[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

A Proposal that needs your support.

Comments

• ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    sorlui wrote: »
    i too have been playing this game since beta and in my own opinion, this is an unjust / unfair ban. from what I understand, nexon banned them due to participating in the exploit of these arcane weapons. however, instead of investigating it further, there was just a chain ban of whoever was holding the item for even just a second.
    nexon should just track down the person/people who were involved in "hacking", and have them banned and delete the item(s) that were obtained from this process.

The only way someone would "hold the item for even just a second" is if they were involved in some way.
    These things weren't cheap and they weren't on the market to just any noob innocently walking around the FM one day.
    Everyone that touched these weapons knew exactly that they were illicitly obtained. This facade needs to stop.

A perma ban for those that only bought might be excessive, but from what the CS team is telling the CM and then telling us, it seems like they only banned those that were involved. I'm inclined to believe them given the shady nature of how these items were sold.
    trapiPirateIzzy
  • BringTheHoesBringTheHoes
    Reactions: 105
    edited March 2017
    Im going to have to agree with this proposal. I believe a perma-ban is much too harsh of a punishment for the players affected. A 30 day ban would be much more reasonable. Nexon seems to be a little too harsh with this one.
    trapi
  • SwafSwaf
    Reactions: 505
    edited March 2017
    #FreeWater

Just delete the weapon and unbanned the people

#Freewater
    trapi
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Reactions: 2,075
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    These arcance weapons are somehow released in game and nexon won't ban these players? Please tell me why. I've seen let me think... 20-30 people with these weapons? Smega them and say omg Lucid dropped this for me? Like seriously common we know you hack or someone hacked it for you. These players need a real punishment. Like hackers get punished. A perm ban. Also Maplestory is losing popularity from These rich players not getting banned when they deserve it. Buying NX with mesos against ToS like Misterpang and Also it's crazy. When a low level or a non nx buying customer or client buys nx or dupes and item or even has a hacked item in game. They get banned without talking to the community. Gets banned without recognition and gets banned without nobody knowing. but if Misterpang or Doudy got banned everyone would be like OMG please unban him he didn't know what he was doing or something.. People are smarter than you think.
    trapi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Riin3x wrote: »
    Nexon, I've been a player of maplestory since beta. That is a little over eleven years. Hearing that you're banning people who even TOUCHED the weapon is just plain ridiculous. You banned a ton of people who have always played fair and truthfully, including three of my friends who just did so much as touch the weapon. That shouldn't be a reason to ban, because they don't have the weapon anymore; they just held it in their inventories for a few minutes and then was rid of it. It isn't fair to those who are still working hard to get the weapon. Why was banning an answer? Deleltion was another option but obviously banning was the easier way of doing things.

Un-ban the people who meant no harm in just holding an exploit weapon. It just isn't fair to them at all.

Actually this shouldn't be quoted. Okay if anyone remembers after Big Bang. xTcB0ss and DOTCurrency who are now banned for duping and selling the items in FM illegally gaining power over all. Now non of the players got a ban because there was about 300-600 hacked items. Also the 301 attack cravens and Stone Tooth swords. People lost those items and most got a perm ban. People should be banned for touching these weapons as if they seen it doesn't drop by lucid then that means it isn't out yet. You cannot obtain the item yet. Most of these people are from a guild called Studio in Scania. These people are just agreeing with their friends in order to keep the guild alive and their asses unbanned. People who touched the weapon for more than an hour should be banned. You know what you are doing when accepting in illegally obtained item. If you didn't know that it drop's from Lucid. Then you must be a noob at the game or someone gave you the item for free. Which didn't happened. These people sold these weapons all over the servers gaining real CASH and not in game mesos. I heard someone was selling or 665$ in scania. Someone bought it the next day. Those people should be banned and nothing further than that. Anyone who touched or even wanted to wear the weapon should've been banned. Nobody understands maplestory more than a lot of other legit players. All these riches walking around thinking they're the king of Maplestory and owns nexon.
    I see atleast 5 megaphones a day saying look at this. Frenzy nice. With +3 stats. Can you say uh du u u pped?
    Seriously nexon get a control on this forum and on these players who are trying to take over maplestory to just get it shut down in the future.
    trapi
  • Seventeen38Seventeen38
    Reactions: 310
    edited March 2017
    The fact that the OP said to ignore anybody who disagrees shows how much of a joke this really is lmao

You guys got what was coming to you
    trapiCatoooloooJettLuvsUalex7AhriannaPirateIzzy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    CindereIIa wrote: »

Hmm again these are so fake. Legit players, Pro players didn't know it was a hacked item? Anyone doesn't just get to buy this. Again pro players can only buy this. Also none of these were bought with mesos which is against ToS. If you have proof of buying these weapons with mesos i would seriously love proof.
    Anyway's before entering the game you accept this long Script called ToS. Terms Of Service. Violating most of these will indeed cause permanent ban.
    Now you said and i quote "It had caught the attention of many godly players who had the resources and funds to make fair trades for these items."
    Now that's what you said. Those resources where not in game items, but instead cold hard cash. Outside of the game which is Against ToS.
    You also said
    "Now instead of permanently banning innocent players who had not terminated the Terms Of Service, for simply purchasing an item made availaible to them, I suggest a proposal; rather then banning players who had devoted their time and money into the game."
    Now let me tell you this. People who spend their life on maplestory and all the cash they receieve everything month on a pixelated game is not Nexon's fault rather your own. You have a problem. Secondly, They did violate Terms Of Service by buying items that weren't released into game yet. Thirdly, you said they shut down the server not once, not twice, but three times. Now on the 2nd and 3rd time did you still have the item? Did you inform nexon that you have an illegal item and would love for it to be removed from you inventory? no you simply said haha they forgot mine.
    Also did you try to throw it away or even blow it up? Nope probably try to sell it to someone else or kept it.
    They also said on the forums, which i cannot find the thread.

"There has been duped items in the game called arcance weapons for which has not been released yet."
    Now you are on the forums a lot if you had time to post something. Atleast check it if not. Anyways they also have maintenance updates... With patch notes that said it. So if you didn't try to remove it or even tell nexon about it. that is your fault. Should've gotten rid of it the first Server check they did.
    Simple Ban them. Move on. They will create another account and spend more cash than ever.

trapialex7
  • yawnsyawns
    Reactions: 405
    edited March 2017
    Perma ban is ridiculous. I've seen complaints about people helping friends cubing up these weapons and still being banned. What's to say these players aren't just helping friends or they "found it" cause someone was bragging? Can Nexon provide the burden of proof? Or better yet, all these vindictive children?

They've already set up the precedent year after year that these "dupe" / "exploited" items would end up deleted(unless it is mass exploited like nebs). You know this. We know this. I'm glad a CM is speaking up and saying that's not protocol.

trapi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Hey @Cinderalla It's funny how your not bragging about a GM not going to ban you and telling all of Sca to help all these hackers and dupers get unbanned.

-Removed for naming-shaming-
  • SnowieeSnowiee
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited March 2017
    Aaaand this is why Reboot is better.
    MisterPENGUIN
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    This needs to be quoted ^^
    No this needs to be quoted rofl.
    Hope you get banned Cinderella
    -Removed for language-
    trapi
  • trapitrapi
    Reactions: 345
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    If the OP refuses to respond is because she knows she is not right, simply Cinderella has no arguments.
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    It's funny seeing all these people making accounts on the forum just to post here.
    Call me skeptical, but I think OP's friends got called to come dogpile the thread to try to bury all the backlash.

To be clear, I don't know the specifics about anyone's bans, but if you truly believe your ban was unjust, take it up in a ban appeal ticket. It's clear that the intention of this thread was to try to manufacture outrage to attempt to get Nexon to cave, rather than go through the proper channels.
    trapiCatoooloooIts2Sharp4Ualex7AhriannaBasuraSlicedTimePhantomMasterThiefBladeSusanoo
  • CindereIIaCindereIIa
    Reactions: 470
    edited March 2017
    vTwisted1x wrote: »
    Hey @Cinderalla It's funny how your not bragging about a GM not going to ban you and telling all of Sca to help all these hackers and dupers get unbanned.

Lol, youre funny. Trying to get me banned with these screenshots. The link that I smega in game is an actually link that is supported by Nexon themselves. If you actually took the time to click the second link of the SS that I provided. The advice and the ideas to let this issue be known was provided by at GM himself. So nice try kid.
    trapi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Can this be uhm Quoted as well?
    trapi
  • CindereIIaCindereIIa
    Reactions: 470
    edited March 2017
    Can this be uhm Quoted as well?

You cut off everything else to make it seem like im guilty. Again nice try. My account has already been reviewed. Please stop harassing me in game and on my on thread. I will report you now. Thank you.
    trapi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

Lol, youre funny. Trying to get me banned with these screenshots. The link that I smega in game is an actually link that is supported by Nexon themselves. If you actually took the time to click the second link of the SS that I provided. The advice and the ideas to let this issue be known was provided by at GM himself. So nice try kid.
    Kid trying to get you banned in game? You sound illiterate. Do you know this? I was showing nexon what's going on game. Also that your talking trash by saying Ruth cares so much about my forum & your guild is known for botting for levels? Hmm that isn't supposed to be released in game. Only through support by nexon. But hey again you must be a hacker or duper trying to get unbanned.

trapi
  • lnfaredlnfared
    Reactions: 340
    edited March 2017
    This needs to be quoted ^^
    No this needs to be quoted rofl.
    Hope you get banned Cinderella
    -Removed for language-

God bless people like you.

The part I dislike about this whole thing is the fact they ALL know what they did wrong and I've seen screen shots of them admitting to buying weapons for USD but telling each other to play it off like they didn't to the public.

Some people who cubed the weapons for their friends probably shouldn't be banned, but the rest of them that actively took part in purchasing and using the weapons for their own personal benefit deserve the hammer. Situations like this go unnoticed by the public and Nexon far too often and these members of the community get away with murder constantly. I hope the fact that this 5th job content is so important to the future of the game, puts it in perspective for the rest of the community just how far these players will go to abuse the system then claim they are the ones trying to fix it.
    CatoooloooShippouAhrianna
  • LenLen
    Reactions: 205
    edited March 2017
    #FreeDante
    trapi
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Okay, this is getting out of hand. This thread has degraded into mudslinging and random accusations with completely improper language for this game and for these forums.

The forums are not the place to report people, and this thread is a prime example as to why that rule is in place. Please report people via the ticket system if you must do so.

I'm locking this thread before it gets even further out of hand. You have an official response on the subject, please refer to that.
    JettLuvsUKeyan the EvantrapiAhria
This discussion has been closed.