[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher broken path

ManiOhManiOh
Reactions: 2,155
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Tech Support
Nexon Launcher makes me download maple in wrong path and cant edit final destination
( i have maplesotry downloaded allready in worked just fine last few days in path-->C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata) why today makes me download again?

i cant edit the undefined folder i can just edit the path where to put that folder ;(

PLEASE FIX THE NEXON LAUNCHER !
avEFo9m.jpg

Comments

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I'd just try uninstalling and reinstalling Nexon Launcher.
    That's what I do whenever it starts buggin around.
    Though, I've never had your problem, so sorry if this doesn't help. ;;
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I'd just try uninstalling and reinstalling Nexon Launcher.
    That's what I do whenever it starts buggin around.
    Though, I've never had your problem, so sorry if this doesn't help. ;;

ye its oke thanks for tips i will try that aswell allways works when other problems happends just wanted to point out that over time gets broken

but this time this type of isssue happend for first time usually there is fake verify that dosnt read the default path wich allways gets solved with reinstall

but now not only that dosnt read the default path it makes me download in some new folder... i will try reinstall now and hope works ;(

also wanted to point that nexon sould consider keeping gamelauncher for a bit untill this kind of issues gets fixed
    JettLuvsU
  • OneLastTimeOneLastTime
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2017
    So i was having problems with the nexon launcher. I decided to uninstall and reinstall the launcher ( i still kept the game ) and eventually the launcher forced me to download the whole game again which is wasting time.

What i did was i still clicked download game and changed the installation location to the old game location with the exact same name. For example my maple is at: D:\games\maplestory , I will click change folder, find the location at D:\games and click "download now". As the default name of maple installation file is "maplestory", it will automatically detect ad replace the missing files. This download just took me 5 secs.

Hope this help for anyone having problem with NX launcher and have to reinstall it without having to download the game again.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    So i was having problems with the nexon launcher. I decided to uninstall and reinstall the launcher ( i still kept the game ) and eventually the launcher forced me to download the whole game again which is wasting time.

What i did was i still clicked download game and changed the installation location to the old game location with the exact same name. For example my maple is at: D:\games\maplestory , I will click change folder, find the location at D:\games and click "download now". As the default name of maple installation file is "maplestory", it will automatically detect ad replace the missing files. This download just took me 5 secs.

Hope this help for anyone having problem with NX launcher and have to reinstall it without having to download the game again.

yes exact same and many other faced this problem because nexon launcher brokes often so i made this as you said to help the trouble of download again
    also often that change folder to read from all other partitions brokes aswell and only reads the default (C:... path)

http://www.labyrinthems.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11352936&p=39103174&gid=353433#39103174