[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please restore user access to the old forums

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9753/closing-old-forums-1-31-2017

TL;DR: These current forums were opened in September 2016. Before that we had a different forum system for several years. The old forums contain much history and many useful threads and posts. The old forums were closed to public access at the end of January 2017, but we're told Nexon has kept them for internal reference.
I respectfully request that public access (read-only, of course) be restored. All content in those forums was generated by users or for users, so there should be nothing company-confidential about them.
ShippouBooberpuppyFennekinUzume

Comments

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    The problem with maintaining display is upkeep. You recall the forum was somewhat jury-rigged to function due to being iframed in from a central forum site. You'd usually hear of a user having some issue loading it, being unable to view on phones, etc. I've seen in the past that as browsers change, older pages with odd coding start to break (I've had a lot of trouble with depreciated iframe interaction logic), so to maintain the old forum pages would mean having to keep an eye on it to be sure nothing breaks.

I know you wouldn't like my given excuse, but nevertheless it is a somewhat valid concern. There are more issues I'm sure others could establish better than me.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    If they're still usable for Nexon's employees, they should still be usable for us.
    They can put in a big disclaimer that those forums are available "as is" for archive purposes and etc.
    If they break, they break. But there's no reason to lock them off before that.
    Not like they ever tried to fix them while they were our only tool, anyway. Nexon doesn't "upkeep" what it doesn't want to, and nobody can force them to.

On a personal note, regarding your last sentence: you and Neospector do an excellent job of coming up with excuses why Nexon does things they don't bother to explain to us. But now we have a CM, so you don't have to speculate anymore. Unless you have been informed of the real reason and allowed to share it with us, please leave it to CM @Arwoo to respond.
    BooberpuppyshavitBrianSenseiUzume
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Still waiting for anyone from Nexon to comment on this.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited March 2017
    I'd like this. I tried to get all I could, but unfortunately was not able to get all of them due to there being so many.

I know the chances of this actually happening are low but now that we have a CM I really hope a change of heart can be made.