myself to fuse equips on another character and made sure to get high W.ATK/HP/STR% (in THAT order) potentials. For a while, I had stuff like Lv 11 shirt, Camo Pants, Blue Bamboo hat, Sneakers, Stolen Fence, and a Lollipop. As time went on, more options became viable. Nexon introduced higher level Common equips as well as converting some Cash Shop items into real equips. You'd see items like Event weapons (Roses, Surfboards, etc), Unwelcomed Guest STR Dagger, Meso Ranger armor, Violet Snowshoes, Mechanical Gloves, and Commerci/Sweetwater armor. Nexon also recently changed up some of the rewards you'd get from doing the Masteria quests in New Leaf City which granted access to getting Stirgeman gear, Antellion Miter, Infinity Circlet, Stormcaster Gloves, Facestompers, Crimson Arcglaive, and much more.
    Currently, the set-up I have on my starters is SW armor (hat/glove/boot/overall/cape), VIP STR Dagger, Black Pheonix Shield/Ereve Brilliance, Hieizan quest accessory set (Lv 140 belt/ring/shoulder), Silent Crusade ring, Ephenia's Ring, Silver Blossom Ring, Silver Earrings, Boss Arena Emblem, Condensed Power Crystal, Aquatic Letter Eye Accessory, and an android with a heart. I haven't gotten around to getting Superior Gollux accessories yet, so don't cross them off the list of viables.

P.S: I'm gonna let you in on two little secrets.
    1) At Lv 112+, go to New Leaf City. After completing a particular string of quests, you are granted access to a sort of repeatable quest that gives 1mil EXP. It entails collecting items to create a piece of Bosshunter armor, which can be sold for a lot. I recommend going to Youtube and checking out ChroniusNightmare's channel. Bosshunter creation is episode 1 and the pre-quests is episode 3 (for some reason).
    2) At 140, a quest will become available to you called 'Regards, Takeda Shingen'. This quest is what gave me the Hieizan accessory set. After completing all of the quests, you will have access to a bossing dungeon called 'Princess No's Alter Ego'. It can be done with ANY class. You can enter it 7 times a day to get 207.2mil EXP (sometimes double that amount due to the maps having Burning Field).
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited April 2018
    I made a Beginner guide, check it out. Non-Leeching Perma Beginner Type Class Guide
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited April 2018
    NOOOOOOOO! STOP NOW! If too many people make a perma beginner Nexon is gonna come up with a way to reward your efforts with something awsome that everyone will want to have. then everyone will be forced to make a perma beginner and level it for that big prize that will make your main more powerful like a link or something but strong. *crys at the thought to have to level even more chars more than i already am. I just want to play my main but my main must be powerful thus i have to grind legion till i get the most power out of it b4 i can go back to having just plain ol fun on my main =(
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited April 2018
    *crys at the thought to have to level even more chars more than i already am. I just want to play my main but my main must be powerful thus i have to grind legion till i get the most power out of it b4 i can go back to having just plain ol fun on my main =(

OMG, this has nothing to do with the topic and for that I apologize, but you have voiced my feelings exactly! @_@ I'm so sick of making characters even from classes I don't like or want to play, just because "I SHOULD" make them so my main can do anything useful anymore... T_T

OK. Feel free to ignore me, so we don't derail this conversation entirely, but... I had to say I feel the same way. *sobs* T_T

• GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    I have one perm beginner and it isn't easy. I noticed theme dungeons are a big no-no early on, unless you are super strong. Random good equips that are classless do drop, but most are in the higher level areas. I suggest doing fetch quests instead of bosses because bosses on a non-leecher perm beginner are a no-no unless you have the right equips and str to battle.

It is super challenging and you will have to make major adjustments to your training spots (Your perm beginner for example would not be able to train at level 120 where your other classes can)

I also recommend a lot of mesos, because you are going to loose a lot of HP training your little one.

If you like to challenge yourself, and limit your range, than try a perm beginner. Who knows, maybe sometime down the road Nexon will grant special equips or perks for making a classless wonder. (=