[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamer - Li'l Fort, Bear Reborn, Bro Attack

steamconesteamcone
Reactions: 795
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
Beast tamer's li'l fort skill does a whopping 56 damage!!!
nexon fix your game ffs.
how to replicate:
drop li'l fort on the ground and watch as he does a poultry 56 damage exactly. this bug cuts your dps by roughly half...

Moderator Note:

Hello.

Please follow the Bug Reporting format via the <u><b><a href="http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/33/maplestory-bug-reporting-guidelines#latest">MapleStory Bug Reporting Guidelines</a></b></u> when posting in this subforum.

Bug type:

Brief bug summary:

More details:
(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:
(if not covered in the summary)

Character name:
Character level:
Character job:
World name:
Date and time of the incident:
(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Comments

• PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited March 2017
    Bug type: functionality

Brief bug summary: The Beast Tamer class Summoning skill Li'l Fort is consistently peaking at very low two digits damage per attack.

More details: Since the last major game update, the summoning skill "Li'l Fort" is incorrectly doing very low two digits damage consistently, despite its damage formula being at 1900% damage at max level.
    Following is the link to a video recording of the bug on my character:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=F3WTbpbs2VI

Steps to reproduce: Play with a Beast Tamer with the skill Li'l Fort. Try to activate the skill and witness how little damage the skill does on any monster, regardless of the Beast Tamer's attack range.

Character name: TerraLeafa

Character level: 81 during the video recording, and 90 as of this posting.

Character job: Beast Tamer

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: Approximately 3:50 PM CST. March 3rd, 2017.
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited March 2017
    BUMP so nexon can fix this
    There's more to it. It also effects the little lias u can summon in leopard mode. those do hardly any damage too. This bug really sucks because little fort is like 80% of the DPS in bear mode. it really helps in bosses but is now useless. Beast tamer went from worst class to even more worse. RIP Please fix this

Also, i cannot complete the beast tamer questline. I made it to the quest (after the ellin forest part) where the empress cygnus teleports your character to a special map. But upon entering the map it teleports my character to henesys making it impossible to complete the quest.

Character name: KingFurry
    Character level: 212
    Date and time: Summon doing no damage - since recent patch Unable to complete questline - march 7th approx. 5:30 est (wasn't keeping track of time)

here's a video:
    edited March 2017
    Am i allowed to bump this since it's not listed in the recent maint? There are only like 5 beast tamer mains, but for those of us who do it is a serious problem. This is literally like 80% of our dps.... basically this turns a worthless class even more worthless......
  • CornutzCornutz
    Reactions: 615
    edited March 2017
    Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary: Beast Tamer Leopard skill "Bro Attack" Damage is broken

More details:
    [Master Level:15]
    Gain a chance to summon a baby snow leopard to deal extra damage when you attack. Bosses and some monsters are immune.
    MP Cost 120, Summon Chance 15%, Buff Duration: 150 Sec.
    -Baby Leopard Damage:550%
    -Baby Leopard Duration: 40 Sec.
    Cooldown 0 Sec.
    When ever the baby leopard is summoned and attacks it does very low damag.
    For me it hits around 300 damage and the skill is maxed.

Steps to reproduce:
    Be Level 57
    Kill monsters untill the leopard is summoned
    Attack a monster or get hit from a monster.

Character name:
    MrP00

Character level:
    Level 75

Character job:
    Beast Tamer

World name:
    Reboot
  • MarshadowMarshadow
    Reactions: 620
    edited March 2017
    Bug type: Malfunctioning abilities

Brief bug summary: It's been a while (even before the last patch) that I'm experiencing these problem very often. I've reported it personally to a GM through chat before but it seems that Nexon just ignored it completely.
    Here is what happens with the BEAR REBORN SKILL: whenever i die the Bear Reborn passive skill was supposed to passively revive me instantly if i'm at the bear mode, but it doesn't work as expected.
    It not only is unable to revive me but also makes it impossible for me to revive AT ALL. The box that usually comes right after dying asking if you want to revive through normal means doesn't even show up and the only way to revive is by roughly logging out.
    That isn't just gamebreaking, but also makes me lose tons of boss runs that otherwise i would be able to finish with ease. It doesn't happen every single time, but it happens very often.

And here is what happens with the LIL' FORT SKILL: the skill was supposed to summon a little bear that would stand still and deal damage to close targets, but it is dealing only 1 damage. Every single time, no matter which target it is: it's always dealing 1 damage point. It's an important skill since we Beast Tamers already lack all the skill rotations the other classes have, and having one less important damage skill is extremely game breaking.

And also one more thing: sometimes if i switch too quickly between animals, my entire skillset gets stuck and i can't do anything (just walk, not even use melee attack nor go into portals). I can't even switch animals afterwards, the only solution is to log out and then relog again, also making me lose boss runs and monster park runs. Happens sometimes, not too often.

Steps to reproduce

Li'l Bear skill: Have a Beast Tamer character that has at least 105 skill points on bear in order to unlock the Li'l Bear Skill. Use it somewhere near a mob. It should do 1 damage when it should have 1060 - 1900% dmg potential.

Bear Reborn skill: Have a Beast Tamer character that has at least 175 skill points on bear in order to unlock the skill. You should experience the problem if you die while the Bear Reborn passive active (you must be on Bear Mode to do so). Happens more often when i'm facing Hilla and Von Leon. It has a chance of not happening at all sometimes.

Informations on the character i've experienced that issue

Character name: Yhion

Character level: 181

Date and time of the incident: It's been happening often since the beggining of the month. I started playing as Beast Tamer around that time, therefore i can't say if it used to happen even before that.

Time zone: UTC-03:00, BRT
    edited March 2017
    Are you still having a problem with bear reborn? In the past few days it seems i haven't gotten the death glitch yet, even though i used to get it a awful lot. I assumed they fixed that but maybe not. Some other things to note about it: if you die and have bear reborn resurrect you, if you leave the boss you're currently in and go to a different boss, you don't get the death glitch (or so i've noticed) You could also have a guild member revive you, that also works as a solution instead of logging out. As far as the time it started happening, i first started noticing the death glitch quite a few months ago.. Also, as far as the lil fort doing no damage, it also affects the leopard skill bro attack, although it doesn't do 1 damage for me it does 319. either way this is really disappointing because lil' fort is really usefull, i used it all the time. i haven't noticed the "switching too fast and my skills get locked up" incident even though i always switch animal modes really quick, That's a weird one i'll have to look into. I really hope they can fix these soon it turns a bad class even worse :(

On a side note, it looks like the meow gold card glitch that used to lock your character is fixed. i've been using meow card alot more frequently and haven't noticed the glitch although i did lock up the other day which might be the switching animal modes too fast glitch come to think of it

Here are my character stats if it's important:
    class :beast Tamer
    Level: 212
    world: bera
    Marshadow
  • MarshadowMarshadow
    Reactions: 620
    edited March 2017
    YiffyFurry wrote: »
    Are you still having a problem with bear reborn? In the past few days it seems i haven't gotten the death glitch yet, even though i used to get it a awful lot. I assumed they fixed that but maybe not. Some other things to note about it: if you die and have bear reborn resurrect you, if you leave the boss you're currently in and go to a different boss, you don't get the death glitch (or so i've noticed) You could also have a guild member revive you, that also works as a solution instead of logging out. As far as the time it started happening, i first started noticing the death glitch quite a few months ago.. Also, as far as the lil fort doing no damage, it also affects the leopard skill bro attack, although it doesn't do 1 damage for me it does 319. either way this is really disappointing because lil' fort is really usefull, i used it all the time. i haven't noticed the "switching too fast and my skills get locked up" incident even though i always switch animal modes really quick, That's a weird one i'll have to look into. I really hope they can fix these soon it turns a bad class even worse :(

On a side note, it looks like the meow gold card glitch that used to lock your character is fixed. i've been using meow card alot more frequently and haven't noticed the glitch although i did lock up the other day which might be the switching animal modes too fast glitch come to think of it
    First of all, thank you for taking a bit of your time to share your experience. It helped me to understand a few things better.

The last time i had that issue with the Bear Reborn skill was just a few (1 to 3) days ago. I'm trying my best not to die at all lately due to that glitch, and I didn't experience it today yet because i didn't have the opportunity to, but I don't think they fixed it yet and honestly I have no hope that they are going to any soon tbh.

I know that the Li'l Fort skill glitch also applies to Lai's (the Snow Leopard) summoning skill, although i haven't been using Lai for a long time since his ability tree is extremely underwhelming. Sorry for not mentioning it.

As for the skill lock glitch: it might have been related to the Golden Card, yes. When i come to think about it, I remember using the Meow Card buff right before trying to switch and then the glitch happened. I don't know exactly when it was the last time it happened to me, but I remember that I had experienced most issues the day I posted this. I don't think they fixed that glitch neither.

And yes, I love Beast Tamer so much but it is hard enough not to get mad at Nexon on how BT is an extremely weak class in comparison to most others and they just ignore it but we deal with it and go ahead anyways. We don't need further complications since our abilities are already extremely underwhelming (having two entirely useless skill trees is a big headache when most classes have a lot of powerfully abusive skill rotations) and it is painful enough to be a Beast Tamer main without having to deal with game breaking issues.
    JettLuvsUKingofFurries
    edited March 2017
    Marshadow wrote: »
    Snip

And yes, I love Beast Tamer so much but it is hard enough not to get mad at Nexon on how BT is an extremely weak class in comparison to most others and they just ignore it but we deal with it and go ahead anyways. We don't need further complications since our abilities are already extremely underwhelming (having two entirely useless skill trees is a big headache when most classes have a lot of powerfully abusive skill rotations) and it is painful enough to be a Beast Tamer main without having to deal with game breaking issues.
    I know man i deal with this every day. I've been a main since day one its not easy. beast tamer was already at the bottom of the dps charts, and then they broke lil fort and got rid of like 80% of our dps.

it's sad man. Like, usually a class has good mobbing, good bossing, and some mixture of mobility and buffing, but for beast tamer they took those 4 abilities and split them so u can't use them at the same time. When 5th job came out i got really excited, i thought this was the one chance nexon had to make beast tamer a relatively useful class, like maybe beast tamers could compare to other classes, but no. our 5th job skill sucks major disappointment. maybe if you had the ability to use each animal's attacks individually it would be good, but they made it a combo skill which is kinda slow tbh not to mention the useful attack from it (the hawk one) does really low damage. (speaking of slow, our hyper skill is painfully slow basically useless). there's supposed to be a part 2 to 5th job where each class gets a second skill and i really hope nexon can do something good for beast tamers. Like, listen to the 5 people who main beast tamer there's potential to the class.

On a side note, i did hhilla today with my guild and died a few times and didn't get the bear reborn bug, i'm starting to think maybe they fixed it because it's been a few days since i got the glitch. I've also been using meow gold card all the time and have yet to lock up. things are looking promising on my end, they just need to fix lil fort.

Also, what do you mean by 2 useless skill trees? i use bear, leopard, and cat pretty frequently the only useless one i see is hawk but i still use that alot to get around places.