[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How active are your GMs on your server?

2Short2Post2Short2Post
Reactions: 640
edited March 2017 in General Chat
Is it me I don't see GMs actually doing anything.
I'm not here to discuss people cheating, but rather the active support staff that nexon has in game.

There's 5 people cheating in pianus at any given time.
There's also a 24x blaze wizard blatantly cheating in lach that doesn't even cc? He's been there 2 weeks 24-7...
People are even cheating in oz now.

I hope it's not 2 month for some non ccing 245 blaster to get banned. But, this is beginning to affect my gameplay , when GMs on my server is not being active

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    GMs? Active?

That's something I actually don't believe in. Aside from events I have never encountered a visible GM.

Reporting via in-game or through customer support feels like it does nothing but I try to when I have the chance.

Since hacks aren't really permanently patched and only "band-aided" which causes a few days inconvenience for it to be updated on the fly, and account creation being incredibly simple there's no really opposing force against hackers. They control the training grounds, rankings, item existence, and markets.

The only anti-hack measures I've seen are the ones that only affects legitimate people. Add on the insane amount of lag at certain times and the absolutely broken progression ladder for damage which is the reason why some people hack.

Many people, including me have said that something needs to be done about it, but there has been no true budge from Nexon America to reinforce anything in these situations. It's quite disappointing yet not surprising.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    We've almost never seen a GM on bellocan outside of the events where they have to show up.

We did see a GM afk in the fm entrance doing nothing once.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I understand that in EMS they used to have these mythical beings called Effective GMs, who kept the server clean of cheaters and also helped players with other issues.

Much like Veracent, this is something GMS did not have, and Luna had to lose, too, in the migration.

Nexon keeps reassuring us that GMs exist and are patrolling, invisibly, 24/7. Maybe that's so. But they are definitely not there in sufficient force to even handle all player reports, much less catch the hordes of nameless unreported bots.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I understand that in EMS they used to have these mythical beings called Effective GMs, who kept the server clean of cheaters and also helped players with other issues.

Much like Veracent, this is something GMS did not have, and Luna had to lose, too, in the migration.

Nexon keeps reassuring us that GMs exist and are patrolling, invisibly, 24/7. Maybe that's so. But they are definitely not there in sufficient force to even handle all player reports, much less catch the hordes of nameless unreported bots.

Once in a blue moon...you will see GM Rarukia in Reboot...doing nothing.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I think Reboot is definitely the most watched of the servers.

That's quite silly if true. Reboot is the server which should have the least attention.

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    The difference is that if you cheat in reboot you're not ruining the economy or affecting other players* so it doesn't make sense to have a high amount of GM resources used on a server like that.

*There are exceptions of course, DC hacking people and so on.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    JettLuvsU
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    July wrote: »

"Pretty sure" -gets dced for "hacking"- I wonder if I worked as a GM...would I get one of them hats?
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    server :Luna
    there is some GM,rare showup ( maybe because timezone) ...LF>europe GM
    but those that rare come dosnt do much work ;(
    am not sure if baning spamers in fm/ardent (very rare) count... so ye thats it from their "activity"

ps: i know they have invisible thing so we cant see them (but am talking with clear facts when you see same botter for a month with lots of defame in same map doing same or in market with all those css/spells and such isn't obvious enough ?)
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited March 2017
    They're definitely not available to keep the top ranks clean of actual player botters and hackers. Not just gold farmers who are trying to make a living. Player hackers imo > gold farming botters. Player hackers not only have the potential to make far more they are the ones ruining the market the most atm. All those elite boss items you see in FM? Those are from players mostly.

Since the V update Nexon has allowed 7-8 players who HACK and bot to hit lvl250 with more on the way. I've said this a few times now but it really needs to be pointed out constantly. This is simply unacceptable and one of the reasons I have sorta given up. I really really tried hard to get these cheaters banned. But Nexon support is getting worse and their GMs, despite saying they are present simply are not.

Most of the reports for these hackers that hit 250 were reported 3-4 months in ADVANCE. That is a HUGE time period they had to resolve the issue. I would let them off if it was like 1 or 2 days, but 3-4 months and followed up by multiple reports after? They always tell you the same thing. "This player is on our watch list". All this translates to me is this player is on a list we do not regularly check or check at ALL. It baffles me and everyone I know how people can get away with hacking almost 24/7 or at least 12 hours + a day and still reach 250. I really can't believe it. It's almost as if you are purposely letting them get away with it which I'd hate to think.

So to answer this thread question. Not active at all and never seem to be available when you really need them. I've even tried live chatting them telling them that the hacker is hacking as we speak and did they go out and check? Nope, they just told me they'd send a GM that was "patrolling" to go check. Such a load of crap.
    AlexF
  • DominikoDominiko
    Reactions: 240
    edited March 2017
    fake video "July" they doesnt exist anymore....
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Maybe if we complain enough arwoo will show up and give us a non-answer on the GM problem, just like all the other questions so far on the subject.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Maybe if we complain enough arwoo will show up and give us a non-answer on the GM problem, just like all the other questions so far on the subject.

He already did: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/37517/#Comment_37517
    Arwoo wrote: »
    We receive over hundreds of reports each day in regards to hackers and our investigation team handles each one.

However, I've seen many claims here on the forums and on the subreddit that despite these reports, players still see the same hacker in their usual spots. While it's not my primary role to address hacker related reports, I can provide assistance with these instances.

• WeAreOneWeAreOne
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    I report the cheaters, hopefully if one gets a few reports from people they will investigate him.

Edit:
    For 15$ a bot, I would clean each and every server on global (and luna)
    TP to bot map > cc all ch
    Move to an other bot map > repeat
    After a week I will frustrate them.
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2017
    I think I've seen a GM once in 8 years - when I went to one of those GM events. I've seen GMs do special chat on the chat sometimes when people are having a smega war though, I guess that counts? :P People say GMs patrol as "hidden" to players but if that were true wouldn't atleast a few of the botters we report be booted from the game? Edit: my server is scania.
    Verdict: They exist somewhere, at some time, in at least one server at a time maybe... but seeing one in the wild is rare like seeing a unicorn
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    Years ago I met one on Bera. Lets call him GMBeraLeeThere. GMBeraLeeThere would TP into the map I was reporting a vac-hacker and then threaten me with banning me for harassing someone that is only just trying to keep the maps clean. 0_0 doowutnao? He's watching someone sucking up everyone's drops in mid air and then vanishing to another channel. I'm not against someone running around with three pets to collect the things but teh hack was getting everything that pets coudn't get like fresh drops. I kept reporting 3847234u0 and e034703000 and 374723984 for it and GMBeraLeeThere would come and tell me that those people are doing a service by vac-hacking up all the stuff that drops.

Thankfully I've been able to report the hackers without getting told not to by the GMs for a few years now. Seems that nexon caught him and a few others being bullies.
    Though given that the ingame report button doesn't seem to work anymore, and reporting through the site keeps getting me 'Thank you for the report, we will investigate as soon as we can' I'm not holding my breath in seeing those hackers dealt with anytime soon.
    Tanya
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    GMBeraLeeThere

10/10
    TanyaDaisukeHaruto
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Next someone is going to come into the thread and be like the GMs are totes here they're just invisible and doing their job.

If so, maybe they need to bring back to blue text world messages when players get banned.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    also i think they sould work on registration system and improve because even if we get activ GM's 10-20per world(wich its most like wont hapend) still wont be enough and posb to deal with all that

also community has to stop buy meso/items (support those hackers)we have to start from ourself then point at nexon
    we cant act as we blind , those hackers arent here for nothing
    they make dirty cash out of some kids that later will get banned and endup lose acc and money they put wich at long term turns to more revolt and mess

at the end of the day its not about RANGEEEEEEEEE AND MESO we need to quit those toughts with help of nexon that will provide content where people will hang instead of fight for meso and range
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    I've seen a GM once outside of events and it was KThxBaiNao in Scania when he was CM. He was just afk in Ardent. Aside from that, I don't believe in GMs.