[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Two Glitches (Title Too Long)

BXLBXL
Reactions: 870
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi all... So, I've been reading through some of the forum threads, and since the GMs that reply through email about certain issues aren't giving me a real answer, I might as well try here. The issues below aren't as big of a deal as players getting cheated of their Maple World Records rewards (see: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5zsmh1/i_no_longer_want_to_play_this_game/ ) or the irritation people are feeling about UTC/PST/PDT server time, but it would be nice if it was actually taken into consideration. Without further ado, here they are.

Issue #1:

The Tot's Know-How quests that require you to do something with an item that Tot gives you aren't registering its completion. This is a quote from the request I sent: "It said that Tot would give me an Inventory Expansion coupon, which he did, and that I would need to use it to finish the quest. I did, but perhaps I used it too quickly or something, and it didn't register. So, now I am stuck with no Inventory Expansion coupon and cannot complete that quest." which basically summarizes the issue, and not only did it happen for this particular quest, it also happened with the Potential and Cubes quest. The GM's reply was this:

"Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

I understand that you are having a lot of issues with the Tot's Know-How quests. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would like to let you know that this has been reported and will be looked into thoroughly. Please understand that determining the cause and finding a permanent solution for this may take quite some time so we humbly ask you for your much needed patience. Feel free to create a follow-up ticket and we will provide you with an update should there be any. Alternatively, you can check our website regularly as we will be posting any news and fixes/updates on there.

Your understanding is highly appreciated.
Sincerely,

GM Vesale"

And so I replied with "Ah I see, thank you!" , because really what else could I say? But when I went back to ask if the issue had been fixed yet, they only said, "Our Game Team is still looking into this report. Right now, I am unable to provide any estimate for the completion date to avoid confusing or disappointing players. We try to only announce these dates when we are sure we can meet the arrival schedule. Also, I suggest that you check back on the game from time to time to see if this has been fixed. Lastly, you may visit our Known Issue section for further updates." And that was the last time I tried asking about that. I haven't been doing Tot's Know-How quests since, and the equipment that was upgraded in the Potential and Cubes quests have since been in my inventory wasting space, because it would be even more impossible for me to finish the quests without having the equipment.

Issue #2:

When you finish the newest theme dungeon, in the latest update, Kerning Tower, the completion stamp is not given to you. Ironically, this happened right after the A Better Maple team gave players a bonus for getting the completion stamp, which is to be able to teleport back to that area through the Maple Guide no matter what level you are if you have the stamp. My request: "A friend and I heard about the new Kerning Tower Theme Dungeon and decided to check it out. After finishing it and getting the medal, and even seeing the event quest for finishing Kerning Tower being finished, we expected to see a completion stamp in Maple Guide. Despite all this proof that it was finished, however, the stamp was not there, and we could not find anything else to do in order to receive it." Once again, they said something along the lines of "sorry for the inconvenience", "this has been forwarded and is being looked into", and "check the website for updates". Oh, and "contact us so we can help you with other issues". Sorry about the lowkey salt here, but I would rather you help me with this issue than asking me to tell you about others...

Precisely because:

The biggest issue with their replies is that the issues are not even included in the Known Issue section.

So basically, their reply is useless and untrue.

I'm sorry... but Maplestory seems to get worse and worse with every update... And more and more bugs come along with it. The bugs aren't the problem - the fact that the Maplestory team does not seem to be listening to the players' requests and suggestions is. (Not all of the time of course, such as my personal experience with the Maplestory team fixing Shao's glitch, but most of the time. Therefore, I still believe my point stands.) This post is one of many that have listed things that need to be fixed, and the majority of the posts don't get decent/real replies... But at least I've said my part. With that in mind, thank you for reading this incredibly long post, whoever you are. :D

P.S. Check out the poll below!

1. @ everyone who has submitted a request for an issue, has your issue been resolved completely?5 votes
    1. Yeah, totally!
       20% (1 vote)
    2. Uh... kind of? Some of it...
       20% (1 vote)
    3. Nope, not at all!
       40% (2 votes)
    4. They answered with something like "this is being investigated/check our website for updates"
       20% (1 vote)

Comments

• PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 940
    edited March 2017
    Bro nexon America can't fix anything, all they can do is tell Korea about it and hope for the best. So you need to learn korean and go talk to nexon korea. Literally all nexon america does is publish the game, and copy paste the code they are given from korea. Any bugs are sent back to korean team to fix and send back again to america to copy and paste. Thats why nothing ever gets fixed.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Pharrett wrote: »
    Bro nexon America can't fix anything, all they can do is tell Korea about it and hope for the best. So you need to learn korean and go talk to nexon korea. Literally all nexon america does is publish the game, and copy paste the code they are given from korea. Any bugs are sent back to korean team to fix and send back again to america to copy and paste. Thats why nothing ever gets fixed.

None of this is helpful to anything OP is experiencing. Please try to be helpful in the future.

You receive the Kerning Tower completion stamp for killing a certain number of monsters, rather than completing the theme dungeon if I'm not mistaken.
    The former issues with Tot's Know-How are known and have been reported prior.

Edit: Kill 500 Harried Hair Rollers to collect the completion stamp on Kerning Tower.
  • BXLBXL
    edited March 2017

I see, and thank you for the explanation! But... easier said than done in regards to learning Korean lol
  • BXLBXL
    edited March 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

None of this is helpful to anything OP is experiencing. Please try to be helpful in the future.

You receive the Kerning Tower completion stamp for killing a certain number of monsters, rather than completing the theme dungeon if I'm not mistaken.
    The former issues with Tot's Know-How are known and have been reported prior.

Edit: Kill 500 Harried Hair Rollers to collect the completion stamp on Kerning Tower.

@ Killing the mobs to get the completion stamp:

Thank you very much! I didn't realize it because it was a theme dungeon, and most theme dungeons give you it upon completion. And additionally, normally Maplestory lets you see what mobs you need to kill/field to go to to kill the mobs in order to get the stamp by right clicking on the area, but when you right click Kerning Tower it only shows the town map. Also, a question: why isn't Kerning Tower classified as a theme dungeon rather than a regular field?

@ Tot's Know-How issues

I see... just wondering, how come it isn't on the Known Issues list?

Thank you again for taking the time to read this and reply. After sending this I kind of realized it was an overglorified rant, and I apologize for that. Thanks a lot for the help in regards to the information you gave me!
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited March 2017
    I just hope that codex is able to be fixed along with chance of getting special elite monster from monster collection so many elites to get T_T
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    BXL wrote: »

Thank you very much! I didn't realize it because it was a theme dungeon, and most theme dungeons give you it upon completion. And additionally, normally Maplestory lets you see what mobs you need to kill/field to go to to kill the mobs in order to get the stamp by right clicking on the area, but when you right click Kerning Tower it only shows the town map. Also, a question: why isn't Kerning Tower classified as a theme dungeon rather than a regular field?

@ Tot's Know-How issues

Thank you again for taking the time to read this and reply. After sending this I kind of realized it was an overglorified rant, and I apologize for that. Thanks a lot for the help in regards to the information you gave me!

I don't particularly know why it requires killing mobs rather than completing the dungeon. Possibly because it's a higher-level dungeon and newer.

I'm unsure why the Tot issues are not on the known issues list, I don't possess control over it.
    As far as I can tell the issues have been forwarded to Nexon, though. I'll double-check to be sure.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Please forgive my ignorance, but where do we even see this "known issues" list?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Please forgive my ignorance, but where do we even see this "known issues" list?

The only list I've ever heard of is:

https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115001102066-Known-Issues-with-3-2-Update

They update it with major issues, or when people report the same issue multiple times. (from what I can tell)

That's specific to the 3/2 patch and it's not even correct - the golden hammers have been fixed.
    I'm sure that's not all the issues that Nexon is aware of.
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited April 2017

@ Tot's Know-How issues

I don't particularly know why it requires killing mobs rather than completing the dungeon. Possibly because it's a higher-level dungeon and newer.

I'm unsure why the Tot issues are not on the known issues list, I don't possess control over it.
    As far as I can tell the issues have been forwarded to Nexon, though. I'll double-check to be sure.

Hello do you know if ti possible for these monster to have familiars sometime in the future I would really like the head phone ones if nothing else ^^
  • BXLBXL
    edited April 2017

@ Tot's Know-How issues

Hello do you know if ti possible for these monster to have familiars sometime in the future I would really like the head phone ones if nothing else ^^

Hi there! XD And to answer your question, I don't think so. Most theme dungeon monsters don't drop familiar cards, with the exception of Lion King's Castle. But LKC monsters also drop the Crusader Codex cards... so that might be the deal - that if a monster drops the Crusader Codex card, it drops the familiar cards. Since Kerning Tower's monsters don't drop the Crusader Codex cards, I don't think they drop familiar cards.