[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Event spam in chat window

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
aTFX2SB.png

Am I the only one bothered by this?
Does everyone else talk to their buddies/guild/alliance on Discord?
Or has everyone else given up on Nexon ever changing the needlessly annoying aspects of events?
SesomSlayerFennekin

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    Option C for me.

It seems to have just started recently. Before, it's been ludicrous amounts of worthless event trash dropping(easter event). But ever since the Choco Onslaught event, or whatever the hell it was called, they seem to be putting more and more event notifications into the chat box.

Don't even start me on the pointlessly-redundant buddy/guild/alliance login notifications.
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    They can try and have a notification status bar on the right hand side maybe that can clear up some issues.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    This stuff should be in the Combat tab. Or a new tab which will be called Event or something.
    As it is, it can't even be filtered out. You select "FRIENDS" and you still see it because apparently it's top priority.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited March 2017
    I am annoyed by this too. If combat/all tab is selected it should pop up, if not then is should not appear since it's not part of the other tabs.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Honor exp definitely belongs in the Combat tab, along with regular exp and meso and everything else you loot.
    AlexF
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Honor exp definitely belongs in the Combat tab, along with regular exp and meso and everything else you loot.

Honor and exp/meso gains from non-standard sources(sudden missions, combo orbs, etc) aren't that bad on their own. It's when they have two high-spam events going simultaneously that everything gets retarded af.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Honor and exp/meso gains from non-standard sources(sudden missions, combo orbs, etc) aren't that bad on their own. It's when they have two high-spam events going simultaneously that everything gets retarded af.

Honor exp from the medals, that drop from normal mobs all the time, belongs in the combat tab, along with the meso that those mobs drop and the exp you gain from them. When you're killing fast it becomes quite a hindrance to reading what your friends are saying.
    The only reason they're in the chat window is because in the past those medals were not auto-consume, and you had to manually use them. So when you did that you got feedback that something happened, in your chat window. But now that they are auto-consumed, like meso bags, they don't deserve an unfilterable line in the chat window.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Honor exp from the medals, that drop from normal mobs all the time, belongs in the combat tab, along with the meso that those mobs drop and the exp you gain from them. When you're killing fast it becomes quite a hindrance to reading what your friends are saying.
    The only reason they're in the chat window is because in the past those medals were not auto-consume, and you had to manually use them. So when you did that you got feedback that something happened, in your chat window. But now that they are auto-consumed, like meso bags, they don't deserve an unfilterable line in the chat window.

Very true, but what I'm saying is that on their own they aren't as bad, I can still somewhat read chat with minimal effort with the usual honor/exp/meso lines. They can still get punted off to the combat tab for sure, but combining the usual chat spam with two events with fairly high drop rates that also spam the chat is utter absurdity. Thanks to these events blowing the hell out of my chat box, I just don't even bother trying.