[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[PROGRESSION] Afterlands - Final door won't open

Scooby6363Scooby6363
Reactions: 820
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest

Brief bug summary: Although I have obtained all 12 keys during the Afterlands quest and I have unlocked all 12 locks, the quest is not prompted to finish.

More details: When I first began the Afterland questline, the background was pitch black however the environment was still the same. When I entered the Land of Warriors and the night fell, only half of the screen turned into nighttime. This may have just indicated that somehow the screen became off-center however I thought it would be logical to include any other minor errors included which may have lead to this major error. Also, during the Afterlands questline right before I began the quest to get the bag of treasure in the Land of Riches, I disconnected and was forced to reopen maplestory. After this disconnection, I obtained the next key and noticed that it prompted me as if I had only obtain 1 key so far (1/12 keys obtained). I hoped that this would have no major effect on finishing the questline so I decided to continue on until I obtained all the keys although the game only recognized that I had obtained 3 keys. Once I got to the door and used my keys on the remaining locks, there was no prompt or cutscene to finish the Afterlands questline.
I attempted to log out and log back and upon reentry I was greeted with the reappearance of all 12 locks. Even the locks I had opened after disconnection also reappeared. However, you can clearly see that both the texture for the lock being opened and the lock being closed are overlapping each other.

http://prntscr.com/ejo685

For a solution to this issue, Ashkaya could be given the option to give any keys that were somehow lost during gameplay according to the quests the player has finished. Ashkaya could check the quests the player has done and if the player had already completed the quests needed to obtain each key, Ashkaya could give these keys back to the player.

Character name: Scoobys6363

Character level: Currently level 124

Character job: Kaiser

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Sunday, March 12. Unsure of the exact time.

Thank you for acknowledging my post!
LadyBerserkMeowchkin

Comments

• KingFroKingFro
    Reactions: 100
    edited March 2017
    I have the same issue as you are.I'm in the world Reboot too.What can we do now?
  • iixcatherineiixcatherine
    edited March 2017
    I am having the same exact issue.
  • iWreckinBawliWreckinBawl
    Reactions: 600
    edited March 2017
    Brief bug summary: Functionality

More details:
    Stuck in Land of Contemplation, Cannot do the colour quest while Billy in the land.. Please, fix this...

Steps to reproduce:
    Please, bring the Quest light bulb back on Billy's head.

Character name: Phäntüm

Character level: 93

Character job: Phantom

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: 3/17/2017 5:15pm EST
  • DuaiBiadeDuaiBiade
    edited March 2017
    same here. finish all the missions and release the 12 locks and nothing happens...
    MAPLE STORY EUROPE
    LUNE
    Nick : DuaiBiade
  • Joshua7521Joshua7521
    edited March 2017
    Same here, i want my totems :(
  • TescoshopperTescoshopper
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    Character name merrr1310, Xenon, Broa. I travelled to the afterlands and retrieved all 12 keys, although when I received the last one it flashed up s 10/12 keys. I have unlocked all the locks and there are none left on the door, yet I cannot go through it or complete any quests regarding the door etc. I unlocked 2 locks when I first got the keys, I then got the other 10 and unlocked the last 10 in one go. Can you please look in to this for me as I'd love to receive the quest rewards!

Has anyone else had this issue? I've seen lots of bugs for afterlands but none like this!

Moderator Note:

Hello.

Please follow the Bug Reporting format via the <u><b><a href="http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/33/maplestory-bug-reporting-guidelines#latest">MapleStory Bug Reporting Guidelines</a></b></u> when posting in this subforum.

Bug type:

Brief bug summary:

More details:
    (anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:
    (if not covered in the summary)

Character name:
    Character level:
    Character job:
    World name:
    Date and time of the incident:
    (mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)
  • BhavvBhavv
    Reactions: 300
    edited March 2017
    I just unlocked all 12 locks but the door still wont open.
  • PockydipChocPockydipChoc
    edited March 2017
    I finished all the key quest and all the lock on door is unlock yet it still telling me i don't have the key particular for the lock. Anyone knows why is that?
  • DuaiBiadeDuaiBiade
    edited March 2017
    unlocked all 12 locks as u can see on this picture : https://ibb.co/mfEuFa
    and nothing happened
    no more missions
    MAPLE STORY EU LUNA
    duaibiade
  • natsukangaroo1natsukangaroo1
    edited April 2017
    Brief summary: Finish all the quest and have unlocked all the key but can not move forward.
    More Summary: I repeat the available quests but nothing else happen.
    Character name: LBattleMge
    Character Level: 177
    Character job: Battle Mage
    World name: Bellocan
    Date and time of the incident: March 27,2017. Uncertain of the time around midnight, Eastern time
  • LadyBerserkLadyBerserk
    edited March 2017
    i have the same problem. I complete all the quests and open all the padlocks and nothing happend. i need help.

Bug Type: Afterlands quest completed but it never end.
    Brief bug summary: I complete all the quests and open all the padlocks but nothing happend, and i dont recive my rewards.
    Character Name: LadyBerserk
    World Name: Bera
    Character Level: 130
    Date: 29/03/2017
    https://ibb.co/n1bWdv
  • LadyBerserkLadyBerserk
    edited March 2017

Brief bug summary: Although I have obtained all 12 keys during the Afterlands quest and I have unlocked all 12 locks, the quest is not prompted to finish.

More details: i complete all the quests and when i open the las lock nothing happend, and i cant anything just repeat all the opcionals quests.

https://ibb.co/n1bWdv

Character name: LadyBerserk

Character level: Currently level 130

Character job: Aran

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 29/03/2017. Unsure of the exact time.
  • AhwahneeAhwahnee
    edited April 2017
    Hi! I am experiencing the same issue - door not opening after all 12 locks are unlocked.

Brief bug summary: After unlocking the last lock of the 12 locks in afterlands, nothing happened.

More details:
    I know that what should happen is after the last lock is unlocked, there will be a cut scene. For me, there was none.

Character name: Ahwahnee
    Character level: 148
    Character job: Aran
    World name: Scania
    Date and time of the incident: 4/3/2017
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    How did you guys get all 12 keys? I can't seem to activate the gold sack and have no idea how to progress :(
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Thank you all for reporting on this issue. We have forwarded it.
    AndyAndersonKhanaroz
  • WearinessWeariness
    edited April 2017
    Same problem here. All 12 locks unlocked and nothing happened.
    Character name: Daliel
    World: Bera
    Job: Aran
  • AsamuelAsamuel
    edited April 2017
    ok just for you guys , the work around solution for this bug is simple...first make sure ,you got all keys ,meaning 1 key and 1 lock left ,(dont forget the notice book +key for the real key) ....... if everythink seems fine , and you get the message cant unlock that door ,keep hiting with your mouse on the spot of the lock...in your chat the message cant unlock that door will appear a few times (13 clicks-till 30 seconds of perma clicking ) and pop ,the lock will magically open for you .....if i save your gamer live feel free to buy me stuff xD peace
  • AndyAndersonAndyAnderson
    edited April 2017
    Hi, having the same bug as everyone here.
    Imgur Link - http://imgur.com/a/azM1z

Unlocked all the locks and can't complete the quest for The Afterlands Totems.

I'm on server Reboot.

Please help.
  • ChuChuRuChuChuRu
    Reactions: 440
    edited April 2017
    Same issue. Luna EU.

European coders fixed bugs like these in maximum a month.
  • KhanarozKhanaroz
    edited April 2017

Brief summary: Finish all the quest and have unlocked all the key but the big door is not opened, therefore it does not give me the prize.

More Summary: I make the missions that are available but nothing happens.

Q5mX6a.png

Character name: Khanaroz
    Character Level: 202
    Character job: Shade
    World name: Mardia