[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

BFF event exp is unfair

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    Welp. Time to trash my coins, because this event just became worthless. Thanks, OP, and all those who whined about it being "exploitative" on reddit.
    DoughBahamut_XPetalmagicLinksMissingBooberpuppyKonari
  • DoughDough
    Reactions: 1,965
    edited March 2017
    Welp it's been nerfed I havent logged in yet to see the damage but I already assume the event has gone from good to FLAT OUT USELESS :l
    at least i got from 221-222...
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited March 2017
    Welp they nerfed it before I got to abuse it. oh well.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    Yep...I should have stayed up and leveled more...Thanks for nothing :T
    DoughXenon92
  • NyaraNyara
    Reactions: 665
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nexon consistently fails to check its new content, both for bugs and for poor design. They have no idea whether anything is too hard (remember Madhouse battery drop rate?), too powerful (choco buff), too laggy (eternal kill-quest lag during Haste event) or too rewarding (bff exp). If it's true that TWMS didn't have exp at all in the BFF Monster Park stage, then it's all the more puzzling that the GMS team added exp without thinking of how to scale it correctly. Does the real monster park give this kind of exp?

No, the problem was that the event was released before 5th Job and experience adjusted with respect to your level in TWMS. Likely something bugged out again at the code and the game formula for the experience adjustment just went crazy (hence why level 185-199 gained no exp neither). If Nexon really wanted the stage to give experience then they would have made the Picnic Stage to give experience, too. The normal Monster Park gives the same as the Picnic: nothing at all. I will guess the bug triggered at Monster Park and not Picnic because Monster Park mobs scale their levels and HP in a different way (since it scales per room entry).

So again, the problem arose from the lack of proper testing of events or anything from Nexon before releasing their update to live, rather they decided to introduce something too broken while being unawere of it. And like Classic Nexon always does, they didn't made a unsheudled maintenance until their coders figured out how to fix the bug, nor they said no word regarding the event being broken.

Funnily enough Chocobuff was also a sort of the same stick. The original Choco event in JMS was super powerful, but super hard to obtain. Choco frenzy was pretty much the norm after 50. It is not like GMS nerfed Choco Frenzy rate in purpose, the game sometimes froze for a minute after an injection to afterwards no choco frenzy, even after a 250 injection sometimes, in JMS there was no froze at all. I don't remember the reward shop items handling but I don't recall seeing 100 stock numbers, I think the items were P2W like the Sengoku entry after a small stock in the reward shop.
    JettLuvsUShippou
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    edited March 2017
    i just i not doing this event anymore i pointless to do it now the item in the shop is bad beside 2 item that the job coin and the epic scroll or what i think we can get that all day with yu each day of epic scroll so that unless right off the bat so what can u use coin of if they update the dam shop of item we need i think this event will be good but not it just bad
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    They really need to start testing their own game by playing it more often and get a feel for how these adjustments actually impact the gameplay.
    It's insane how little there is getting done to make the game better versus having to nerf something completely boosted to absolute zero. Don't believe me? Refer to the Choco Event, and that'll be probably what happened to BFF Event.

It's as if the term "A Better Maple" is literally a myth for GMS. -snip-

Yup. Now it's just back to business as usual. Might as well just not even have these sort of events at all, because they never get them right, then they completely obliterate their value. They only seem to lead to disappointment. The only really good thing I've seen lately is that pets move faster now. I love that. But then they throw in annoyances like a floating mob every 5 minutes that has the power to destroy you in seconds if you happen to be distracted or taking a quick leak at the wrong time. It's always something.
  • MaktFFMaktFF
    Reactions: 510
    edited March 2017
    And back to only dream in reaching lv220 for the 3th arcane symbol =S
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Konari wrote: »
    020239376af9344d9bb92374c5ee1492.png

I'm just gonna leave this here.

That's my permabeginner character. I don't play him much anymore.

Also, the hate I'm getting in this thread is astounding. You guys act like I personally caused this.
    As others have stated, it was likely never intended to give this much exp.

• BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    @LittleTLK
    You're getting such hate for a reason. It's not so much that you may have caused it, but the fact that you supported them changing it, when the rest of us knew exactly what would happen if Nexon tampered with it, which is the results of that gone live now, which is virtually NO EXP BONUS compared to before, literally a 99.9% nerf.

Just do us all a favor and shut up now, please.
    DoughKonari
  • ShippouShippou
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    At this point, all I can do is just soak up the hatred.
    I'm not happy that so many players hate me or think I caused them pain or something, but it seems like I'm just going to have to sit back and "drink your tears," so to say.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    THIS IS UNFAIR *abuses the hell out of the event*
    JettLuvsUBooberpuppyZeldaOfHyrule
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2017
    I bet you, the OP did abuse this and got a satisfying level and now he wants it closed.

we can never have nice things :/

fyi, it was not possible from 221-230 in 30 minutes or an hour.

i went from 221 to 227 in 8 hours. Welp its back to hibernation for me, Thanks OP and the rest of you goody two shoes,

90% sure all of them abused this as well.

Warning: Please don't accuse members of the forum.
    BooberpuppyLilyflower
  • ShippouShippou
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    I bet you, the OP did abuse this and got a satisfying level and now he wants it closed.

we can never have nice things :/

fyi, it was not possible from 221-230 in 30 minutes or an hour.

i went from 221 to 227 in 8 hours. Welp its back to hibernation for me, Thanks OP and the rest of you goody two shoes,

90% sure all of them abused this as well.

I did not abuse this.
    I did a few runs, getting around 5%
    I really wanted the trait boost potion in the shop.

• TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I went from lvl 28 - 52 in this event! I hardly even got any players to play with because of lack of people that are my level. They need to increase levels so I can face more people.
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited March 2017
    Stéphy wrote: »
    Haven't been able to log since the patch yesterday as i was busy.
    I'm sure that whenever i will log it will already be nerfed thanks to people who complain about it. While u can just go enjoy it yourself rather then wasting time to complain about it? Lolz

Owell what i still don't get is that If it benefits the players, why is that even bad? Just enjoy that nexon is giving u a chance (intended or not) to get this massive benefits/exp etc.

I'll quote myself.. i should become a witch and ask money for my 'visionskills'.
    Just like i thought, when i would log it will be nerfed.

GG nexon and all of you people who has the need to constantly whine about positive things.

• Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 2,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I'm happy that it's nerfed.

It's not like it gave 1.2x more exp, it actually had a reason to be nerfed, it gave a sht ton more.
    JettLuvsU
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited March 2017
    Hey guys

I will now respectfully ask that "you guys" leave LittleTLK alone. Players are free to have their own opinions about this event without getting bashed for it.
    - Opinions are welcomed. However, we do expect you to respect the opinions of others, even if you do not agree with them.
    - Do not use conflicts you have with others forum members as discussion points.
    Keyan the EvanNyara
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2017
    those who wanted a nerf are the possible

Already level 250
    aren't able to get on maple
    or abused it themselves to a satisfying point and want it closed since they're done with it.

in the end, the abuse is now gone. You all got what you wanted.
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 2,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    those who wanted a nerf are the possible

Already level 250
    aren't able to get on maple
    or abused it themselves to a satisfying point and want it closed since they're done with it.

in the end, the abuse is now gone. You all got what you wanted.
    I am none of those, stop assuming things as if you're always right.

Very useless assertion too "those who wanted a nerf are the possible"; you could say that about anything at all so I doubt you even wanted to include that part, otherwise I wouldn't see why you'd even post that to begin with, so stop suggesting that people who don't want an exploit, exploited that exploit.

While people exploited this event, I was training normally in Chu Chu for 2 hours and gained like 15%, I didn't even know about this until today.

This discussion has been closed.