[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How do you switch accounts with nexon launcher?

WindiaApprovedWindiaApproved
Reactions: 100
edited March 2017 in General Chat
How do you switch accounts with nexon launcher? I hate closing everything and then re-opening nexon launcer, wait for maple to load then relog.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Unfortunately that is the only way to do it.
    Great Quality of Life improvement, right?
    Xenon92
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2017
    yep, its a major pain in the ass.

this is supposedly their way of stopping hackers..
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    yep, its a major pain in the ass.

this is supposedly their way of stopping hackers..

Well, it's not working.
    I just took a trip to the Herb Town area, and found the usual Blaze Wizard hacker-bots in their usual maps.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    I've personally theorized it would help slightly in that area, but I'm sure reasons go deeper than that.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I've personally theorized it would help slightly in that area, but I'm sure reasons go deeper than that.

We'd really love to hear some reasons other than "it's too much effort for us to prepare the manual patch and full download every time". That is really not an acceptable reason for making so many players unable to play at all, and many others have to work harder to play. It's a company's job to make their product as accessible as possible, so customers don't give up and leave.

Maybe if they gave us a good reason we'd be able to see their side and accept the hassle of taking 10 minutes to switch accounts, rather than half a minute, as a fair price to pay.
    Fennekin
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    How do you switch accounts with nexon launcher? I hate closing everything and then re-opening nexon launcer, wait for maple to load then relog.

The best part? You have to actually go into a separate dialog window(settings) on the launcher to log out. Wouldn't that be something you include in the dropdown menu, and not hidden in settings?

See, you'd think it would be here, where pretty much anything else would have a log out button
    aljxpDy.png

But it's actually here
    hNCqhYi.png
    QrgPGDg.png
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    @Aggraphine: the drop-down menu from your profile name contains the "Logout" option.
    At least for me it does, because I told it not to log in automatically, so I don't need to "clear saved credentials."
    (However, it still puts the last used account ID into the login form, so I have to clear that to use another name.
    On the other hand, it doesn't remember what world I just used. Even if I'm in-game and click "change character", the last world I used is not highlighted by default. Go figure.)
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The best part? You have to actually go into a separate dialog window(settings) on the launcher to log out. Wouldn't that be something you include in the dropdown menu, and not hidden in settings?

You can click on your name to log out.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    Okay, I'll give you guys that one. Didn't know that's where they crammed the logout button.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    lol I remember having trouble finding the logout button too. I actually had to google where the hell they put it. Seems I wasn't the only one.