[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    Botters are already controlling the market on basically every server for elite boss drops. And the megaphone-spamming bots show that NX items can, and are, duped. You wanna add cubes to that?

It'd be a simple process, really. Buy one ten-pack of each cube, dupe the hell out of it, sell.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    tldr: we can't have nice things because nexon is incompetent. Maybe they should fix their broken game to prevent duping?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Botters are already controlling the market on basically every server for elite boss drops. And the megaphone-spamming bots show that NX items can, and are, duped. You wanna add cubes to that?

It'd be a simple process, really. Buy one ten-pack of each cube, dupe the hell out of it, sell.

Not necessarily duping, but another severe issue is being able to simply buy power. We don't have KMS's meso market or any official way to convert NX to mesos, so being able to sell cubes hands control of that market to whoever buys the most NX. I might have accepted crafted cubes being tradeable, but cash cubes gets a vote of "no" from me personally.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Not necessarily duping, but another severe issue is being able to simply buy power. We don't have KMS's meso market or any official way to convert NX to mesos, so being able to sell cubes hands control of that market to whoever buys the most NX. I might have accepted crafted cubes being tradeable, but cash cubes gets a vote of "no" from me personally.

How is this worse than letting only those who buy NX have the good cubes?

Besides, those who buy NX already control the market for everything that originates in the Cash Shop, from PSSB equipment covers, through Gachapon chairs and mounts, to Marvel/Philo OP crap of all kinds. I don't see how letting them sell cubes (or pets, or smegas, or any other cash item) for meso is going to make anything worse. It would just get rid of the black market of "gifting".
    Just as Meso Market would get rid of the black market of buying and selling NX codes for meso.
    But Nexon America doesn't want to give us either.
    July
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    neo continues to demonstrate he doesn't even play this game.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    neo continues to demonstrate he doesn't even play this game.

I have a level 212 Mechanic in GRAZED. I'm on constantly. I've been in Haven for the past week because Upper Skyline has better mob density to complete the Peplock quests.
    AKradian wrote: »
    How is this worse than letting only those who buy NX have the good cubes?

Besides, those who buy NX already control the market for everything that originates in the Cash Shop, from PSSB equipment covers, through Gachapon chairs and mounts, to Marvel/Philo OP crap of all kinds. I don't see how letting them sell cubes (or pets, or smegas, or any other cash item) for meso is going to make anything worse. It would just get rid of the black market of "gifting".
    Just as Meso Market would get rid of the black market of buying and selling NX codes for meso.
    But Nexon America doesn't want to give us either.

I was just offering a personal opinion and wasn't trying to argue. Frankly there are several issues and they're all interlinked; people who buy NX control the markt for Gachapon items and Surprise Style items, but both of those are decorative anyway meaning it doesn't pose an issue. Meso Market does highly benefit botters and without strict login restrictions it wouldn't help legitimate players much. Illegal transactions are illegal, and you can be banned for participating, which helps reduce control people do have. I'd just personally prefer not to give them universal, official control over the game's primary power source.
    MegaScience
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited March 2017
    Will never happen. There are hackers in GMS who sell clean accounts with loaded NX credit. It will pretty much break the game with infinite cubes.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    genji123 wrote: »
    Will never happen. There are hackers in GMS who sell clean accounts with loaded NX credit. It will pretty much break the game with infinite cubes.

This is probably the weakest argument against tradable cubes. It would be very easy to allow them to only be purchased with nx prepaid. Credit could still be used for non-tradable cubes for example.
  • GenkaiX1GenkaiX1
    Reactions: 840
    edited April 2017
    Because KMS is better and Nexon GMS doesn't want us to have a more balanced game. Trade-able cubes would lessen the black market and allow EVERY player to enahnce their potential.

Nexon just wants people to be forced to buy NX directly so they can buy cube bundles themselves. It's a shame really, that's why the KMS market is so amazing. Everything worthwhile is able to be bought with mesos. Not to mention their NX/Meso conversion is amazing. Nexon had something similar (but not as good) with the MTS but then they ran into a hiccup with people abusing it and instead of trying to fix it just shut it down completely.

Make cubes trade able.