[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    The absence of a CM these past few months has been very noticeable, hopefully we'll see some solid transparent communication from now on. Welcome aboard this rocky ship and good luck to you.

Shameless suggestion plugs:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/4129/reboot-and-rankings#latest
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10224/separate-reboot-rankings-from-main-server-rankings#latest

I will probably ask about the above during the stream so take it into consideration.
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited March 2017
    Question for the stream:
    Now that the Lagg issue have been fixed is a eu reboot server being discussed once again?
    Jiggle
  • JiggleJiggle
    Reactions: 510
    edited March 2017
    Question for the stream:
    Now that the Lagg issue have been fixed is a eu reboot server being discussed once again?

+1, I wonder the same.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Welcome, Arwoo!
    Nice to meet you.

If you've been reading for weeks then I'm sure you know we have lots of questions, suggestions, and bug reports that need attention. Are you planning on responding to any existing threads?

It's nice to meet you too, AKradian!
    There are a number of existing topics, questions, and issues that I will be addressing.

Right now would be good.
    For the most part, I believe there are a number of misunderstandings currently in the community that I'd love to shed light on!

Please do.
    As for the anti-afk mobs, we've seen a lot of feedback from players and we're in the process of making a decision of their appearance in the future.

That's good to hear.
    PirateIzzy
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    Congratulations on the position Community Manager Arwoo!

It's been quite chaotic on the forums since KThxBaiNao was let go and future patches afterwards. All sorts of players have expressed many sorts of disappointment when it comes towards Cash Shop Specials, Royal Styles, the general state of the game, etc.

However, since you just got into the hot seat this will be my question. What are the first few things (that you can say) you're planning to do as a Community Manager for MapleStory?
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Greetings, Arwoo! I would like to give you a warm welcome to the Community! I hope you have a nice stay with us here on the Forums! My name is Ray! and I'm glad that they found a new CM Manager. Happy mapling!

http://imgur.com/a/8YoK8
  • EmilEmil
    Reactions: 1,200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Question for the stream:

+1. Would be great to get some info that isn't as vague as it has been up until now. I think the people in NA reboot would really enjoy having less stress on their reboot server.
  • ArrogantBumArrogantBum
    Reactions: 545
    edited March 2017
    Real question... Melee or Sm4sh? and who do you main?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    Who do you main in smash? Got smash4? Wii U or 3DS?

If 3DS, I will kick your face in.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Most urgent issue I would like you to get to work on:
    The impending removal of direct launch.

This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. It's two weeks away and the Nexon Launcher is far from stable, and lacks some basic functionality (like telling the user they can't log in because they're banned).

Please do whatever is in your power to keep GameLauncher.exe around at least until Nexon Launcher has all its functionality and reliability.

Existing threads on this topic:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10556/upcoming-forced-usage-of-nexon-launcher-annoyance
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10805/now-that-we-know-nexon-doesn-t-use-nexon-launcher/p1
    FennekinIts2Sharp4UBooberpuppyPirateIzzy
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited March 2017
    Now I have a little more time.

Are there any planned changes for the forums? I think the bug section needs a bit of a rework because its a bit of a mess along with the Maple Classifieds.
    Yonax
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Are u going to have contests like the st Patrick's day poetry contest and also have a twitch section ?
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Welcome good to see a new CM we really needed one. My main concern is the upcoming removal of the game launcher as is many other peoples http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10556/upcoming-forced-usage-of-nexon-launcher-annoyance#latest The thread kind of got derailed a bit but the premise is there. It was supposedly forwarded on but the plans still remain to remove it.. But there is just no reason to.... the Nexon launcher doesn't work all the time and it's just extra resources being used. The game launcher works fine now it could just use some tweaking to always stay logged in and have each gateway remember whatever was typed in last. So it would remember my EU account if I went on Europe and it would remember my NA account if I went on NA gateway.

KMS still has a game launcher so should we.

In terms of bug fixes I would like to see kill quest lag fixed mainly as well as Jetts not being able to do the 4th job advancement. Also sometimes buffs don't work and you will have to go in the cash shop or something to make them work again

Last patches have made the game much more stable (Nice work on that , I can't remember when the game was last this stable.) but it can still crash on some occasions like the other day I did a queue for Zakum on Reboot and my game crashed. Everything clickable is much more responsive to!

Also last time I did some party quests they seemed really buggy (I know dragon rider is still) But I think most party quests like kenta ect glitch. But dragon rider is the main one that needs fixing.

Also please don't post trash like memes .... be serious in what you post show some professionalism.. Also please push for more communication from Nexon staff and they need to start listening to us or the game will just crash and burn. Just doing what KMS is isn't always good for GMS.

Oh and ranking images are broken..... have been for awhile for characters.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2017

But this is global maplestory, we don't have to have everything the same way as kms.

Or at least, that's the argument people use when they want something from another region's service that we're unlikely to get ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »

But this is global maplestory, we don't have to have everything the same way as kms.

Or at least, that's the argument people use when they want something from another region's service that we're unlikely to get ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty sure they have a Nexon launcher and a game launcher also..
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2017

Pretty sure they don't have a rampant botting problem in both automated gold farmers and good-for-nothings who can't seem to be bothered to put in the effort to get to 250 or gather mesos for cubes on Reboot legitimately also.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

Pretty sure they don't have a rampant botting problem in both automated gold farmers and good-for-nothings who can't seem to be bothered to put in the effort to get to 250 or gather mesos for cubes on Reboot legitimately also.

So what? They can easily fix that by putting in captchas like kms has /jobdone
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited March 2017
    Welcome to the forums! I hope you're able to get used to things here. I just wish you came about 2 months earlier.
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited March 2017
    Welcome ^^ Good luck :P

For an AMA question -- Any update on VVorld Event rewards? It's a little bit concerning how long it takes to distribute event rewards.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    I will be placing my response above the quotes due to the formatting of our dev posts on the front page.

Addressing all the standing issues is top priority on my list.
    Outside of addressing these issues, I have plans to bring more contests and events both on the forums and in-game.

MapleStory's fashion community is still very huge so I'd also like to revamp our official Tumblr page and keep it focused on styles, player interviews, and perhaps the latest hot topics in-game. While Facebook and Twitter are mostly used for keeping players updated with what's new, I'd like Tumblr to be more about what's going on in the game and the community.

For livestreams I have plans to start a series of "Teach me how to..." and spotlight members in the community to highlight pros and cons of classes they're experts with. I had a hard time trying to find recent day guides so I hope this would be helpful for returning payers when it comes to selecting a class.

This is just a small sample of ideas that I'm planning of course!
    While I can't promise they'll all make it through, I have many more ideas for the future.
    However, since you just got into the hot seat this will be my question. What are the first few things (that you can say) you're planning to do as a Community Manager for MapleStory?

We're currently in discussions ni regards to the Reboot EU server.
    I will keep you guys informed when I have further updates on this topic.
    Emil wrote: »
    Question for the stream:

+1. Would be great to get some info that isn't as vague as it has been up until now. I think the people in NA reboot would really enjoy having less stress on their reboot server.

I am planning a forum restructure for next week. A number of the sections on these forums aren't used much at all and I'd like to introduce some new sections as well.
    Cleaning up these forums is absolutely on the high end of my priority list!
    Okhura wrote: »
    Now I have a little more time.

Are there any planned changes for the forums? I think the bug section needs a bit of a rework because its a bit of a mess along with the Maple Classifieds.

We will have an update on the status of the VVorld Record event along with the rewards next week unless something comes up.
    Apologies on the very long delay for this particular event!

ShyAlly wrote: »
    Welcome ^^ Good luck :P

For an AMA question -- Any update on VVorld Event rewards? It's a little bit concerning how long it takes to distribute event rewards.

I played both Melee and Brawl (I know exactly why you didn't list Brawl ahahaha!) I mained Marth in Melee, SNake/Lucario in Brawl, and Corrin in S4.
    Real question... Melee or Sm4sh? and who do you main?

^^^^^ I have a Wii U. Looks like my face is safe from your foot!
    Who do you main in smash? Got smash4? Wii U or 3DS?

If 3DS, I will kick your face in.

With the direct launch being removed announcement I've seen many of the concerns over this decision.

However, I can assure you that because we're moving to a more centralized method of launching MapleStory, that we will be making huge improvements to the launcher. Not just the launcher, but the patching system as well since many players have made reports that the game forces the client to be patched on numerous occasions.

Despite this, if players are still unable to access the game, please let our CS team know and they'll do everything within their power to make sure you're able to get back into the game.
    AKradian wrote: »
    Most urgent issue I would like you to get to work on:
    The impending removal of direct launch.

This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. It's two weeks away and the Nexon Launcher is far from stable, and lacks some basic functionality (like telling the user they can't log in because they're banned).

Please do whatever is in your power to keep GameLauncher.exe around at least until Nexon Launcher has all its functionality and reliability.

Existing threads on this topic:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10556/upcoming-forced-usage-of-nexon-launcher-annoyance
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10805/now-that-we-know-nexon-doesn-t-use-nexon-launcher/p1

I will have many contests! As a huge fan of creativity, I will be sure to put this community's creativity to the test!
    Are u going to have contests like the st Patrick's day poetry contest and also have a twitch section ?
    NyaraAggraphineOneLetterTwizzzlersIts2Sharp4UPerceptivityGoldAdventurerInvulgo
This discussion has been closed.