[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Night Walker skill Shadow Spear causes disconnect

KnofbathKnofbath
Reactions: 740
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary: Night Walker 5th job skill Shadow Spear causes frequent disconnections.

More details: Having too many Shadow Spears active seems to cause disconnections. I was willing to chalk it up to lag/overpopulation for the weekend, but was still having issues on Sunday morning when server population was about half of prime time. This issue is different than the "GM disconnect for hack" reason.

Steps to reproduce:
1. 5th Job Night Walker with Shadow Spear skill.
2. Find a nice map with high mob density. (FWT: Upper Stem Crossroad, Black Heaven: Deck 1)
3. Activate Shadow Bat, Shadow Illusion, Shadow Spear, and start attacking with Quintuple Star.
4. You should get plenty of Shadow Spears going from the bats and by directly attacking mobs, then it seems to hit critical mass and dumps you to Title with a disconnection message.

Character name: KnofbathCygn
Character level: 218
Character job: Night Walker
World name: Reboot
Date and time of the incident: 12/18/2016 at 10am EST.

Comments

• KnofbathKnofbath
    edited December 2016
    Keeps happening. The servers shouldn't be laggy at this time of day. I'm also not using Shadow Spark, Shadow Stitch, or Dominion.

More details:
    http://i.imgur.com/wCR8fWu.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/nvY8uqG.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Iy4ddNl.jpg

Character name: KnofbathCygn
    Character level: 218
    Character job: Night Walker
    World name: Reboot
    Date and time of the incident: 12/19/2016 at 1:45pm EST
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    edited December 2016
    This issue has not been resolved as of the 12/21/2016 maintenance.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Knofbath
    Knofbath said:

This issue has not been resolved as of the 12/21/2016 maintenance.
    Weird, cause I can use full buff combo (Shadow Bat+Shadow Illusion+Throw Bosoter+Domion+everything else) in DIPQ and most maps and get massive lag, but don't dc. Only time it's caused dc for me is in the Extinction Zone maps.
  • MDanieIsMDanieIs
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    Its been happening to me too. As Knofbath said, seems to be an issue with the shadow spears skill.

Every time I use Shadow Illusion and Shadow Spear together I d/c when there is a larger than usual number spear attacks. Which happens every time when using Shadow Illusion and Shadow Spear at the same time.

When using Shadow Spear alone, I d/c around 5-6 times out of 10 depending on the map mob density and pure luck.

It's annoying, please look into it.

• R4DAznR4DAzn
    Reactions: 510
    edited February 2017
    Bug Type: Disconnection
    Bug summary: When the Shadow Spear skill is used on many mobs, the game freezes then disconnects.
    Additional details: Occasionally happens during Normal Horntail on the final stage.
    Character Name: R4DNightWalk
    Level: 202
    Job: Nightwalker
    World: Bera
    Date and time of incident: 2/16-2/17
    Additional comments: I'm not using the best PC, so that could be the issue, I can easily turn off the skill effects, but I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this as well.

• KnofbathKnofbath
    edited February 2017
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited February 2017
    Pushing this thread up so I can merge it.

Edit: Done
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited February 2017
    This is somehow tied to the dmg. Low dmg + big aoe + multiple hits / mob = dc.
    Same thing happened to me on chuchu pq.
    But when i hitted the min. arcane req. it stopped dc'ing me. I'm guessing u don't get dc'ed on happy erdas for example.
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    edited February 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    This is somehow tied to the dmg. Low dmg + big aoe + multiple hits / mob = dc.
    Same thing happened to me on chuchu pq.
    But when i hitted the min. arcane req. it stopped dc'ing me. I'm guessing u don't get dc'ed on happy erdas for example.

Not especially. Though you will have less Shadow Spears on screen if you are killing in fewer hits. Czak and HT are prone to having issues because of the multiple body parts. Having a Kanna will vastly increase the odds of DCing, more mobs equals more Shadow Spears.

There are 4 different DC problems that I know about. DC for hack reasons(lag), DC from too many hits on high AF mobs, DC from movement systems(Eree Valley, Skywhale, Lachelein Clocktower, and Muto PQ), and DC for having too many Shadow Spears trigger at once.

Another thread with the same issue:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9844/functionality-night-walker-shadow-spear/

• MDanieIsMDanieIs
    Reactions: 500
    edited February 2017
    I am still having the issue. Though I don't dc when using Shadow Spears alone I do most of the time when using Shadow Spear + Shadow Ilusion + Shadow Spark (you can perfectly recreate this 100% of the time with Czak). Also worth noticing that when using the before skills the game lags/stutters.

I have been a while having this problem, is this even been "looked into"?
  • R4DAznR4DAzn
    Reactions: 510
    edited February 2017
    So after a little bit, I've discovered that full buff combo (Dominion. Shadow Illusion, Shadow Spear) doesn't DC in maps like Forsaken Excavation site which is a pretty densely populated map. However maps like Norm HT (as I've mentioned earlier) and Arcane River almost always DCs after using JUST Shadow Spear.