[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

drop gear not working?

MohanadMohanad
Reactions: 1,105
edited February 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
2X drop rate + full drop gear + wolf + kanna =\= kritias soloing?

Brief bug summary:
Drop gear incorrectly dropping items from 17 feb 2017

More details:
used to solo kritias with the mentioned combination.. but now i cant even kill the first 15% of the Kritias HP...
so there is an obvios glitch or dissableing of drop gear cuz i was doing those 15% with out the drop gear

i also read from the forums (JenniferP) had same problem.. and was noted on 3/jan/2017 so maybe its since that time and still not fixed yet?

Steps to reproduce:
1. Log in game and go to particular map in kritias (i do it in magicians maps)
2. Hunt monster to aquire violet balls as kritias damage
3. use drop gear or dont use drop gear.... no difference

Character name: AliHonda
Character level: 216
Character job: shadower
World name: renegades
Date and time of the incident: 17 feb 2017 after maintainance (that was my re-playing time)
  1. who ever tryed same issue in diffrent maps/places please like my discussion...?1 vote
    1. have same problem with drop gear and combination
       100% (1 vote)
    2. dont have same problem with the drop gear and combination
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• VaazaVaaza
    Reactions: 425
    edited February 2017
    I have no idea what you're talking about and even if I could even remotely guess what you're on about, it'll probably be something to do with the anti-matter drops and/or the special tokens that drop from CERTAIN monsters during invasion.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe it isn't as common as it is supposed to be?

Idk. No idea what this post is about.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Drop rate is random even with a boosted rate.

Try with something more easily discernible, such as boss drops. Kritias invasions aren't exactly supposed to be soloed.
    JettLuvsU
  • MohanadMohanad
    edited February 2017
    @Neospector
    alliance friends with full drop gear as well only aquired 2 lach symbols for 3 hours straight of grinding!

and im going to follow your steps and do it on some boss run and see how it goes...
    gonna report back here as well for you

Edited...

i made few boss kill with and with out drop gear on... and yes the drop gear isn't working...
    i contacted one of the opponents in that kritias invasion from an hour ago (we compete for who takes the final blow) and he confirmed that there is a known issue for the drop gear and that i need to Re-equip it again and re summoner the familiar when ever i feel the drop gear isnt doing the proper effect!
    (OhAnaid) was the one i contacted
    if any one else can confirm what is that issue?
    TheTranMan
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited February 2017
    My friend has a higher drop rate than my main and he said he barely got any coin drops from Sengoku High, including Kanna and Hayato, while I only didn't get any coin drops from just 2 enemies. I don't know for certain my friend's drop rate %, but it is higher than mine, and I only used a Mutant Ribbon Pig familiar.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Drop gear in general is working.

Not entirely a related thread http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=79772
    but as you can see from this
    http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=79772&p=1316148&viewfull=1#post1316148
    and this
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5urc27/party_drop_rate_research_please_contribute/ddxbely/
    characters with drop gear do get more drops, as of yesterday.

However, I have heard people say that entering an Inferno Wolf or Bounty Hunter portal will somehow disable your %drop effects (until you log out? for the rest of the day? until you restart? I don't know).
    This might bear looking into.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Drop gear in general is working.

Not entirely a related thread http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=79772
    but as you can see from this
    http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=79772&p=1316148&viewfull=1#post1316148
    and this
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5urc27/party_drop_rate_research_please_contribute/ddxbely/
    characters with drop gear do get more drops, as of yesterday.

However, I have heard people say that entering an Inferno Wolf or Bounty Hunter portal will somehow disable your %drop effects (until you log out? for the rest of the day? until you restart? I don't know).
    This might bear looking into.

Ive heard of a glitch similar in relation to Gollux...
  • MohanadMohanad
    edited February 2017
    thank you guys for spending time checking out for this

its in general working yes

but sometimes its goes as if u are not wearing any drop gears, i returned back to do some Kritias runs as well as some boss runs, it was all okie
    and drops was as it intended to be

but some other times it goes as there is no drop gears at all

ex1: Kritias dmg calculation some time it goes as 15% (no drop gears) and it went as 50~65% dmg (with drop gears) equipped
    there is no ratio between 15% and 60%... that means there is an obvious glitch happens on some matter

ex2: drops at bossing (hard hilla) specially has to drop alot of weapons and such equips.. with drop gears equipped,
    all of sudden it acts as there is no drop gear equipped and just drops so few items

ex3: (Nodestone) i tried to train for around 1 hour with my Shadower and friends Kanna.. both of us only acquired 2 Nodestone each
    and that's for sure means i have no drop gears equipped cuz both of us had same rate of drops which that is against logic
    Note: i have full drop gear + wolf, and Kanna has no single drop item neither a familiar

for the 3 examples there is an obvious glitch happened at certain matter but still cant identifies

if the reply here gonna be that it depends on RNG i would reply that this is going to be against (probability theory) which is the core of RNG

and for other ppl arround had same issue and figured it out
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5ul5mk/is_drop_rate_glitched_right_now/

can any one else confirm of what is there with there drop gears?
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited February 2017
    Doing some testing for the southperry post.
    Still in testing, everything is not final yet, but posting a portion of it here since it seem really relevent since you are partying with a Kanna.

Kacchuu Musha
    Everything is done in a sequence.
    Rexaar2 at 179% drop rate and spider familar (most of the time, 1.4x drop rate) and greed pendant
    Rexaar at 0% drop rate

1. 0:20 Rexaar2 is party leader and enter the map first and kill, Rexaar enter second.
    48 equipment dropped

2. 2:14 Change party leader, Rexaar is party leader and enter the map first and kill, Rexaar2 enter second.
    41 equipment dropped, no spider

3. 5:28 to 8:19 Remake party, Rexaar is party leader, Rexaar2 enter first and kill.
    9 equipment

4. 11:39 No party change, Rexaar2 kill alone.
    43 equipment

5. 13:40 No party change, Rexaar is leader and enter second Rexaar2 enter first and kill.
    16 equipment

6. 15:35 No party change, Rexaar is leader and kill, Rexaar2 enter second.
    14 equipment

7. 16:55 Remake party, Rexaar2 is leader, Rexaar enter second and kill. no spider
    48 equipment, no spider

8. 20:08 Change party leader, Rexaar is leader, Rexaar2 enter first and kill.
    53 equipment

9. 24:15 No party change, Rexaar is leader, Rexaar cc and kill alone
    14 equipment

10. 25:30 No party change, Rexaar is leader, Rexaar enter first and kill, Rexaar2 enter second.
    49 equipment, no spider

Conclusion from doing it with 2 man party:
    Drop rate of everyone currently in the map is set to the person (if he is present) that created the party.
    Changing party leader do not change the drop rate.
    If the person that created the party is not present in the map, then the killer own drop rate is applied.

Speculation (need more testing):
    Killer drop rate seem to be applied for bosses in which the loot explode very high into the sky, and party creator drop rate is applied if the loot doesn't fly as high. (Why doesn't the Kacchuu Musha boss follow Hilla and Zakum killer drop rate rule?)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Speculation (need more testing):
    Killer drop rate seem to be applied for bosses in which the loot explode very high into the sky, and party creator drop rate is applied if the loot doesn't fly as high. (Why doesn't the Kacchuu Musha boss follow Hilla and Zakum killer drop rate rule?)

It's possible that different rules apply to KMS and non-KMS bosses.
    Or to field bosses vs. limited-entry bosses.
    Might want to test at Krexel, who is a non-KMS (like Kacchuu Musha) limited-entry (like Zakum and Hilla) boss.