[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

storage malfunction

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Question to all of you who are affected: Was your storage in this strange state the first time you opened it after this maintenance? Or did it break after you used it once?

OP put something in storage and then noticed it was not acting normally.
    Did any of you notice whether the missing slots were there before trying to store or retrieve anything?

Mine was broken when I opened it. I noticed because my storage was full, but it wasn't full before the maintenance.
    I actually waited to use my storage because I saw this thread and kinda anticipated an unscheduled maintenance. I didn't wanna "break" mine if it wasn't already broken, if they were already rolling out a fix. But nope.
  • ElinstarElinstar
    Reactions: 600
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Question to all of you who are affected: Was your storage in this strange state the first time you opened it after this maintenance? Or did it break after you used it once?

OP put something in storage and then noticed it was not acting normally.
    Did any of you notice whether the missing slots were there before trying to store or retrieve anything?

It was like this the first time opening it after maintenance. I was going to put some items in for another character and found out I suddenly had no spaces. The only thing I did after opening was click "organize" to see if they'd reappear, the I went in and out of the cash shop, restarted the game, nothing changed. Still 42 spaces and 2 x'ed out spaces.
  • apmapm
    Reactions: 715
    edited March 2017
    I would like to point out something. for me it's not that unused slots disappeared. the database (as i can see in the cash shop) thinks i have 305 storage slots. but my client can't handle that amount, instead it shows 305 -256 = 49 slots. items that were in storage that wouldn't show were still there. i partially emptied my storage in kradia and eventually it would show items that were previously hidden from view, such as my cleanslates and some nodestones. now i emptied storage to the point that i shows some empty slots, and thanks to that i can now put some stuff back into the storage, so long as the nr of items doesn't exceed 49.
    as for when this went wrong, i think it was like this immediately after the maintenance. however i can't be sure of that. I didn't expect this malfunction so i just went to storage after the maintenance to put some recipes in. this did not give an error, since the recipes were already in there and simply stacked. normally at that point the game would scroll to the location of the recipes i just put in, and only then did i notice there was something weird going on.
    it didn't take me long to figure this had to be a bug. there were 3 slots x-ed out. storage normally is a multiple of 4 so it doesn't show x-ed out slots. then i noticed it didn't show all my items. but as i said, the database thinks i have 305 slots (i probably had maxed 128 slots before in kradia) so none of my items were actually 'gone'.
    i would also like to point out that i went in all 4 worlds i am in (mardia, kradia, yellonde, bellocan) and in all 4 worlds in the cash shop it shows 305 slots storage. isn't that weird? they weren't all maxed before.
  • phylaxisphylaxis
    Reactions: 300
    edited March 2017
    The spaces were already missing without using storage. ^^
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    No mention of it in the weekly maintenance. I used to screenshot my storage before every maintenance, looks like I'll be starting that tradition again.
  • PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 940
    edited March 2017
    @SadVirgin yea i took all my items out of storage and filled it up with trash cause Nexon will break something when they try to fix it lol
    DaisukeHaruto
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    It looks like my slots were returned to me. I haven't checked CS yet to confirm the number, but it looks much broader than my pre-maintenance screenshot.

Edit: Yep regained all my slots.
  • phylaxisphylaxis
    Reactions: 300
    edited March 2017
    I don't get the solution. Now I have a random amount of spaces that still isn't what I had before.
  • RandomBobbyRandomBobby
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited March 2017
    Just signed on after the server check. All my storage slots are back (least I think so, I may have not had max slots like I thought I did. But it looks the way it use to). How about you guys?
  • MewsMews
    Reactions: 800
    edited March 2017
    It's fixed for me checked my slots they're all back.
  • PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 940
    edited March 2017
    I am still missing slots! I can attach a screen shot if needed!
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited March 2017
    Mine was fixed after the latest SC.