[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

A Proposal that needs your support.

CindereIIaCindereIIa
Reactions: 470
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Recently, a few Arcane weapons had leaked into the server under unknown and illegal third party methods. Due to this mischievous activity, these weapons were made available for purchase in game and were roaming around FM free market. Due to the high demands of these weapons, some of our most valuable players with the resources and funds to obtain these weapons-- legally in game, has caused them to lose their account permanently.

The reason for their permanent ban was due to "participation of exploits".

Our valued players were accused of terminating ToS, although they had no idea that they had made purchased of an item that was made illegally. Down below, I had reached out to Nexon and scratched up a Proposal. The second image consist of their response. I am attempting to make a thread with the advice they had given me in hope that it would catch Nexon MapleStory Game Master's attention. As a community, our voices should be heard. Please help me, help your friends get unbanned. Thanks.

[img][/img]CvKai
imgur.com/a/CvKai

NhySP
imgur.com/a/NhySP

JettLuvsUShaWaterChristinaKokeeDulcisJollyTacosorluiBertneybabyteeAccessand 3 others.

Comments

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Well, this is sad.
  • Dorel22Dorel22
    Reactions: 275
    edited March 2017
    Nexon should help their players , and not treat them In disrespectful way.
    Nexon should just delete the arcane weps and release the players that got perm ban.
    It's not their fault and they defently don't need to take any responsibility or blame on that.
    It's Nexon problem that they let hackers hacks and don't prevent exploit in time.
    May God be with these poor players.
    CindereIIajustsomeoneJettLuvsUtrapibabyteesorluiBooberpuppySecretSnow
  • ChristinaChristina
    Reactions: 495
    edited March 2017
    Nexon u banned the most nice people in game and they also most nx buyers , plz unlock their accounts #freewater
    CindereIIajustsomeonetrapibabyteesorluiBooberpuppySecretSnow
  • Riin3xRiin3x
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited March 2017
    Nexon, I've been a player of maplestory since beta. That is a little over eleven years. Hearing that you're banning people who even TOUCHED the weapon is just plain ridiculous. You banned a ton of people who have always played fair and truthfully, including three of my friends who just did so much as touch the weapon. That shouldn't be a reason to ban, because they don't have the weapon anymore; they just held it in their inventories for a few minutes and then was rid of it. It isn't fair to those who are still working hard to get the weapon. Why was banning an answer? Deleltion was another option but obviously banning was the easier way of doing things.

Un-ban the people who meant no harm in just holding an exploit weapon. It just isn't fair to them at all.
    CindereIIaDulcistrapibabyteesorluiBooberpuppySecretSnowUserRed
  • justsomeonejustsomeone
    Reactions: 515
    edited March 2017
    NEXON do know to ignore exploits when they want to.
    Only recently NEXON ignored and did not ban, even for a second, players who did severe exploits in game that gave them huge advantage on other players.
    Due to many precedents from the past, I do agree that NEXON should release a group of good loyal players that are important to the community.
    CindereIIatrapibabytee
  • CindereIIaCindereIIa
    edited March 2017
    Riin3x wrote: »
    Nexon, I've been a player of maplestory since beta. That is a little over eleven years. Hearing that you're banning people who even TOUCHED the weapon is just plain ridiculous. You banned a ton of people who have always played fair and truthfully, including three of my friends who just did so much as touch the weapon. That shouldn't be a reason to ban, because they don't have the weapon anymore; they just held it in their inventories for a few minutes and then was rid of it. It isn't fair to those who are still working hard to get the weapon. Why was banning an answer? Deleltion was another option but obviously banning was the easier way of doing things.

Un-ban the people who meant no harm in just holding an exploit weapon. It just isn't fair to them at all.

^ This needs to be quoted.
    trapiUserRed
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I have a hard time believing that players who were so godly and rich did not know that the items they were buying were illicitly obtained.

Can people get so powerful and rich in-game, legitimately, and still remain so willfully ignorant of the mechanics of the new boss that they didn't know Lucid hadn't been out long enough for anyone to get her equipment legitimately?
    Can anyone play this game for so many years and still be unaware that hackers always beat bosses first?
    Can people be major merchants in their server and not know who the legit boss runners are and who are hackers?

Perhaps you are right that perma-bans are too much, and they should just lose the equipment and get a warning temp ban. But claiming that they were all completely innocently buying something that just showed up in FM and looked shiny, is just a wee bit disingenuous.
    JettLuvsUFennekinMegaScienceShippouLovingNighttrapiCatoooloooMambicUserRedSkyTheDestroyerand 4 others.
  • KokeeKokee
    Reactions: 660
    edited March 2017
    im perm banned for cubing my friends weapon with leftover bcubes?
    nexon refuse to tell me exactly why im banned so im guessing this is it?
    what changes did that do? did i get any kind of benefits?
    ty for ban after spending 600-800, sometimes 1k every month.
    push every suspect under the same rock and guilty until u can prove you are innocent pretty much
    Dulcissorlui
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    So let me see if I am understanding this correctly.

There have been reports of hackers/exploiters abusing the Arcane Symbols exploit(this is the exploit that gives cheaters lv 15 symbols) and also about the Hacked skills(allows you to use any skill/buff to increase you range extremely high). This began like 1-2 months ago? So instead of pursuing the people who CAUSED the Arcane Weapons to be released in the first place, Nexon instead went after the people who bought the weapons? This makes absolutely NO sense to me.

I feel bad for anyone who got banned due to Nexon's incompetence.
    CindereIIajustsomeoneJettLuvsUDorel22babyteesorluiBooberpuppyUserRedLilyflower
  • CindereIIaCindereIIa
    edited March 2017
    So let me see if I am understanding this correctly.

There have been reports of hackers/exploiters abusing the Arcane Symbols exploit(this is the exploit that gives cheaters lv 15 symbols) and also about the Hacked skills(allows you to use any skill/buff to increase you range extremely high). This began like 1-2 months ago? So instead of pursuing the people who CAUSED the Arcane Weapons to be released in the first place, Nexon instead went after the people who bought the weapons? This makes absolutely NO sense to me.

I feel bad for anyone who got banned due to Nexon's incompetence.

Yes. My point exactly. The people who made the weapon are still roaming around our servers freely, and continue to release things that shouldn't in to the game. While, innocent players take punishments for it. Doesn't make any sense at all.

justsomeone
  • ChristinaChristina
    Reactions: 495
    edited March 2017
    Riin3x wrote: »

CindereIIaDulcisDorel22
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    We've had Lucid since January 4th. It takes 24 Lucid clears to get one weapon.

How is it Nexon's fault these people were stupid enough to buy obviously hacked/duped weapons?

And before people come and try to either defend their idiot friends, or tell me how wrong and "toxic" I am and how Nexon needs to ban hackers better or something like that, save it, because I don't care. We've had Lucid for 15 weeks and, again, it takes 24 clears for one person to get one weapon. It's not Nexon's fault people were stupid enough to buy things that were blatantly hacked or duped.
    JettLuvsUFennekintrapiUserRedSkyTheDestroyerMambicgvnalmanza
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    As stated earlier in the thread, at this point nobody should have arcane equipment yet. it sounds a bit .... odd that such funded people wouldn't know they were illegitimately obtained.

Remember to be safe and research what your buying in the free market everyone.
    JettLuvsUtrapiSkyTheDestroyer
  • KokeeKokee
    Reactions: 660
    edited March 2017
    not that my situation is the same as i only touched it, but i didnt know it was duped/hacked because i dont do lucid.
    some players just dont want spoilers
    Dulcis
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    A permaban for even coming into contact with the weapon might be a bit much, but let's be honest... anyone that did come into contact with one was probably knowingly breaking the ToS, whether it be through real-world trading (I'm assuming those weaps are worth more than max meso, and that they paid for it with nx/pp like pretty much everything worth 50x max mesos) or transferring/storing the items for the hackers. Both fall under "participation of exploits", the former participating as a buyer and the latter participating as an accomplice.

I also have huuuuuge doubts that anyone with "the resources and funds to obtain these weapons" had no idea that the items were hacked/duped...

The only ones that shouldn't have been banned (if this group even exists) are strangers that acquired one through innocent means. Like if a hacker dropped a bunch of them in Henesys ch1 and a bunch of bystanders looted them. I remember hearing a few people getting banned cuz some guy got hacked and started dropping expensive stuff in public and they looted some of it. Might be a hoax, but if it were true, then that's sorta bs lol. Like, if someone drops expensive stuff, I'm gonna spam Z like a madman...
  • justsomeonejustsomeone
    Reactions: 515
    edited March 2017
    The issue here is NEXON's reaction to this case > perm ban, compare to their reaction to other exploits in game > usually nothing at all.
    While those players lost their accounts, the server / game is full of hackers that are not banned even for a second.
    CindereIIa
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    Ahoy! I've forwarded this concern to our CS team, but here's what I've gathered.

Players who purchased the weapons were not permabanned. Accounts that had a hand in creating the weapons were banned.
    Our team made sure to only delete the weapon from those who purchased the weapons and not ban their account.

I cannot investigate how true these claims are:
    CindereIIa wrote: »
    has caused them to lose their account permanently.

Our valued players were accused of terminating ToS, although they had no idea that they had made purchased of an item that was made illegally.

However, a permanent ban was not the proper protocol for dealing with players who purchased the weapons.
    Please have the players submit a ticket to our Customer Support team for further investigation.

Thank you!
    CindereIIaDorel22
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    I'm not condoning purchasing illegit items. And I'm sure some of those banned knew these items were obtained illegitimately, however, don't you guys think it's somewhat unfair to permanently ban them without a warning or a way to get their account back when actual hackers usually get away with hacking and sometimes even get unbanned? Hackers only cheat and damage the game while these 'pros' at least dump their money into Nexon's pocket. Seems quite redundant to cut off the hand that feeds you.

Soooo: Hackers hack an item and sell to pros(who spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars a month on this game), then nexon bans the pros and keeps the hackers so they can continue this cycle. Seems legit
    KokeebabyteeLilyflower
  • CindereIIaCindereIIa
    edited March 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Ahoy! I've forwarded this concern to our CS team, but here's what I've gathered.

Players who purchased the weapons were not permabanned. Accounts that had a hand in creating the weapons were banned.
    Our team made sure to only delete the weapon from those who purchased the weapons and not ban their account.

I cannot investigate how true these claims are:
    CindereIIa wrote: »
    has caused them to lose their account permanently.

Our valued players were accused of terminating ToS, although they had no idea that they had made purchased of an item that was made illegally.

However, a permanent ban was not the proper protocol for dealing with players who purchased the weapons.
    Please have the players submit a ticket to our Customer Support team for further investigation.

Thank you!

Thank you for all your support CM. But I can verify your claims. I was one of the few peoples who bought these weapons. And also the ONLY one out of these people that were able to get unbanned. I can assure you that we had no link to the creation of these weapons. And I am also working very hard with the MS team to get this issue resolved. I just hope that we can get the support of the community. Again, thank you; every effort and words of consideration is much appreciate.
  • lnfaredlnfared
    Reactions: 340
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    We've had Lucid since January 4th. It takes 24 Lucid clears to get one weapon.

How is it Nexon's fault these people were stupid enough to buy obviously hacked/duped weapons?

And before people come and try to either defend their idiot friends, or tell me how wrong and "toxic" I am and how Nexon needs to ban hackers better or something like that, save it, because I don't care. We've had Lucid for 15 weeks and, again, it takes 24 clears for one person to get one weapon. It's not Nexon's fault people were stupid enough to buy things that were blatantly hacked or duped.

I honestly can't agree more. While I feel for you and your friends, they are complete idiots because most of them are high level members of community and I'm willing to bet none of them have a clean slate. They ACTIVELY participated in something they knew was wrong and got punished for it. If they wanna play again tell them to make a new accounts. Plus less retarded smegas. So that's a thumbs up in my book.
    trapi
This discussion has been closed.