[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Are you Lagging right now?

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited February 2018 in Tech Support
This probably isn't related to the recent login issues that is most likely due to the fault of the client.

It seems to be according to this:
http://maple.watch/#GMS-Scania

That Scania is the only world that is lagging for me, and I've been lagging for this entire week. I just want to know if anyone else is having similar issues.

If possible, leave your world name and results if you're planning to post.
  1. Are you lagging right now when playing MapleStory?19 votes
    1. Yes.
       68% (13 votes)
    2. No.
       32% (6 votes)

Comments

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I play on the Scania server and experience lag, too.
    It's not extreme, but it does bother me when play with characters that have latency skills.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited February 2017
    Changed the poll because I made a small mistake.
    I play on the Scania server and experience lag, too.
    It's not extreme, but it does bother me when play with characters that have latency skills.

Generally I wouldn't care but for things such as Hungry Muto (Chu Chu) Party Quest, 2x EXP/DROP Coupons, and bosses like Chaos Vellum every second counts. Disconnection really hurts when I have a 2x DROP Coupon active.
    JettLuvsU
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Scania, also getting the lag.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    As a player from Scania, I am still lagging doing many things such as Chuchu PQ, event hall lag is still unbearable, killing mobs too fast, trying to CC too fast, and sometimes I lag when trying to enter portals.

A solution has been proposed in the past where certain servers could be merged. Also, a world transfer event would help greatly since I am sure many people would wish to leave scania(the most populated server).
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    The games never been lag free for a long time now
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited March 2017
    Scania... seriously, why is it only this server that's lagging?
  • ArchanIomharArchanIomhar
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited March 2017
    Ah, Broa is lagging a lot, too, actually. Or it may just me be, I don't know. It wasn't this bad a couple of weeks ago... I only get about 10 minutes of play in at a time and then it goes kaput.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited March 2017
    Ah, Broa is lagging a lot, too, actually. Or it may just me be, I don't know. It wasn't this bad a couple of weeks ago... I only get about 10 minutes of play in at a time and then it goes kaput.
    I feel like the source of my issues in Scania right now are coming from the 2x EXP & Drop Event. Just when the event goes on my ping spikes up and when it ends my ping goes lower.
    JettLuvsU
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    I feel like the source of my issues in Scania right now are coming from the 2x EXP & Drop Event. Just when the event goes on my ping spikes up and when it ends my ping goes lower.

It is from the 2x event. I was training before, during, and after event and i was doing fine before and after but during the event, I DCed multiple times, had to train slower, and lagged almost all throughout event. It's funny how we were suggesting to Nexon for weeks/months? to remove 2x event and then they did... secretly. And then secretly brought it back but not much has changed? Lol it's like they're just playing with us now.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

It is from the 2x event. I was training before, during, and after event and i was doing fine before and after but during the event, I DCed multiple times, had to train slower, and lagged almost all throughout event. It's funny how we were suggesting to Nexon for weeks/months? to remove 2x event and then they did... secretly. And then secretly brought it back but not much has changed? Lol it's like they're just playing with us now.

They didn't "remove it secretly". There have been months in the past without 2x events. Seems pretty random how they decide which months will or won't have 2x weekends.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited March 2017
    Feels like even without 2x, Scania still has a slight delay. I can notice it when 1-shotting mobs that they still don't instantly die.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    i get occasional spikes, but mainly in lacheleins clocktower
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited March 2017
    After the Artifact Hunt Event started, the ping literally just spiked up. These servers are bad for Chaos Queen, Chu Chu Party Quest and anything else low ping-intensive.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited March 2017
    I'm Lagging in Mardia all the time. I lag so bad that I cannot be in a party to train. Last weekend I d/c between 6 and 10 times at every 2x. Not using 2x drop buffs anymore. =[