[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Any news about a new CM?

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    shavit wrote: »
    OneLetter wrote: »
    Once there is news on a new dedicated Maple CM, there will be a full introduction, of course. I hope you welcome them with open arms and an open mind, and provide them with the same opportunities you provided past CM's to get to know and understand the Maple community. :)

Make it someone who has experience with the game, please :(

-raises hand- I can send another resume Q_Q I want this job...

maxresdefault.jpg
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

bumbertyr wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

Can't "just do it". They stopped taking applications for this position in early January. Which means that either they've decided we don't deserve a dedicated CM, or they've found one but are still training them or something.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited February 2017
    Eh, why even bother with a new CM. If they do too good of a job they end up getting fired, and if they don't do a good job, the community continues getting screwed over.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Deathmobs wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Deathmobs wrote: »
    I should be the new CM. I'll take the community's wants and wishes and then strap right on good and tight to Nexon and ride them on out like an angry bull! YEEE HAAAW!

You gonna hope their families get cancer and die a slow, painful death again if they don't listen to you?

Negative reinforcement is one of the best tools to use when fixing "simple things". Nexon has continuously displayed a complete and total lack of self-awareness and basic common sense, so more "diplomatic solutions" are basically out. You can't reason with an animal. You can TRAIN an animal... and that's the way Nexon acts... like an animal. Hence the need for negative reinforcement. Like I said, I'm willin to strap right onto that raging bull and ride it out... the rest of you... you'll likely just become enablers and troll-shielders for their terrible practices and only for the sake of "brownie points" and imagined importance (unwarranted self-importance at that).

I may not be the CM many of you want... but I'm the CM that the game needs.
    AKradian wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

Can't "just do it". They stopped taking applications for this position in early January. Which means that either they've decided we don't deserve a dedicated CM, or they've found one but are still training them or something.

I'd do the don't let your dreams be dreams part but your right, though it looks like another CM position popped up on the careers page, though it doesn't list the game.
    http://www.nexon.net/corporate/careers/job-details/?job=725

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I'd do the don't let your dreams be dreams part but your right, though it looks like another CM position popped up on the careers page, though it doesn't list the game.
    http://www.nexon.net/corporate/careers/job-details/?job=725

They don't mention the game but they require "3 + years of community management experience, preferably on an FPS title," so it's not for Maplestory.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2017
    Once there is news on a new dedicated Maple CM, there will be a full introduction, of course. I hope you welcome them with open arms and an open mind, and provide them with the same opportunities you provided past CM's to get to know and understand the Maple community. :)

maxresdefault.jpg

I kinda did...but got rejected...I would seriously take the job if Nexon weren't...well Nexon. -sobs over resume- I literally have wanted this job since I was in Middle school...
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited February 2017
    Excited for the new CM-- whenever that happens!
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017

maxresdefault.jpg

I kinda did...but got rejected...I would seriously take the job if Nexon weren't...well Nexon. -sobs over resume- I literally have wanted this job since I was in Middle school...

Remember, the important thing about getting a job at a company is persistence, try throwing your resume in for that general inquirysection they have open on their careers page. Even if you dont start at the position you want to be at, you'd at least have your foot in the door.
    JettLuvsU
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited February 2017
    We wouldn't have to go through the CM process all over again if they just didn't fire their old CM.

:s
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    Chukki wrote: »
    We wouldn't have to go through the CM process all over again if they just didn't fire their old CM.

No one knows what happened. So it's unsure if he was fired or quit.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Chukki wrote: »

No one knows what happened. So it's unsure if he was fired or quit.

He mentioned it in his stream that he was let go; he, however, didn't specify the reason why.