[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple VVorld Record Event Rewards

Comments

• Agent_DragonfuryAgent_Dragonfury
    Reactions: 590
    edited March 2017
    Why don't they just use the package deliverer NPC to deliver event rewards?
  • KaraxxKaraxx
    Reactions: 910
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Thats just sad
  • MrHellbannMrHellbann
    Reactions: 780
    edited March 2017
    Waiting until 2018
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    MrHellbann wrote: »
    Waiting until 2018

Arwoo said we would have an update and the rewards this week.
    I assume it will be in tomorrow's maintenance.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    "Rewards will be distributed to the players that have achieved the top Maple VVorld Records. Please claim your reward by clicking the gift box icon on the left side of the screen before 11:59 PM PDT on April 15, 2017."

Today maintenance:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/21229/scheduled-maintenance-march-16-2017
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    rrPv7ed.jpg

JettLuvsUMegaScience
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited March 2017
    They are now released from yesterday's maintenance! Props to the release by savageace and CM Arwoo!
  • MrHellbannMrHellbann
    edited March 2017
    Some of my friends didn't get their rewards. I'm guessing nexon didn't hand out all of them yet or messed it up.
    Thread from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5zsmh1/i_no_longer_want_to_play_this_game/?st=J0FMITA0&sh=47ce2843
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    Some of my friends didn't get their rewards. I'm guessing nexon didn't hand out all of them yet or messed it up.
    Thread from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5zsmh1/i_no_longer_want_to_play_this_game/?st=J0FMITA0&sh=47ce2843

Meh...i doubt Id be able to prove my record holding...but not the only one :T It sux c uz I really want some maple points.
  • NoSkillKidNoSkillKid
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited March 2017
    Looks like Nexon won't reward players who got their record taken after the World Record event ended (after the UI was removed).

This is most likely because they don't have records themselves to see who was 2nd or 3rd, and so they can't reward players who were 1st but had their record taken after the event was over. It looks like Nexon is also not taking screenshot evidence because they are unwilling to reward players who do have evidence of holding the title after the event ended.

I was looking forward to the rewards but apparently I too had my record taken after the event was over, and after speaking with a GM and confirming that I did not hold that title when the rewards were distributed (after providing screenshot evidence that I did hold a record title after the event ended), it looks like I won't be getting any rewards.
  • PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 940
    edited March 2017
    Thank you nexon for 300k MP <3
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    I think the next time Nexon runs a contest like this, the moment the time runs out, they bop everyone off the servers like they do for a Server check.... heck that'd be the perfect time to end a contest like that. This way people can't keep the UI open to continue getting their time or kills counted as Pharrett pointed out in the Redditt forum. Thank you for the suggestion Pharrett.

What seemed to have happened basically boiled down to people were in a pie eating contest, the horn blew to tell the contestants to stop eating pies for the counting and a few figured a way to keep the pie dispenser open to eat more and more pies and then get the extra pies counted by the judges at the end of the day.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Once again cheaters prevent us from having nice things.
  • MrHellbannMrHellbann
    edited March 2017
    I think the next time Nexon runs a contest like this, the moment the time runs out, they bop everyone off the servers like they do for a Server check.... heck that'd be the perfect time to end a contest like that. This way people can't keep the UI open to continue getting their time or kills counted as Pharrett pointed out in the Redditt forum. Thank you for the suggestion Pharrett.

What seemed to have happened basically boiled down to people were in a pie eating contest, the horn blew to tell the contestants to stop eating pies for the counting and a few figured a way to keep the pie dispenser open to eat more and more pies and then get the extra pies counted by the judges at the end of the day.

They should bring back the SAO event. It is the BIS medal in the game.

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

They should bring back the SAO event. It is the BIS medal in the game.

Alternatively, stop nerfing medals brought in from other regions.
  • PharrettPharrett
    edited March 2017
    What needs to be fixed is Nexon, and its as easy as PLAY YOUR OWN DAMN GAME.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    We forwarded this issue and had it investigated.
    There were numerous reports of players claiming they had held a certain record so we made sure to look into each category.

Players who had lost their record after the event's conclusion will receive their reward within a near future maintenance if not this week's. Thank you guys for bringing this to our attention.
    MegaScience
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    @Arwoo Doesn't that mean that there were in fact logs of "runner ups" if you were able to verify previous record holders? Was this information not accessible for records where cheaters ultimately got disqualified?
    JettLuvsU
  • PharrettPharrett
    edited March 2017
    Ayyyy good on ya, someone tell dor
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    @Arwoo Doesn't that mean that there were in fact records of "runner ups" if you were able to verify previous record holders? Was this information not accessible for records where cheaters ultimately got disqualified?

What we have are records of players and the exact moment when they acquired the record.

However, say a certain record category was being held by an illegitimate player.
    Because the illegitimate player's record could not be surpassed, there would be no record of who placed below them.

While the player who had previously held the record before the illegitimate player could technically be the runner up, there could have been the possibility of their record having been beat, but not logged. This is due to landing between the previous record holder's record and the illegitimate player's record.

Thankfully though, this information was enough to allow us to see which players actually held the record before the cutoff date.