[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited March 2017 in General Chat
Ahoy, Maplers!

A few of you may have seen me in Henesys on the Reboot server, or perhaps zipping around on other servers, but it’s high time I introduced myself.

Nice to officially meet everyone!
My name is Arwoo and I’m your Community Manager for MapleStory.

For those curious of my MaplehiStory, I was an avid Mapler from early-2005 all the way until mid-2012. Coming back to MapleStory has been a lot to take in and while I’m only level 177, I hope to reach 5th job and fight Lucid someday.

I wouldn’t necessarily call myself a veteran player since the MapleStory I grew up with has evolved over the many years. I’d say I’m more of a dinosaur who hopped into a time machine which traveled into the distant… fuuuuutuuuurrrrre.

For weeks I’ve been reading through many threads on the subreddit and forums to better understand the community.
In addition, I’m also very active on our social platforms and create content (actuallyjustmemes) to share with players on a regular basis.

So what does Arwoo do outside of MapleStory? I create guides and gameplay videos on Youtube for games that I typically play at the time. Used to be a competitive socal smash player and choreographer. Currently, I’ve been working on putting together a number of costumes to cosplay at events. You may have seen me if you frequent AX.

It’s a pleasure to meet such a big community and I look forward to reading through all the responses!
For those interested in seeing me in person, come hang out on the MapleStory official Twitch broadcast on March 15 @ 5:00-6:00 PM PST you might even recognize me from other games!

Official MapleStory Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/maplestory
I’ll be hosting an AMA on the livestream alongside SavageAce, but I will also be taking questions here on the forums and on /r/MapleStory.

Please keep your questions appropriate and if I’m capable of providing an answer, then I’ll be sure to do so!
SavageAceOneLetterSkyTheDestroyerFennekinKirdeinMegaScienceNeospectorIvangoldbumbertyrIts2Sharp4Uand 9 others.

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Is the maple team working on something to deal with the rampant botting and hacking? I am kind of exhausted reporting players constantly and having no action taken against obvious cheaters.
    zz2020
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited March 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Is the maple team working on something to deal with the rampant botting and hacking? I am kind of exhausted reporting players constantly and having no action taken against obvious cheaters.

Apparently the new flying mobs in Arcane River are helping with that slightly. Though they only manage to kill botters when elite bosses spawn.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Welcome, Arwoo!
    Nice to meet you.

If you've been reading for weeks then I'm sure you know we have lots of questions, suggestions, and bug reports that need attention. Are you planning on responding to any existing threads?

Will you tell us your real name?
    Kylehell007
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Y-You main Angelic Buster?!

Also, do you plan on doing anything about the anti afk mobs? Most people agree there's no cultural need for them here... and it's a pain to take a break for a few minutes when grinding.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited March 2017
    Welcome :)
  • PrizkillaPrizkilla
    Reactions: 555
    edited March 2017
    Hello! I wish you good luck ;)
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited March 2017
    Nice to meet you, JushiroNet!
    We receive over hundreds of reports each day in regards to hackers and our investigation team handles each one.

However, I've seen many claims here on the forums and on the subreddit that despite these reports, players still see the same hacker in their usual spots. While it's not my primary role to address hacker related reports, I can provide assistance with these instances.
    JushiroNet wrote: »

It's nice to meet you too, AKradian!
    There are a number of existing topics, questions, and issues that I will be addressing.

For the most part, I believe there are a number of misunderstandings currently in the community that I'd love to shed light on!
    AKradian wrote: »
    Welcome, Arwoo!
    Nice to meet you.

If you've been reading for weeks then I'm sure you know we have lots of questions, suggestions, and bug reports that need attention. Are you planning on responding to any existing threads?

Aye! I love mahou shoujos and Angelic Buster was not a class that I had played in the past. Overall, I'm loving the feel of how mobile the class is and the theme!

As for the anti-afk mobs, we've seen a lot of feedback from players and we're in the process of making a decision of their appearance in the future.
    Fennekin wrote: »
    Y-You main Angelic Buster?!

Also, do you plan on doing anything about the anti afk mobs? Most people agree there's no cultural need for them here... and it's a pain to take a break for a few minutes when grinding.
    Fennekin
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Hello Arwoo,

Welcome as our new CM of Maplestory, I wish you good luck and hopefully you will be a nice time here on the forums and the rest of the social media!

Would it be possible to have the stream next week on a more appropriate time, most of us Europeans are sleeping between 2 and 3am in the night.
    chaoscauser
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited March 2017
    Yonax wrote: »
    Hello Arwoo,

Welcome as our new CM of Maplestory, I wish you good luck and hopefully you will be a nice time here on the forums and the rest of the social media!

Would it be possible to have the stream next week on a more appropriate time, most of us Europeans are sleeping between 2 and 3am in the night.

Greetings, Yonax!

Because it's also a school/work day for many maplers, that might be a bit tricky.
    However! I will see if I can adjust the time to make it a little earlier for friends on the other side of the world.

If not this time, I'll be sure to keep that information in mind for the next livestream.
    chaoscauser
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited March 2017
    Welcome new CM! Finnaly we have one again!

It's easyer to level up these days, you will get 5job in no time!

About anti-afk mobs, just make they appear or move 5seconds after the player enter the map, then he chases you, so that way you have time to prepare yourself or just pass the map without the need to bump/kill it.
  • DraedekDraedek
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2017
    Hey Arwoo!

Long-time Vet here.

I saw the SoCal smash player eh? Melee? play with the MangoForty himself? lol

Also, More GM interaction with community in reboot?

Thanks.
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited March 2017
    Hello Arwoo!

Welcome, i hope you will come visit Luna server aswell =)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Greetings, Yonax!

Because it's also a school/work day for many maplers, that might be a bit tricky.
    However! I will see if I can adjust the time to make it a little earlier for friends on the other side of the world.

If not this time, I'll be sure to keep that information in mind for the next livestream.

Speaking of timezones...

Can you please get the game servers back on PST? http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9684/change-server-time-back-to-pst
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Greetings, Yonax!

Speaking of timezones...

Can you please get the game servers back on PST? http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9684/change-server-time-back-to-pst

No, thank you for Luna!
    chaoscauserArwooStéphy
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    Welcome to the forums @Arwoo.

Mmm 2005 mapler, I can already tell we're gonna be good friends XD. That also explains all the nostalgia posts i was seeing the social media, expect to see a lot of me :)

I hope you plan on posting some of those cosplays in the off topic section, i also hope you plan on doing some maplestory cosplays. I can say we definitely don't have enough of those.

I wish you luck with the fighting lucid and link that youtube!

also join us on the Maplestory forum discord, the more the merrier https://discord.gg/Aqu7RMK

Also i do have a question pertaining to crimsonwood keep, last year it went down for refurbishment to match the masteria through time update. We received a news post stating it'd be back later that year however it didn't return and there's been no talk of it since.

- bumbertyr
    chaoscauser
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Speaking of timezones...

No, thank you for Luna!

You LIKE it when half the events are on UTC and half on PST and nobody (not even Nexon) can keep track of what happens when?
    You LIKE it when extended maintenance ends after daily reset and events lose a day?
    I live in Eastern European Time and I would still rather have a consistent game where a "game day" is a known entity, than the random mess we're in right now.
    PirateIzzy
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    Speaking of timezones...

No, thank you for Luna!

You LIKE it when half the events are on UTC and half on PST and nobody (not even Nexon) can keep track of what happens when?
    You LIKE it when extended maintenance ends after daily reset and events lose a day?
    I live in Eastern European Time and I would still rather have a consistent game where a "game day" is a known entity, than the random mess we're in right now.

please don't start, this is a welcome thread can we please keep it that way.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    Welcome Arwoo, so happy to see a CM here! I wish you the best and thank you for service to the MS community. We have been looking forward to your arrival for a long time.

I hope you don't get too overwhelmed with the bombardment of concerns we have about this game. The first and foremost one I'm concerned with at the moment is the floating mob annoyance. However, it looks like it has been mentioned a lot already, so I'll just put in my word against them and that I'd like to see them removed. Pass it on.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    Speaking of timezones...

No, thank you for Luna!

please don't start, this is a welcome thread can we please keep it that way.

Arwoo said they were taking questions for the AMA.
    I asked a question, and gave a link to where more can be read about an issue.
    Yonax decided to turn it into an argument, not I.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited March 2017
    Are you sure you're not Arwin in disguise? Name is too curiously similar. Good thing you're at least someone who played for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.